DeAndre Elliott CB

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Who is DeAndre Elliot? I saw him wear number 1 against the Raiders and made at least two noticeable plays. Seemed fast.

Where did he come from? Did we see him perform well in the other preseason games?

Full me in because he is the only guy on the 53 that was a big head scratcher.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Wenhawk":3leleoy6 said:
Who is DeAndre Elliot? I saw him wear number 1 against the Raiders and made at least two noticeable plays. Seemed fast.

Where did he come from? Did we see him perform well in the other preseason games?

Full me in because he is the only guy on the 53 that was a big head scratcher.

He was definitely on the 'seahawky' radar. One of maybe 6 prospects that measured up appropriately. I hoped he'd be a day 3 pick personally.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Didn't he get carted off the field in the 4th? He looked impressive the whole game though.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
http://www.coloradoan.com/story/spo...-deandre-elliott-shines-nfl-combine/81113722/
"CSU's DeAndre Elliott was one of the top performers among cornerbacks in several physical tests Monday at the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis.

Elliott, 6-foot-1 and 188 pounds, had the second-best vertical leap of 41 inches, just a half-inch below Florida State’s Jalen Ramsey.

He also finished second among the 37 cornerbacks participating in the combine in the 20-yard shuttle run with a time of 3.93 seconds – just a hundredth of a second slower than Temple’s Tavon Young.

Elliott also turned in top-10 performances in the standing broad jump, finishing sixth at 10 feet, 3 inches, and in the three-cone drill, finishing eighth in 6.93 seconds.

Television coverage of the event on the NFL Network showed Elliott running his 40-yard dashes in 4.54 and 4.44 seconds, but his official time went down as 4.55 – 23rd among the cornerbacks.

Elliott, who could not be reached for comment, also participated in other agility drills with the cornerbacks, under the watchful eye of scouts from all 32 NFL teams.

Elliott started 11 games for the Rams as a senior in 2015. He intercepted two passes, broke up four others, blocked a kick and was in on 32 tackles. He finished his CSU career with seven interceptions, including one that he returned 76 yards for a touchdown, 27 pass breakups, two fumble recoveries and 124 tackles.

The Dallas native is projected as a free-agent signee by most NFL draft analysts, meaning he won’t be selected in the seven-round draft April 28-30 but will instead sign with a team after the draft in hopes of making the roster during training camps this summer.

Elliott was one of two former CSU players participating in this year’s NFL Scouting Combine. Receiver Rashard Higgins, also a Dallas native, went through his on-field workouts Saturday. Higgins, who is projected as a third- to fourth-round draft pick, ran the 40 in 4.64 seconds, bench-pressed 225 pounds 13 times, had a vertical leap of 32 inches and went 9-8 in the standing broad jump."

Here's what Roto had to say. http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/cfb/135330/deandre-elliott

"At the NFL Combine, Colorado State CB Deandre Elliott tested out in the 95th percentile of Rotoworld contributor Zach Whitman's SPARQ system.
Elliott tested very well -- he's got speed for days -- and is over 6-feet with 32-inch arms. Pete Carroll, did you hear that? Elliott came into the event projected as a UDFA by NFL Draft Scout, but corners that big, rangy, fast, athletic and long-armed rarely get out of Day 3. Expect to see him get popped late in Day 3 by a team that will gamble on its coaching staff. Cough. The Seahawks. Cough. Cough. Sorry, it's a bit drafty in here. By here, I mean in this text box. And by drafty, I mean we're ending this blurb with a pun party."

Maybe he's "the guy".

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Wow, someone nailed it. He looked explosive on the few plays I saw him. Showing up fast on film is a good thing. Could we have struck gold?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

MB12

Reaction score
I wrote about Elliot here: http://insidethepylon.com/film-study/fi ... ary-udfas/

I had him facing a massive task of making the 53.

Here are the main positives

"Elliott fits the Seahawks’ physical requirement for a cornerback, being long and rangey at 6’ 1”, with 32” arms – the arm length that appears to be the crucial measurement for potential Seahawks defensive backs. At the combine, he had a ridiculous 41” vertical jump – tied for third-best amongst combine attendees – and concerns over his 4.55 second forty time should be downplayed considering that the Seahawks do not demand top-end speed from their corners. John Schneider stated that “there was a chance we would have taken him. He fits the mold of Jeremy [Lane] actually”.

Elliott has been criticised by some for bailing too quickly at times. However, by being conservative and bailing at the first sign of a vertical threat, it means he is rarely beat deep. His bail also fits Seattle’s scheme, which frequently has its cornerbacks playing bail Cover 3, with a few man principles. On the rare occasion that Elliott is beat deep, it is due to him not maintaining his cushion – which appears to be more a misreading of the receiver’s route rather than an occasional bad habit.

Elliott’s bail-style is not the only thing which makes him a Seahawks’-style corner technique-wise. He recorded seven interceptions in college, a result of his ability to keep his eyes on the quarterback and also his receiver. In addition, he undercuts wide receiver routes and breaks off of receivers in order to attack the football. His technique improved yearly, seeing him gain a full-time starter role in 2015 – where he spent the majority of his snaps at field corner."

Seafan

Reaction score
I went back and watched preseason game 4 and Elliott looked very good on D and STs. He sprained his ankle during the game. Hopefully he'll be back soon.

TatupuIsRRRR

Reaction score
Elliot going to be the guy with body frame to let coaches feel comfortable going away Harold Simon!!!! DO IT ALWAYS COMPETE GO HAWKS WIN FOREVER!!!

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
TatupuIsRRRR":154gqp8q said:
Elliot going to be the guy with body frame to let coaches feel comfortable going away Harold Simon!!!! DO IT ALWAYS COMPETE GO HAWKS WIN FOREVER!!!

If Elliott can even just be a competent corner and that makes Simon expendable, I say hell yeah. Never got the love for Simon when he always seems so lost on plays.

Jville

Reaction score
Elliot is an fun addition. I had my doubts about whether he could grow,in year one, into their legion quickly enough to make the initial 53. DeAndre instills intrigue in fans of roster building. I'll be looking for #1 to emerge as the season evolves.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
hawknation2016":em81ac3z said:
Wenhawk":em81ac3z said:
Could we have struck gold?

Yes. Pete is one hell of a free agent recruiter and evaluator of DB talent.
Except for a fella named Tharold Simon. He should have kept Burley. Elliot did look good during preseason. I am glad he made the roster.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I really noticed Elliott's play and technique on a couple passes vs the Raiders. Looks like a great find.
At times, it seemed like he was the only corner that was playing Seahawk football.