Britt vs. Lewis: Practice Reps

oasis

Reaction score
I'm just curious if anyone knows the ratio of practice reps that have been given to Britt and Lewis over the course of training camp and the immediate projection of practice reps going forward.

I'm not really keen on these specifics in general and am curious if people would agree or disagree with the way they are now when considering factors such as
1. The importance of continuity in practice
2. The concern that the person with more practice reps ends up losing the job and therefore removes potentially useful reps from the player that ends up winning the job, etc.

I am getting the impression that Britt may be getting more reps than he should be, but it's really just an inkling, all things considered.

kearly

Reaction score
Lewis for all his faults is fairly well coached up at the position. Britt is green, so it makes sense that Britt would get more work there. Especially at this time of year.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Also good for guys to get reps working together, for continuity.

It seems like every year, they keep Lewis on the back burner. I think this is because they know he has a low ceiling, but high floor. They know where he's at, and can come in and produce at a certain level.

The problem is, he's not physically talented enough to compete with some of the brutes in our own division. Also the DT's from Carolina ate him up and that's honestly a rivalry in the making.

kf3339

Reaction score
Hawks46":1nmm4tbm said:
Also good for guys to get reps working together, for continuity.

It seems like every year, they keep Lewis on the back burner. I think this is because they know he has a low ceiling, but high floor. They know where he's at, and can come in and produce at a certain level.

The problem is, he's not physically talented enough to compete with some of the brutes in our own division. Also the DT's from Carolina ate him up and that's honestly a rivalry in the making.

Carolina also ate up Britt, so what does that say about his physical talent? To me center is the one position that you can be a little less talented as long as you have the mental ability to perform the other responsibilities of being a center. If Lewis had a quality set of guards he may have looked a lot better. To me that makes him our best starting center option right now unless Hunt can beat him out. I think Britt will be gone from the starting line by the third preseason game and be a multiple position backup.

titan3131

Reaction score
There are multiple points that support Britt being a center.

1. He rarely will have to solo block. Most of his blocks will be combo blocks unlike his time @ guard / tackle.
2. He is making the line calls so he knows the "plan" leaving less chance for errors.
3. HE is a very athletic specimen.

worst case scenario he wont be the Whipping boy of the oline and just be mediocre. Best case all pro reclamation >_>

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Based on interviews and comments from Tom Cable the last couple of days, Britt is getting ALL reps with the 1st team. My guess is things stay that way thru the second pre-season game at least.