Updated Seattle Times 53-Man Roster

RobDaHawk

Reaction score
This list is pretty much how I see it. Having the 4 TE''s makes sense because of the health issues there for now as mentioned. Cutting Lewis in place of Hunt........I'm not sure I like that one. I really hope we bring back Gresham. Overall pretty good list though.

penihawk

Reaction score
Seems pretty spot on with the only questions being with the WR & DB groups.

I see McEvoy being too good of a "football player" to leave off the roster and nobody after the first 4 have shown more as a receiver than him besides Goodley maybe who doesn't bring Tanner's versatility. Hoping Lawler gets in the weight room on the practice squad. It's too bad the UW kids were hurt and not in the competition.

My only question in the secondary is what they do with BB? Hybrid,backup safety or cut? Simon has been less than stellar in games but I think he makes it over Smith based on experience.

McGruff

Reaction score
I can't see it becuase I've exhausted my free articles.

Does it have Fant or McEvoy on it?

McGruff

Reaction score
Was able to access the article. A couple of contrarily arguments.

They have Fant being cut and Evans being kept. I think they cut Evans and keep Fant for two reasons. First, they are short of true tackles and have a plethora of guards. Second, the upside and growth of Fant is too tempting to risk.

They have Silaga over Bryant. I think they keep Bryant and his upside over an average run stuffer with no future.

They have Tye Smith being cut. I think Smith makes the team at the expense of either Simon or Browner.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I don't even bother with the Seattle Times anymore. They're a lot like the NY Times.

I'm sure there are some people out there that will pay for just another article on the internet, but it's a bad business model. They offer nothing that others don't and they're missing out on advertising because of their name value. I wouldn't be surprised of Schultz owns them....penny pinching nazi.

OP
OP
dogorama

dogorama

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2zdcmcg0 said:
I don't even bother with the Seattle Times anymore. They're a lot like the NY Times.

I'm sure there are some people out there that will pay for just another article on the internet, but it's a bad business model. They offer nothing that others don't and they're missing out on advertising because of their name value. I wouldn't be surprised of Schultz owns them....penny pinching nazi.

The problem is they have far and away the most articles on the Seahawks, but I totally get what you're saying, unfortunately I'm just laying here rehabbing so I don't have anything better to do. Besides, it's just a projection and they aren't far off. It's a good point to start arguments for and against.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
dogorama":sxb9dygx said:
vin.couve12":sxb9dygx said:

The problem is they have far and away the most articles on the Seahawks, but I totally get what you're saying, unfortunately I'm just laying here rehabbing so I don't have anything better to do. Besides, it's just a projection and they aren't far off. It's a good point to start arguments for and against.

I do agree with he point that it's a good point to start this, but as far as articles on the Hawks, they're a lesser and almost irrelevant source compared to something like FieldGulls or something.

But I guess that's just still my opinion though.

OP
OP
dogorama

dogorama

Reaction score
McGruff":25u1visu said:
Was able to access the article. A couple of contrarily arguments.

They have Fant being cut and Evans being kept. I think they cut Evans and keep Fant for two reasons. First, they are short of true tackles and have a plethora of guards. Second, the upside and growth of Fant is too tempting to risk.

They have Silaga over Bryant. I think they keep Bryant and his upside over an average run stuffer with no future.

They have Tye Smith being cut. I think Smith makes the team at the expense of either Simon or Browner.

I could easily see them cutting Fant but I don't get keeping Silaga over Bryant or even Ryan Robinson.

I have said before that I don't want to see Tye Smith cut, he will not clear waivers.

McGruff

Reaction score
Good call on Robinson as well. Hes a guy the coaches and teammates were really talking up last year before he was injured.

For those who are curoious, reach the game and look for 44. Got some snaps early with the ones and throughout, and he pops a lot.

chris98251

Reaction score
Tacoma New Tribune has better stuff then the times, besides the Times supports not having the Sonics anyway.

chris98251

Reaction score
dogorama":14z6gou2 said:
chris98251":14z6gou2 said:
Tacoma New Tribune has better stuff then the times, besides the Times supports not having the Sonics anyway.

I actually didn't know that about the Sonics, not cool.

They were backing the Mariners and the Port to not allow the Arena to be built.

OP
OP
dogorama

dogorama

Reaction score
chris98251":3eybzfke said:
dogorama":3eybzfke said:
chris98251":3eybzfke said:

I actually didn't know that about the Sonics, not cool.
They were backing the Mariners and the Port to not allow the Arena to be built.

It's a completely different thread in a different forum but the whole way that has transpired is nothing short of bizarre. Citizens don't want to fund arena so billionaire says I'll buy, Port says it will stifle traffic flow, billionaire promises no games in business hrs, finally we have the votes and women on council pressure lone woman supporting and voila! game over.

All you can do is shake your head.