Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/scohenPI/status/769986526780481536[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/769986579775516672[/tweet]

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Sorry ....... Jarran Reed and Nick Vannett are out vs Oakland. Both are questionable for week 1.

Tanner McEvoy is highly questionable vs Oakland.

Pete Carroll has announced that roster cuts will not officially be made public until Tuesday. However, that process has begun.

HawkGA

Reaction score
That hurts Tanner's chances of making the final 53, I would think. I've long figured him for a PS person anyway (not that my opinion means crap since I don't actually watch the games . . . of course, even if I did watch the games my opinion still wouldn't mean crap). The real question for him is probably whether there are any other wide receivers who have shown enough to be worthwhile on the 53.

Bummer about Reed, but I suspect getting him right and having him back for the Rams is more important than having him against the Dolphins.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
^^^ Everyone's thoughts matter.

Everyday is an opportunity to grow and learn about our favorite team.

Go Hawks!

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
HawkGA":28e9awsh said:
That hurts Tanner's chances of making the final 53, I would think. I've long figured him for a PS person anyway (not that my opinion means crap since I don't actually watch the games . . . of course, even if I did watch the games my opinion still wouldn't mean crap). The real question for him is probably whether there are any other wide receivers who have shown enough to be worthwhile on the 53.

Bummer about Reed, but I suspect getting him right and having him back for the Rams is more important than having him against the Dolphins.

Sorry, but I gotta laugh out of this one.....hope you dont mind.

Your opinion, like my opinion, means crap. Finally I am equal with someone. LOL :twisted: :stirthepot:

kearly

Reaction score
Don't rush them back, we'll be fine without them against Miami. The Miami rushing attack is nothing special and Luke Willson can chip for Sowell.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Jville":1hho3xcm said:
^^^ Everyone's thoughts matter.

Everyday is an opportunity to grow and learn about our favorite team.

Go Hawks!

Go :icon_new:!

Laloosh

Reaction score
Jville":1aaa2rlg said:
Sorry ....... Jarran Reed and Nick Vannett are out vs Oakland. Both are questionable for week 1.

Tanner McEvoy is highly questionable vs Oakland.

Pete Carroll has announced that roster cuts will not officially be made public until Tuesday. However, that process has begun.

Thanks!

Bummer though...

Overseasfan

Reaction score
kearly":1czuj06s said:
Don't rush them back, we'll be fine without them against Miami. The Miami rushing attack is nothing special and Luke Willson can chip for Sowell.

Or get Brandon Williams into the line up because he has proven to be just as good of a blocker as Vannett if not better.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
As a housekeeping correction, Vannett was, as I recall, a third round pick.

With Graham and Vannett both working their way back from injury, I expect to see 4 tight ends on the roster going into week one.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":1bkhn6ca said:
Reed was our #2 Pick. Vannett was our #4 Pick. Reed is probably safe for the 53 man roster. Vannett might make the PS.

Can you elaborate on your thinking? The only way Reed misses the 53 is if he is IR'd.

You don't cut a player and try and sign him to the PS if you're reasonably certain he won't get picked up by another team. As with Reed, the only way Vannett misses the 53 is if he is IR'd. He wouldn't make it to the PS.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Basis4day":nlqr74ye said:
Bigpumpkin":nlqr74ye said:
Reed was our #2 Pick. Vannett was our #4 Pick. Reed is probably safe for the 53 man roster. Vannett might make the PS.

Can you elaborate on your thinking? The only way Reed misses the 53 is if he is IR'd.

You don't cut a player and try and sign him to the PS if you're reasonably certain he won't get picked up by another team. As with Reed, the only way Vannett misses the 53 is if he is IR'd. He wouldn't make it to the PS.

Vannett may have been a Round 3 pick....but he was our 4th pick in the Draft. Vannett just hasn't shown me that "it" factor which I think is necessary to be on our Receiving Corps. We'll know by September 4th or 5th exactly who makes the 53 man squad....that is just a week away. We will be saying "Bye, Bye" to several really good players....many of whom will be selected by other NFL teams.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2qj4ovnj said:
Basis4day":2qj4ovnj said:
Bigpumpkin":2qj4ovnj said:

Vannett may have been a Round 3 pick....but he was our 4th pick in the Draft. Vannett just hasn't shown me that "it" factor which I think is necessary to be on our Receiving Corps. We'll know by September 4th or 5th exactly who makes the 53 man squad....that is just a week away. We will be saying "Bye, Bye" to several really good players....many of whom will be selected by other NFL teams.

So only players that jump off the screen have a real chance? Receiving Corp? He's a highly drafted TE on a run first team when you need blocking ability you won't be getting in Graham. And that doesn't answer my initial question about how you see him making the PS. The team would IR him. Not try and get him to the ps.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2n1jnth4 said:

You don't PS a third-round pick in his rookie season when he might not even miss Week 1.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Reed and Vannett are locks for the roster this year.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":4q7yrt02 said:
As I said...we'll find out in a week! :177692:

Even if both are slated to miss week 1, they both are on the 53. I guaranteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it.