I have no DVR, I'm blitzed on Ambien, How'd Q Jefferson do?

rjdriver

Reaction score
I ve been scouring the site looking and scouring the .net looking for specific info on Quenton Jefferons's play (which is hard to do when the keyboard is changing colors and moving, but I digress). He's one of my favorite dudes since I saw his humble porch greeting with his fam when he became a hawk. Please tell me he held his own. Any observations ? He's my boy. I really want him to make the 53

Another observation,.....Mizzouhawk needs to bring back the pretty braided dark hair in the car profile pic, it was hot.

Going to bed. Go Hawks.

kearly

Reaction score
Jefferson got instant pressure on Alex Smith on one play when he was part of the 1st team defense. Might have gotten a sack if not for Smith being fleet of foot.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
kearly":y6hrlxcm said:
Jefferson got instant pressure on Alex Smith on one play when he was part of the 1st team defense. Might have gotten a sack if not for Smith being fleet of foot.

I think that was on the bobbled snap by Smith. Jefferson was lined up at the three technique, gave a hard rip move, and then forced to the guard to release him or risk a holding call. Jefferson then chased Smith, who rolled out of the pocket and threw the ball away.

McGruff

Reaction score
hawknation2016":188vj6ai said:
kearly":188vj6ai said:

I think that was on the bobbled snap by Smith. Jefferson was lined up at the three technique, gave a hard rip move, and then forced to the guard to release him or risk a holding call. Jefferson then chased Smith, who rolled out of the pocket and threw the ball away.

That was the one. Next play had a nice spin that went nowhere, but showed agility and a variety of moves.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
There was a play on KC's 2nd drive where Jefferson and Bryant both collapsed the pocket and forced a rushed throw, though neither could disengage. I think both rookies need to learn how to disengage from their blockers. They have some of the physical tools and should be studying Aaron Donald, Jurrell Casey, Gerald McCoy, Kawann Short, etc. It's a difficult skill to acquire that takes time to learn.

Justin Hamilton (#74) actually did the best job at disengaging and creating pressure out of all the interior linemen, but that was not against KC's first team offensive line.

Hopefully Jordan Hill returns from injury and gets some opportunities to show his improved play. He has good handwork that he uses to disengage.

ivotuk

Reaction score
rjdriver":1fjul575 said:
I ve been scouring the site looking and scouring the .net looking for specific info on Quenton Jefferons's play (which is hard to do when the keyboard is changing colors and moving, but I digress). He's one of my favorite dudes since I saw his humble porch greeting with his fam when he became a hawk. Please tell me he held his own. Any observations ? He's my boy. I really want him to make the 53

Another observation,.....Mizzouhawk needs to bring back the pretty braided dark hair in the car profile pic, it was hot.

Going to bed. Go Hawks.

I concur.

xgeoff

Reaction score
kearly":jds3hxq7 said:

Exactly, I'm watching the game trying to see if we can get any pressure on the QB and Smith rolls to his left. All of a sudden a Seahawk closes on him, fast! I look to see who it is and I see the name 'Jefferson' on the back of his jersey. I'm like 'Jefferson, Jefferson? Who is that?'. Of course It was Quinton Jefferson.

I tried to find his 40 time, but he didn't run at his pro day because of a knee injury. Looked really fast on the field, though!