Snack Attack!

mrt144

Reaction score
So little something different and not sure if it really belongs here but...

What are ya'll making for the first game coming up this Sunday? A few years ago my wife and I made a bunch of snacks/meals that reflected our opponents - Pulled pork sliders for Carolina, Carne Asada tacos for San Diego, Cioppino for the Niners, so on and so forth.

We're trying to get back into the swing of things this year and hopefully get a few good ideas on how to fill our bellies during game time.

For Miami what would you guys make? Mini cubano sandwiches? Something Caribbean like jerk chicken wings and drumsticks? Something else?

I'll keep bumping this thread every week with your snack ideas based on the regional cuisine of our opponents and if you have a recipe all the better.

StoneCold

Reaction score
mrt144":mppxkpx2 said:

What are ya'll making for the first game coming up this Sunday? A few years ago my wife and I made a bunch of snacks/meals that reflected our opponents - Pulled pork sliders for Carolina, Carne Asada tacos for San Diego, Cioppino for the Niners, so on and so forth.

We're trying to get back into the swing of things this year and hopefully get a few good ideas on how to fill our bellies during game time.

For Miami what would you guys make? Mini cubano sandwiches? Something Caribbean like jerk chicken wings and drumsticks? Something else?

I'll keep bumping this thread every week with your snack ideas based on the regional cuisine of our opponents and if you have a recipe all the better.

Obviously Dolphin Tacos.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Cool idea! We've never modeled our menu based on opponent.

RobDaHawk

Reaction score
I like this idea cuz I love to cook. I'll adopt your game day tradition I think and post whatever I make in this thread. Make something Cuban.

Edit: I'm going to make crab fritters.

OP
OP
M

mrt144

Reaction score
Laloosh":3qb2iwg5 said:

After the 2011 and 2012 season we got in a rut where we just made the easiest things. 2013 and 2014 we started doing the opponent regional food snacks, 2015 we got back in a rut again and honestly, neither of us wanted anything resembling Skyline Chili

drcool

Reaction score
Cuban sandwiches would be my choice for Miami.

For Super Bowls I usually try to make food based on the teams playing but have never done it on a week to week basis.

Largent80

Reaction score
Usually we have a thread in the game day forum where everyone lists the Jersey, food, and libations.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
StoneCold":354q9c9d said:
mrt144":354q9c9d said:

Obviously Dolphin Tacos.
Or fried dolphin.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Don't forget to check Moses' Menu on this site before games, for some creative (not always edible) opponent food ideas. :)

dogorama

Reaction score
mrt144":3sns0e4k said:

Good thread, make sure you have some good SF sourdough to dip in the Cioppino, and I've never had a Cubano, but after seeing that movie where the guy and his kid started a Cubano food truck, I have always wanted to try one.

Jets? Thin crust pizza and corned beef piled high on Rye.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Laloosh":3qn3artd said:

Didn't Moses used to do this in his weekly Sermons ? Unless you were being sarcastic and it went way over my head.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Hawks46":2y27hgdf said:
Laloosh":2y27hgdf said:

Didn't Moses used to do this in his weekly Sermons ? Unless you were being sarcastic and it went way over my head.
We, as in, my family.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
dogorama":398kg9ka said:
mrt144":398kg9ka said:

Good thread, make sure you have some good SF sourdough to dip in the Cioppino, and I've never had a Cubano, but after seeing that movie where the guy and his kid started a Cubano food truck, I have always wanted to try one.

Jets? Thin crust pizza and corned beef piled high on Rye.

Stop already with the senseless slaughter of Cubanos.

A

Anonymous

Jets?

Small bags of peanuts, and you drink out of clear plastic cups.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":25dhiqq4 said:
Jets?

Small bags of peanuts, and you drink out of clear plastic cups.

Great thing about that one is you can still get beer or coffee. Just no lunch or dinner.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
That mahi mahi looks good too. Cooked up a couple in Guam at a bar I was playing pool at one night. A guy brought in 2 of them and I filleted them for the during tournament eats. If we did not do that we would fry a turkey. I did that there for the first time too. They taught me well.......I think....for Navy peoples. LOL

Latest posts