K
51. Hauschka

P
52. Ryan

LS
53. Gresham

rjdriver

Reaction score
I think you have to put Tyvis Powell on the list of DB's.

There's always a couple of jaw droppers though.

OP
OP
dutchcoug

dutchcoug

Reaction score
Yeah, I was torn between Powell, Lambert, Pierre-Louis. I picked Lambert because Kam might have some pull and Pierre-Louis because we need the LB depth. I also considering having another WR on the roster.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
I agree with the OP, but I still have to think the coaches would see this as overreacting to one preseason game (re: Lambert, Elliot, Palacio, and Pope). I'm on pins and needles waiting for the cutdown results.

DJrmb

Reaction score
I think Fant or Poole make it over Pericak, especially if you're holding onto Webb who has played some guard before.

OP
OP
dutchcoug

dutchcoug

Reaction score
Has Poole showed anything? I could definitely see Fant over Pericak though.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
dutchcoug":22iubv9n said:
Has Poole showed anything? I could definitely see Fant over Pericak though.

Poole has looked much improved, but he's still 3rd in line at RT behind Gilliam and Webb. Pericak offers versatility at all three interior positions.

If I had my pick, I would keep Poole (best performing backup next to Hunt and I think he offers enough versatility to play inside if needed). I would also be tempted to keep both Evans and Webb for their experience; they both looked good in game three. A very young line benefits from being around veterans who have been there before.

Justin Britt
Mark Glowinski
Germain Ifedi
Bradley Sowell
Garry Gilliam
Joey Hunt
Terry Poole
J’Marcus Webb
Jahri Evans
Rees Odhiambo

P-squad: Will Pericak and George Fant

That said, I don't think anyone is safe aside from that Top 6 (Britt, Glowinski, Ifedi, Sowell, Gilliam, and Hunt). A strong argument could be made for keeping Pericak and/or Fant instead of Evans, Webb, Poole, or even Odhiambo.

If the preseason were only a week longer, I wouldn't be surprised to see Poole get some first team reps at RT.

Fade

Reaction score
George Fant isn't making it to the practice squad. John Clayton said he knows of another team that will put a claim in on him if he is cut.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
Fade":3io47afd said:
George Fant isn't making it to the practice squad. John Clayton said he knows of another team that will put a claim in on him if he is cut.

Yeah, but that could be erroneous information (from a division rival, perhaps) that is intended to encourage the Seahawks to carry another OL project on their 53-man roster, ala Sokoli last year. Things are usually leaked to national reporters for a reason.

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
QB
1. Wilson
2. Boykin

RB
3. Rawls
4. Michaels
5. Prosise
6. Pope/Collins
7. Tukuafu

WR
8. Baldwin
9. Lockett
10. Richardson
11. Kearse
12. McEvoy/Lawler

TE
13. Graham
14. Willson
15. Vannett
16. Williams

OL
17. Sowell
18. Glowinski
19. Britt
20. Ifedi
21. Gilliam
22. Hunt
23. Webb
24. Odhiambo
25. Pericak/Fant

DL
26. Bennett
27. Avril
28. Clark
29. Marsh
30. Rubin
31. Reed
32. Hill
33. Jefferson
34. McDaniel

LB
36. Wagner
37. Wright
38. Morgan
39. Coyle
40. Palacio
41. Pierre-Louis/Robinson

DB
42. Sherman
43. Thomas
44. Chancellor
45. Lane
46. Shead
47. Burley
48. MCCray
49. Lambert/Simon
50. Elliott/Powell

K
51. Hauschka

P
52. Ryan

LS
53. Gresham/TBD

I had just a couple of changes to the original poster, who covers this well IMO.

I always remember the thought of upside vs current talent, which is why I'm keeping Fant/Hill/Tharold Simon and Powell.

Lambert/Collins/Elliott and Pierre Louis are interchangeable in my opinion.....Palacio earned a roster spot and I really think Lawler has the ability to take Paul Richardson's snaps, who along with Hill and Simon are luxury items not expected to play more than 12 games a year.

Pope will make this roster as will Fant....book both of them right now....

kearly

Reaction score
It's a fun topic, but honestly after the past few years full of "wtf" cuts I have become conditioned to expect the unexpected on cut-down day. And this year I find myself caring a lot less than usual, because the back end of our roster isn't as loaded as it used to be. Probably the only move that would bother me is Collins over Pope, but even if that happened, it wouldn't bother me as much as when they cut guys like Jaye Howard.

I also find myself rooting for Fant to make it. He's promising enough that he's worth stashing like the team did for Sokoli last year. And in an emergency, he could probably play and not completely kill us if Seattle game planned around getting the ball out quick. But if we lose him, I wouldn't be too bummed either. It's a bit like losing a lottery ticket.

GLio14

Reaction score
I'm a huge Kenny Lawler fan and I have worries that he may get claimed by some other team should he not make the 53. Any chance 6 WR make the team?