Rookie Collins Stars in Seahawks Scrimmage

Jville

Reaction score
iu

The interior of the first-team line was consistent for most of the day, with left guard Mark Glowinski and right guard Germain Ifedi playing all of the first-team snaps, and center Justin Britt playing with the starters for all but one series. Afterward, Carroll said the line was ahead of where he thought they would be at this time, particularly inside.

"I really like what they've done," Carroll said. "(Glowinski and Ifedi's) combination with Britt, it's been an impressive camp so far. I'm surprised that they're together. They're communicating really well. Justin did a great job in the offseason. He and Glow worked out that whole time, so they seem to be on the same page. Germain ... he's a fantastic prospect. So we have really high hopes."

ACFan

Reaction score
thanks dogorama!

that's my guy!

iu

His day wasn’t done. Not by a long shot. He ran into the end zone twice and then spent nearly an hour signing autographs for fans after practice. He was the last player to leave the field, showing off a pair of ink-stained hands as proof of working overtime.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Thanks for posting these links.

Jville beat me to it, but that quote about the interior OL was my favorite. It's good to hear that Britt and Glow have been working together. It goes counter to the .Net theme of Britt being a lazy slob with literally no redeeming qualities, and he's mean to small animals and children.

Sounds like there were too many injuries to really glean too much from this, but overall it seems pretty good. Our WR depth is freaking insane. They have some kid catching bombs from Wilson and running a 4.38 that we've never even heard of.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I've been as critical of Britt as anyone and he still scares me to death but on paper he could be a monster at center and if he turns it around and becomes a great center I will be as happy as any fan. Seems like a risk that isn't needed but maybe the upside is high enough to warrant it. I just want a middle of the pack line....

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
austinslater25":33u0ya1j said:
I've been as critical of Britt as anyone and he still scares me to death but on paper he could be a monster at center and if he turns it around and becomes a great center I will be as happy as any fan. Seems like a risk that isn't needed but maybe the upside is high enough to warrant it. I just want a middle of the pack line....

Agree with 'Seems like a risk that isn't needed' since how is that guy supposed to be better at a more complicated position than he's been anywhere else? Smacks of more OL desperation to me, that or just keeping PL healthy for the mean time.

But like with Britt, despite the sunny optimism (o, some bigs rookie tried to start a fight? o wow..) the entire OL is still before the Jury. We should know by game 3 how they really look.

I'm still gonna go for now with Jahri being the most likely Rock this season.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":2p158spr said:
austinslater25":2p158spr said:

Agree with 'Seems like a risk that isn't needed' since how is that guy supposed to be better at a more complicated position than he's been anywhere else? Smacks of more OL desperation to me, that or just keeping PL healthy for the mean time.

But like with Britt, despite the sunny optimism (o, some bigs rookie tried to start a fight? o wow..) the entire OL is still before the Jury. We should know by game 3 how they really look.

I'm still gonna go for now with Jahri being the most likely Rock this season.

I dont know the answer to your question. But I do know that the Center is usually the smallest of the lineman. Alot of times having a big brain can make up for lack of physical size. hopefully Britt will work otu there.....

OP
OP
dogorama

dogorama

Reaction score
ivotuk":1tnz48qk said:

Thanks Ivo, the thing that stood out to me is the play of Eric Pinkins, this is a converted DB who has bulked up to 230 lbs and runs a 4.4 40! That is crazy fast for a LB and he is not afraid to hit hard either. Really looking forward to how he develops this preseason.

JPRoland

Reaction score
Alex Collins continues to impress. I don't know why they keep mentioning fumbles because you can ask any Arkansas Razorback fan who has watched him for the past three years and the fumbles are not memorable. Maybe it's because the fumbles weren't at critical moments or they were when the game was put a way. It was not an issue. What is memorable is that he gained over 1,000 yards in the SEC for each of his three seasons. Only three have done that in their first three years in the SEC: Herschel Walker, Darren McFadden, Alex Collins. And, Alex did it two of those years having to share the backfield equally with Jonathan Williams (Buffalo Bills). It's becoming obvious that he should have gone higher than the fifth round. Alex Collins will make this team.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
dogorama":2xosgzn5 said:
ivotuk":2xosgzn5 said:

Thanks Ivo, the thing that stood out to me is the play of Eric Pinkins, this is a converted DB who has bulked up to 230 lbs and runs a 4.4 40! That is crazy fast for a LB and he is not afraid to hit hard either. Really looking forward to how he develops this preseason.

Yup! Seems like LBer is a much-more-natural fit for him. Sounds like he's putting in the work to apply himself as well.