Lane pulls a Kapernick

Status
Not open for further replies.

baumer64

Reaction score
Apparently Jeremy Lane pulled a Kapernick and sat during the National Anthem in Oakland.
I had really hoped Seahawk players would have stayed off the political stage. Now that he's done this though, I rank him as a hypocritical POS just like Kapernick.

Rob12

Reaction score
I don't know how I feel about this. I really don't. And I consider myself a man that is very happy to be an American. I feel very fortunate here.

But I have no idea what it's like to be a minority in this country. And I don't think it's fair or right to automatically label these individuals a POS.

So I'm sitting this one out. No judgment; that's not my place. These athletes are exercising their rights and using their platform to bring awareness to something that they obviously feel strongly about. And I hope that they understand that there will be consequences, which really aren't all that big in the grand scheme of things.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
This is going to get deleted. We've had three threads on this. They all got deleted. Mods going hard on "no politics," which is tough since lots about the NFL is inherently political.

While this post is here, maybe TC should learn what "hypocrite" means because he's using that word incorrectly.

Sac

Reaction score
This will inevitable turn into a political discussion, so I'm nipping it in the bud now. Want to talk politics? Take it to reddit or some such thing.

Thank you for being valued, and understanding members of this community.

Status
Not open for further replies.