Pretty good Pete interview

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks for that link, it's a good read. Pete needs to write another book.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Most interesting thing is Pete spoke to the guy who if memory serves reported PC and JS were not getting on in 2011. It caused a bit of fuss at the time. Perhaps there was something in it after all.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Thank you Sis. Great reading. Liked this part the most. Ya cant talk from the side of your mouth and be honest...

"PC: I learned a tremendous amount about what was important to me as a head coach in that I was not in charge. I didn’t have final say about what was going on, and I was always having to represent other people’s views, and it was very difficult to be real, to be authentic, to be true because there were a number of people who had say about what was going on.

I realized there that if I ever got another chance, I was not going to do it that way. I wouldn’t be a head coach in that situation. I would rather not be a head coach. I can’t function that way. And the next job was USC. I was in charge of everything. It made all the difference in the world. So I learned an extraordinary lesson, and I think it really was the key to the success of the program, both there and here."

There is another part about when it is time to consider hanging it up. Sounds like what the kids I have to deal with are trying to do to me. Not with me, to me.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
A good overview of Pete's approach, but I don't think there's anything new except the Bud Grant story is pretty funny.