Avril Hit on Romo...

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
MRI revealed that hit Avril put on Romo (clean) broke a bone in his back. Out 6-10 weeks. Time to hang it up Romo.

QUILCENE

Reaction score
Yeah—it is time for Romo to hang it up = not going to happen with the money sitting there.

sutz

Reaction score
Wow, didn't look like that bad of a hit. Like you said, legal, not a horse collar or anything.

Yeah, I think Romo needs to hang up the cleats.

Boohman14

Reaction score
It's not April first. That sux for Glass Joe Romo. Yeah his body isn't up to the pounding. Avril's "hit" wasn't much more than getting bumped in the grocery checkout line. Tony needs to look after himself and get into coaching or become a "color analyst"

dogorama

Reaction score
If you go back and really look at the hit it wasn't necessarily the ferocity of the hit but the position he was in. He had started to slide and his legs were a little out in front of him. He got jack-knifed, for lack of a better term. Never want to see anyone get hurt, that doesn't show any class.

randomation

Reaction score
I actually like Tony but dude needs to retire before he ends up not being able to walk.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Aros":2qr0gp8y said:
MRI revealed that hit Avril put on Romo (clean) broke a bone in his back. Out 6-10 weeks. Time to hang it up Romo.

I'm curious, if in terms of severity and recovery, if there is a distinction between a clean break and partial break when it comes to back bones?

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
dogorama":1xcug5qa said:
If you go back and really look at the hit it wasn't necessarily the ferocity of the hit but the position he was in. He had started to slide and his legs were a little out in front of him. He got jack-knifed, for lack of a better term. Never want to see anyone get hurt, that doesn't show any class.
Right, he went into a slide to avoid the LB (it was either KJ or Wagner about to cream him) and he didn't realize that Cliff was closing fast from behind. That was NOT a dirty hit, it was an accidental situation.

I think it was the other LB, probably KJ, who shoved and then jumped damn near over Zeke, that caused Romo to freak out and bail out in the first place and to then try take advantage by moving forward and left up behind it. Zeke got overmatched there, his missed block was in large part responsible for what could turn out to be the last play of Romo's amazing career.

The TD from Zak to Witten would have been an INT by KJ, had Witten not bumped him in the back sending KJ to the ground. Zak won't save Dallas.

dogorama

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":sd3dkzl5 said:
dogorama":sd3dkzl5 said:
Right, he went into a slide to avoid the LB (it was either KJ or Wagner about to cream him) and he didn't realize that Cliff was closing fast from behind. That was NOT a dirty hit, it was an accidental situation.

I think it was the other LB, probably KJ, who shoved and then jumped damn near over Zeke, that caused Romo to freak out and bail out in the first place and to then try take advantage by moving forward and left up behind it. Zeke got overmatched there, his missed block was in large part responsible for what could turn out to be the last play of Romo's amazing career.

Never said it was a dirty hit, who said that? Avril was trying to strip the ball.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
dogorama":l7v1dwdg said:
LeftHandSmoke":l7v1dwdg said:
dogorama":l7v1dwdg said:

Never said it was a dirty hit, who said that? Avril was trying to strip the ball.
Sorry. It's in the media, including USA Today, that have it as a 'brutal hit.'

It the damn Cowboys so everything about the situation will get blown out of proportion. The long-term Zak and Zeke hype, after any short-term fault they can lay at the feet of the Hawks.

'Right' was intended as 'agree.'

kearly

Reaction score
Romo landed awkwardly on his butt on a failed slide and you could tell live that it compressed his lower back. Maybe it's because I've had lower back injuries but it looked real bad in real time to me. I was shocked when they said Romo would have gone back in during a real game.

Avril didn't really cause the injury at all. Romo took a lousy slide, and had a bad back to begin with, most likely.

dogorama

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":1bpqjdnr said:
dogorama":1bpqjdnr said:
LeftHandSmoke":1bpqjdnr said:
dogorama":1bpqjdnr said:

Sorry. It's in the media, including USA Today, that have it as a 'brutal hit.'

It the damn Cowboys so everything about the situation will get blown out of proportion. The long-term Zak and Zeke hype, after any short-term fault they can lay at the feet of the Hawks.

'Right' was intended as 'agree.'

Okay sorry, I just saw the emphatic "NOT a dirty hit." I'm with you. I don't see how anyone could see that as dirty or "brutal", it was just a sad accident.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
kearly":2sypw20w said:
Romo landed awkwardly on his butt on a failed slide and you could tell live that it compressed his lower back. Maybe it's because I've had lower back injuries but it looked real bad in real time to me. I was shocked when they said Romo would have gone back in during a real game.

Avril didn't really cause the injury at all. Romo took a lousy slide, and had a bad back to begin with, most likely.

I looked at it again on youtube....and as I saw it, he landed on his leg/foot. Timing on Avrils hit was perfect to cause the push down to be increased by a small measure.

[youtube]ngmWpW2xrrg[/youtube]

It is less than a minute in this postgame report by dallas announsers....

The hit was Clean.....The break is probably a compound fracture rather than a minor partial fracture. Broken bones heal faster than bruised ones. I know, I had 2 broken ribs one time from full contact racketball. We did not wake up the idiot doc to take xrays so the morning idiot doc did not see anything when we did them 8 hours later. Just wear a pad and go back to work you slacker. I would have hit that capt if I was a little bit angrier and had an attitude like I have now. he he he. :smilingalien:

LymonHawk

Reaction score
kearly":13yzhjee said:

I agree with ya, K. Anyone who's ever landed right on their tailbone knew that's what probably happened. I kinda shuddered when it happened...been there, done that.

rastahawk

Reaction score
As someone who has fractured their tailbone before from a similar fall, it sucks. Took me a whole year to recover before I could play sports again. Of course I didn't have access to the medical care that Romo has but the timeline looks a little optimistic to me.

Atradees

Reaction score
I like the "Dak"

If he comes out and gets them to the playoffs I think that will be a good thing for the Cowboys and their fans.
Lotta dead cap money. It was a foolish contract to offer Romo and everyone knew it. It can be a save though if they have accidentally discovered the new rare breed of QB in spite of Jones and his supposed interest Manziel. Think about it: A good oline, an all world RB, and a guy that can run the read option+ scramble...He doesnt need to complete a ton of passes....just keep Dez and Witten happy. A prescription for success.