Training Camp Day 3

Vetamur

Reaction score
No pics..I didnt download Tapatalk and didnt have lots of battery power in my phone to take photos.

Left my notes in the car and am too lazy to go get them but will give some impressions.

Todays focus was on special teams for the installation phase of the day (first half of practice is usually drills and play installation/practice). Not really a lot to take away from that.

Thomas Rawls was there, first time Ive seen him in attendance. He seemed in good spirits.

Prosise was on the field in uniform but didnt practice. He is expected to miss 7 to 10 days after also missing OTAs. Gotta believe hes falling behind.

Michael Bennett was again pumped UP. He jumped into the crowd at the start of the day then did a lap of giving high fives to those down by the fence.

Second half of the day is scrimmages and 7 on 7 drills etc.

Foxx didnt make a spectacular play today but he was solid and he stole a near interception away from a DB, grabbed it and gained more yards. Hes the underdog Im pulling for most.

Kasen Williams, Kevin Smith, and Kearse had good days, as well as Baldwin. On the whole the WRs had more opportunities to shine. No one really looked out of place or outclassed except #6 McEvoy, the safety convert. He looked lost, lost a fumble, and needed a lot of one on one help.

Shead was back at starting RCB, after Lane played there yesterday. Lane played mostly as the nickel back.

The QBs had better days, but many completions were on plays that would have been dead if there was live contact. During one short sequence there were 2 INTs, 1 fumble, and maybe 3 false starts. Awful.

Today they practiced in shells and you could get a bit more out of watching the RBs. Christine Michael is a new man. Catches the ball, holds on to the ball, is both quick and fast. Collins is the closest to a Lynch clone, including his stance in the backfield. Brooks looked quick. Like with the receivers, no one really looked bad..so its going to be a matter of choosing the strengths not cutting the fat.

Cassius Marsh looks real awkward in coverage. Doubt we see too much more of that, especially with Clemons retiring. He will probably go back to just rushing, but from different places.

Shields and Williams, at TE, look good and get lots of passes. I get the sense the staff think highly of them. That position may have more competition than anticipated.

THe depth really shows up.. a lot of Seattle cuts will be on practice squads and rosters elsewhere...

Kelcie McCray is really good. He isnt the enforcer Kam is, but he is real good.

Jordan Hill hasnt seemed to recapture what he had when he had a great second half of the season in 2014.

I still think its going to take until the preseason to see the difference between Boykin and Heaps..but Boykin is clearly treated as the #2, and Heaps is treated like a JUGGS machine at times.

Thats all I have for today. Tomorrow may be cancelled so this may be my last report.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
What I'm getting from this TC so far is that the receiver and RB groups are both deep as hell, which will cause some great competition. At receiver it's pretty clear cut for the most part. Baldwin, Lockett and Kearse are locks. I feel like PRich and Kasen are currently viewed as the #4 and #5 respectively. Battle for the sixth spot will then come down to Smith, Foxx and Lawler. Any of those three would be great but I expect Smith to win out as he has the most to offer on ST.

RB is a true toss up right now. Rawls is the man but how will he look when he gets back on the field? Meanwhile CMike and Collins are blowing the roof off. Same is going on with the satelite back. Prosise was a shoe in to make it but he has a lot of injury troubles and Brooks is stepping up in the mean time. I really can't predict how this one will turn out.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Not cancelled. It's a day off. Coach Richard praised Marsh's coverage skills in particular...said he was really smooth, so the characterization of 'awkward' is at odds with that.

Sent from my SC-02H using Tapatalk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Thank you for your write up vetamur. Appreciate it, very informative reads.

Hopefully the offense can clean up their act by the Chiefs pre season game

HawkGA

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":2tcedbis said:
Not cancelled. It's a day off. Coach Richard praised Marsh's coverage skills in particular...said he was really smooth, so the characterization of 'awkward' is at odds with that.

Sent from my SC-02H using Tapatalk

That's right. I was thinking they were doing g 4 days of practice and then day off but perhaps Friday counted at one of the days.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
According to this, Tuesday is still a work day. So Wed is a day off.

http://trainingcamp.seahawks.com/

1 July 30 Saturday 10 a.m. $8 Transportation Fee Redeem Code
2 July 31 Sunday 10 a.m. $8 Transportation Fee Redeem Code
3 August 1 Monday 10 a.m. $8 Transportation Fee Redeem Code
4 August 2 Tuesday 10 a.m. $8 Transportation Fee Redeem Code
5 August 4 Thursday 10 a.m. $8 Transportation Fee Redeem Code
6 August 5 Friday 10 a.m. $8 Transportation Fee Redeem Code
7 August 6 Saturday 10 a.m. $8 Transportation Fee Redeem Code
8 August 7 Sunday 1 p.m. $8 Transportation Fee Sold Out
9 August 9 Tuesday 10 a.m. $8 Transportation Fee Sold Out
10 August 10 Wednesday 10 a.m. $8 Transportation Fee Sold Out
11 August 11 Thursday 10 a.m. $8 Transportation Fee Sold Out
12 August 15 Monday 11 a.m. $8 Transportation Fee Sold Out
13 August 16 Tuesday 10 a.m. $8 Transportation Fee Sold Out

uh....Go Hawks.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Threat of lightning...

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=126635

and more from DotCom...

Seattle Seahawks

@Seahawks

WEATHER UPDATE: Due to inclement weather & safety concerns, today’s Training Camp practice has been cancelled.

Willyeye

Reaction score
I heard something about there would be practice today, but it's cancelled for public viewing because of thunderstorms. Not from an official source though.

OP
OP
V

Vetamur

Reaction score
Practice today is moved indoors because of electric storms.

Perhaps Marsh was better on plays I was watching something else, obviously the coach would know best..but the coach might have ulterior motives. I saw Marsh on just 5 drop backs. And there was nothing smooth about them. He is miles behind, in that aspect, Morgan. That said, as I wrote on Day 2, it looks like they want to use Marsh as a poor mans Clay Matthews. Long term, we will have to see where they decide his greatest value is.

As far as WRs.. agreed that Baldwin, Kearse and Lockett are the locks.

Of the remaining:

P. RIchardson
K. Williams
K. Smith
Lawler
Foxx
Goodley
McEvoy..

Its hard to say who stays. I agree RIchardson and Williams probably have the inside track but probably not so much of a lead that being outperformed in game situations wouldnt matter. This could be real interesting all the way to the end of preseason.

nategreat

Reaction score
I would say that Richardson is a lock as well... depending on if we keep 5 or 6 WR on the roster, that means everyone else will be fighting for 1 or 2 spots. I'm kind of pulling for Lawler myself, and Kasen Williams- but we'll see what happens.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Not surprising McEvoy is behind all other WR's since he is so green there, he has some time.

I am no coach, but he seems a no brainer at Safety.

Rob12

Reaction score
Paul Richardson is a lock in my mind. There's no way in hell that this organization doesn't give him a third year to prove himself. He kind of reminds me of Walter Thurmond, another guy who had loads of potential but was always hurt. The talent was never the question with him, and when he was able to stay on the field, it paid off.

Richardson was a second round pick, after all. And we all know the talent is there. If he has an injury free training camp and preseason, he is an absolute lock. Especially considering all the time he spent with No. 3 this offseason. Coupled with Lockett, a healthy (I know, I know) Richardson will be deadly in this offense.

I think Kasen will make the roster, and if Lawler or Foxx forces their hand, they will keep six receivers. I don't think they want to, especially considering that Rawls, Michael, Prosise, Collins, and Brandon Williams will make the team. I think they would pass on keeping a FB over cutting Lawler/Foxx/Williams.

The preseason will tell a lot, but damn these guys are going to have some insanely tough decisions on their part. We're going to lose a handful of good young players to other teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris98251

Reaction score
Prosise and Brooks are like having two more WR's on the team that can play RB, remember flexibility is the key and multiple positions with this staff. Anyone that is one dimensional isn't going to make this team, they better be able to play special teams and have another asset or they will be cut.