To the Poster who wanted Sowell

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Kudos. You really nailed that bargain FA pick. I don't recall who it was or else I'd give a shout out.

Jville

Reaction score
Guess I should have placed the following post in this thread .......
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Bradley60Sowell/status/764631281850351616[/tweet]

13651660_1770771079858808_694832167_n.jpg

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
If that starting lineup continues to play that well, and improve from here, I would be fine with seeing them start the real season.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
So who was originally supposed to start at RT? Last I knew the starting line was looking like Gilliam, Mad dog, Britt, Ifedi, ? I know it wasn't Sowell. But Sowell seriously looked good at LT? I missed most of the game. I don't know why, but the Sowell signing intrigued me from the beginning too. How did Fant, Hunt, and Poole look during their field time?

Pie Romania

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":33e3b5jr said:
So who was originally supposed to start at RT? Last I knew the starting line was looking like Gilliam, Mad dog, Britt, Ifedi, ? I know it wasn't Sowell. But Sowell seriously looked good at LT? I missed most of the game. I don't know why, but the Sowell signing intrigued me from the beginning too. How did Fant, Hunt, and Poole look during their field time?

J'Marcus Webb. Think he has some sort of minor injury, but has also looked inconsistent in TC from what I have read recently.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":3tf33w6o said:
The plan has been L-R: Gilliam-Glowinski-Britt-Ifedi-Webb. However, Webb injured his knee early in the week and didn't practice, so they slid Gilliam back to RT, as he played it last year, and put Sowell in at LT. They looked good overall.

mort

Reaction score
Dare I say the o-line looked pretty legit today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

razor150

Reaction score
Throwdown":1ka6o2l8 said:
Were any of our QBs touched? Like sacked today?

Boykin was saked a couple of time, don't remember if Heap was. I only saw 2nd half, though from the stats Wilson wasn't either. There were a few hits, but overall the line looked good. Evans looked rusty at times.

I'd like to know how Britt looked at center. Considering the dudes size, potential, and strength I'd really like the light to turn on for him somewhere.

kearly

Reaction score
Sowell did play well, but then again he was facing off against... Frank Zombo. Context is everything.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
razor150":3bl2ninp said:
Throwdown":3bl2ninp said:
Were any of our QBs touched? Like sacked today?

Boykin was saked a couple of time, don't remember if Heap was. I only saw 2nd half, though from the stats Wilson wasn't either. There were a few hits, but overall the line looked good. Evans looked rusty at times.

I'd like to know how Britt looked at center. Considering the dudes size, potential, and strength I'd really like the light to turn on for him somewhere.
Britt was actually decent. NFL average. We actually had a semblance of af pocket versus a top level pass rush..... scary.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
NFL average is pretty good for a first ever start at the position right? I mean it's better than I expected. Did Hunt ever get in the game? I'd love to read a comparison.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3fg7yse4 said:
NFL average is pretty good for a first ever start at the position right? I mean it's better than I expected. Did Hunt ever get in the game? I'd love to read a comparison.

Hunt had the only bad snap of the game. I was very surprised that Britt actually looked better overall than Hunt did and even more surprised that the only bad snap of the game came from Hunt and not Britt.

Overall I came away very impressed with Britt's performance today. Looked like he had been doing it for years. Comfortable with good communications and excellent velocity and accuracy on every snap. Not once did he look overwhelmed or like he was trying to figure anything out.

I was as nervous as anyone about moving Britt to the front of the depth chart at center. Especially when the early reports were not good about his snapping the ball. I was hopeful that his time working on this line even though at different positions, helped him to at least learn the line calls and protections but was very worried about him being able to execute those things while learning the other nuances of the position and I am one that believes the center position is the most important of all O-line spots.

I came away from this game feeling much more confident in his ability to play the position and after Hunt's bad snap that feeling grew a chunk that Cable actually might know what he is doing.

Hopefully we are seeing a line that finally can be close to NFL average or possibly even better though I'm not getting my hopes up to high just yet.

It's a scary thought of how good this offense could be with all the weapons we have now and the consensus worst part of our team actually playing at a decent level.

Our receiver group looks like possibly the best we have ever had. The RB group as a whole looks very promising and as a group could potentially be in that same conversation of best group ever. Our TE situation also looks possibly like the best group of TE's we have ever assembled. Wilson is probably the best QB we have ever had and is poised for his 5th year break out. If this O-line can be even decent this offense is going to give opposing DC's migraines trying to game plan for it.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
RichNhansom":jmlf6xyd said:
brimsalabim":jmlf6xyd said:

Hunt had the only bad snap of the game. I was very surprised that Britt actually looked better overall than Hunt did and even more surprised that the only bad snap of the game came from Hunt and not Britt.

Overall I came away very impressed with Britt's performance today. Looked like he had been doing it for years. Comfortable with good communications and excellent velocity and accuracy on every snap. Not once did he look overwhelmed or like he was trying to figure anything out.

I was as nervous as anyone about moving Britt to the front of the depth chart at center. Especially when the early reports were not good about his snapping the ball. I was hopeful that his time working on this line even though at different positions, helped him to at least learn the line calls and protections but was very worried about him being able to execute those things while learning the other nuances of the position and I am one that believes the center position is the most important of all O-line spots.

I came away from this game feeling much more confident in his ability to play the position and after Hunt's bad snap that feeling grew a chunk that Cable actually might know what he is doing.

Hopefully we are seeing a line that finally can be close to NFL average or possibly even better though I'm not getting my hopes up to high just yet.

It's a scary thought of how good this offense could be with all the weapons we have now and the consensus worst part of our team actually playing at a decent level.

Our receiver group looks like possibly the best we have ever had. The RB group as a whole looks very promising and as a group could potentially be in that same conversation of best group ever. Our TE situation also looks possibly like the best group of TE's we have ever assembled. Wilson is probably the best QB we have ever had and is poised for his 5th year break out. If this O-line can be even decent this offense is going to give opposing DC's migraines trying to game plan for it.

Not being a smart-ass or anything, but I don't think there is any "maybe" about wilson being the best QB we have had. I love hassleback, he is one of my favorites ever. But wilson is the best QB we have had.

It blew my mind when I read that wilson is the highest rated QB since he joined the league in 2012. That's why all this debate on wilson not being an elite QB infuriates me. Really, the only category he isn't at the top or near the top of is passing yds. But when you factor in his rushing, his overall yds are at or near the top. Td to int ratio near the top. Total tds near the top, and accuracy is at the top. Highest competing percentage of any QB since entering the league. Top of the wins category too. I think when all is said and done, barring a nasty injury, russell wilson Wil be top three QB of all time. I predict he will retire as the most accurate QB in history, meaning highest cometion rate. He may be the first QB to retire with above 70 percent cometion percentage for a career. He is at 64.2% right now. It would be very difficult, but he could do it. Have a bunch of years at 68 like last year, and a couple of 70 plus and h could get there. I know this is kinda off topic, but man we are lucky to have this guy. It is a great time to be a seahawks fan.

And to the poster who wanted sowell, great call. Great research, I hope you got your chin up high with this one. If he can play this well, consistently, he may change the entire course of this year. I see a potential with this line I haven't seen in a decade. Love it.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
At best, I think the starting OT's grade should be incomplete.

The interior guys were tested more, playing against quality NFL players. But there really isn't anything to glean from this game as far as the tackles are concerned. The only test we're likely to see is this Thursday in that regard. Dallas is garbage on the edge and Oakland will be resting a lot.

We really won't get a good sense of where the OTs are at until the first real game.