Haven't heard much about Rees Odhiambo?

rjdriver

Reaction score
Seems like I haven't seen (or possibly overlooked) many threads on Rees. With all the talk about the center position and Ifedi, I was wondering if anyone who has been to TC has some initial impressions on him. Also, what's the general consensus on where you think he'll end up and how much he will play? I know pre-season will answer these questions with greater detail, but was hungry for some early perspective.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Totally forgot about this guy -- which is hard to do if someone's a third-round pick. No mention of him in the media or by any of the coaches in a while that I've seen. Did he go on a challenging hiking trip with Tre Mason and forget to bring his compass?

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Talk has been dominated by the early top 5.

From what little I've heard though, he figures prominently and should be the 6th or 7th OL player in the top 9. I've also seen hints that they may move him around a bit with a possible move to OT because they feel he's stuck behind Glowinski at LG and want to elevate Rees' opportunities.

If I had to guess this early, it looks like he'll take Sokoli's roster spot this year. I expect he'll be groomed this year and be inserted in 2017 in the starting five somewhere on the line. I would not be shocked if the plan is he elevates to LG, Glow back to RG and Ifedi to RT in 2017. With an early draft choice on our 'forever OC'. This upcoming draft has a lot of really alpha prospects. Even more than 2016's draft. And with a deeper expected class those guys should drop into our laps.

If the breaks happen a certain way, it has the very real feel of a nascent top 10 OL group. Seems the pieces on the talent treadmill are in place.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":1ukxjywg said:
Talk has been dominated by the early top 5.

From what little I've heard though, he figures prominently and should be the 6th or 7th OL player in the top 9. I've also seen hints that they may move him around a bit with a possible move to OT because they feel he's stuck behind Glowinski at LG and want to elevate Rees' opportunities.

If I had to guess this early, it looks like he'll take Sokoli's roster spot this year. I expect he'll be groomed this year and be inserted in 2017 in the starting five somewhere on the line. I would not be shocked if the plan is he elevates to LG, Glow back to RG and Ifedi to RT in 2017. With an early draft choice on our 'forever OC'. This upcoming draft has a lot of really alpha prospects. Even more than 2016's draft. And with a deeper expected class those guys should drop into our laps.

If the breaks happen a certain way, it has the very real feel of a nascent top 10 OL group. Seems the pieces on the talent treadmill are in place.

Excellent prognosis. I thought I heard talk in different 710 interviews that they might look at RG for him in the future, and back up RT. His relatively short arms will limit his positions.

"OVERVIEW
The native of Kenya has been impressive over the past three years when healthy, displaying pro-caliber footwork and a solid anchor in pass protection while earning All-Conference honors the past two years ...However, Odhiambo has not been able to start more than nine games in any season due to injuries (he broke his ankle in this season’s ninth game). ...Odhiambo has starter-quality skills.

PRO DAY RESULTS: Vertical: 27" Broad jump: 7' 9" Short shuttle: 4.64 seconds 3-cone: 8.02 seconds"

"STRENGTHS Played tackle in college but will be considered at both tackle and guard and carries some two­-position value."

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/ ... id=2555142

McGruff

Reaction score
I recall someone saying on the radio that he looked very good, and that he will figure into the top 5 sooner rather than later. From what I recall they are looking at him as a potential long term Right Tackle.

OP
OP
rjdriver

rjdriver

Reaction score
McGruff":doscajkq said:
I recall someone saying on the radio that he looked very good, and that he will figure into the top 5 sooner rather than later. From what I recall they are looking at him as a potential long term Right Tackle.

I hope so. All the silence was worrying me a bit. Thanks for your input guys!