Brandin Bryant

Hawks46

Reaction score
I haven't seen enough of him in the pre season to make much of an opinion, but I liked the aquisition due to his measurables and college production.

So last night, Bryant was on kickoff coverage, and punt coverage as a 292 lb DT. That's fairly rare. He also drew a holding penalty on on of the kickoffs. Then, the guy goes from kick off coverage right to the DL and starts playing. Doesn't even come off the field for a breather.

Does this mean the coaches are trying to find a place for him, or are they just screwing around ? Thoughts ?

McGruff

Reaction score
Hawks46":6rkl5mai said:
I haven't seen enough of him in the pre season to make much of an opinion, but I liked the aquisition due to his measurables and college production.

So last night, Bryant was on kickoff coverage, and punt coverage as a 292 lb DT. That's fairly rare. He also drew a holding penalty on on of the kickoffs. Then, the guy goes from kick off coverage right to the DL and starts playing. Doesn't even come off the field for a breather.

Does this mean the coaches are trying to find a place for him, or are they just screwing around ? Thoughts ?

He was pretty quick getting down there too, and I l9ve the thought of a 290 pound man making plays on return coverages.

ARhawk

Reaction score
Does anyone think he makes the final roster? I havent paid much attention this preseason, but i havent heard anything negative about him. With Jordan Hill's injury, that should leave a spot on the roster for Bryant, right?

McGruff

Reaction score
ARhawk":3jed8s26 said:
Does anyone think he makes the final roster? I havent paid much attention this preseason, but i havent heard anything negative about him. With Jordan Hill's injury, that should leave a spot on the roster for Bryant, right?

He wasn't getting a lot of talk in practices, but hasn't made an impression in games.

Hendo66

Reaction score
I watched him all game hoping he would make an impact but it never happened. Looks like JAG.
Should be very safe on the PS.

DJrmb

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":7ef02g47 said:
He definitely has a shot. Keep him over Siliga?
Siliga is on IR already.

McGruff

Reaction score
I think the injuries to Silaga and Hill open the door for Bryant to be a game day inactive roster players.

DT'S are Rubin, Reed, McDaniel and Jefferson. Bennett also plays there and Jefferson also plays DE. Is there room beyond that fora guy like Bryant or Hamilton?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
People showing up on ST usually means the coaching staff are rummaging to find a place to put a player. It often happens before they're cut.

kearly

Reaction score
Bryant was so far behind the rest of the kick coverage unit that it opened a big lane to run through, not really smart with Atkinson returning kicks. Naturally, the kick returner exploited it and nearly housed one, but thankfully for Seattle the special teams of Oakland held Bryant for absolutely no reason. Even for preseason it was pretty nuts having him out there on kick coverage.

Atkinson did house one later on a squib kick of all things, not sure if Bryant was on coverage for that one.

Bryant as a pass rusher has been one of my bigger disappointments this preseason, and I'm wondering if his future might be to bulk up some and take on the Tony McDaniel role in 2017. I'm fine with him making the team or PS as a long term project, just so long as they never put him on kick coverage in a real game.

Latest posts