Total Rushing yards combined on Sunday?

Total Rushing yards combined this Sunday?

• 0-75

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 76-125

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • 126-175

Votes: 23 48.9%
  • 176+

Votes: 14 29.8%

• Total voters

2_0_6

Reaction score
I really wonder how Pete will try to eliminate Wake, Suh, and Williams this Sunday.. I have a feeling we are going to see a heavy dose of the run and some play action.

I think we finish in the 140 range

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Suspect you're right about Pete's approach but I think the spread with quick reads and throws would be more effective because it's disheartening to pass rushers and because it puts less pressure on Seattle's o-line.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Hoping we don't see much of Russ under center. Go to the spread, run out of 3 WR sets.

When we try to go big against physical DLs, we tend to lose at the line of shcrimmage.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Laloosh":6z4je07r said:
Hoping we don't see much of Russ under center. Go to the spread, run out of 3 WR sets.

When we try to go big against physical DLs, we tend to lose at the line of shcrimmage.

Yep. Keep Russ safe. Dink and dunk. The defense will have to start covering the soft spot opening up the read option and developing pass plays. Keep them on their heels all day having to cover more grass.

I think doing this, like we did the last half of 2015, will give our OL some more time to gel and gain confidence. If we try to run heavy off the bat these guys are going to make too many mistakes being this new.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I'm still betting Pete will try to sneak back to run-first and, without Rawls, end up regretting it. We'll go back to pass-first in the third quarter.

kearly

Reaction score
Stopping the run against Seattle usually comes down to how well the linebackers play. The Dolphins LBs are pretty mediocre, the addition of a buy-low Kiko Alonso only helps them so much. With the Dolphins pass rushers being so scary for our tackles, it would make sense for Seattle to aim for a 60% run ratio and try to hit the 150-200 rushing yards range.

McGruff

Reaction score
I have a feeling we have over 200 yards rushing, and Wilson passes less than 20 times.

It's what Pete wants to do.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Christine Michael - 70 yards
Thomas Rawls - 50 yards
CJ Prosise - 30 yards
Russell Wilson - 25 yards
Jon Ryan - 10 yards

Total = 185 yards

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Last season's dolphins gave up an average of 125 yards per game. I think we'll dedicate to the run as usual and we're pretty good at it. We also don't need to put Russ in harms way too often. We have a highly inexperienced line and I don't think Pete is looking foreward to seeing that Nutman Suh jumping up and down on Russell's skull. Fewer pass attempts means more rushing yards.

Donn2390

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":1rqgqkmr said:
Christine Michael - 70 yards
Thomas Rawls - 50 yards
CJ Prosise - 30 yards
Russell Wilson - 25 yards
Jon Ryan - 10 yards

Total = 185 yards
Oh ya, I forgot about the little guy, he can run to. ! I was thinking Rawls and Michael, I want a re vote, I wanna up my total...

Hawks46

Reaction score
kearly":7twq5nz5 said:
Stopping the run against Seattle usually comes down to how well the linebackers play. The Dolphins LBs are pretty mediocre, the addition of a buy-low Kiko Alonso only helps them so much. With the Dolphins pass rushers being so scary for our tackles, it would make sense for Seattle to aim for a 60% run ratio and try to hit the 150-200 rushing yards range.

This is a pretty good strategy. The way you slow down pass rushers is to run right at them. Wake is an elite pass rusher, but only an above average run defender. It's going to be easier for Sowell to run block him than try to deal with his speed around the outside.

I went option 2 with 75-125 rush yards. I actually forgot to factor in Wilson's rushing, but I also theorize he's not going to try to run as much. Suh is the only real matchup that worries me, and he's up against Glowinski. You can run a stretch ZBS against big DT's to wear them down by making them run laterally, but that won't work on Suh.

The Dolphins have a pretty weak secondary. I think we could rush for more yards against them, but I also think you go the path of least resistance, and it won't be difficult to pass against the Dolphins. I think we get the majority of our rush yards in the 2nd half, with us going into halftime with around 50.