Seahawks and Doug Baldwin working on extension

Jiggy

Reaction score
Hopefully it's somewhere in the 5 year timeframe where the first two or three years is around 9.5 mill.

That isn't top 10 money but it puts him in very respectful company.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Jiggy":10feux07 said:
Hopefully it's somewhere in the 5 year timeframe where the first two or three years is around 9.5 mill.

That isn't top 10 money but it puts him in very respectful company.
That sounds awesome to me. I hope it sounds awesome to Doug. :2thumbs:

Also, I'd bet the team is looking at a 3-year extension, maybe 4. Doug turns 28 in a few months and while he's been super reliable and durable, time catches up with us all. I'd feel fine having him locked up til age 31, 32. If he proves to have Steve Smith staying power, he'll get another decent deal at that time. From the Hawks or another.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
4 year 40 mil extension would be nice. Maybe 20 mil guaranteed, set up so after 3 more years we could cut him if needed.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Largent80":v7403p4j said:
Extensions feel good for all parties involved.
Must be Friday. Too funny Rob.

In all seriousness, this does not come as a surprise at all. it will happen. Doug has become a key member of this team.

chris98251

Reaction score
Till next off season when people say that we need to cut Doug he makes to much so we can sign their preferred player :)

MysterMatt

Reaction score
This is an extension that should last well over 4 hours.

Sent from my iPhone, which is way better than Roland's Nokia.

Largent80

Reaction score
MysterMatt":3gm7551f said:
This is an extension that should last well over 4 hours.

It's like the kind of extension that is needed to last longer than a vacation.

Basically a big extension will point him right toward a happy life.

jblaze

Reaction score
My prediction:

4 yr / 42mil / 10.5mil avg / 18m gteed

ADB will be 33 when the contract ends, however, he plays 2 years of the extension or 3 more years with Seattle.

kearly

Reaction score
Seems weird that the Seahawks FO would intentionally wait this long to start talking, which allowed players like Allen Hurns to set a high bar in negotiations. Maybe I'm wrong but I'm guessing Baldwin would have jumped at $10m APY back in March, yet post-Hurns that $10m number almost feels like an insult for a far superior WR like Baldwin.

Basically, the longer you wait to make a deal, the more it benefits the player's side of the negotiation. Oh well, better late than never I guess. Roll up 'dem sleeves JS.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
I love Baldwin and think he's a terrific WR, but I don't know if he is worth over $10 million APY to this team.

I think Lockett will develop into an even better receiver this year. Kearse plays the possession role at $4 million APY. RIchardson returns next year at $1.5 million. Kevin Smith, Douglas McNeil, and Kasen Williams are studs waiting in the wings for their opportunity. Kenny Lawler showed good hands in the OTAs.

Enjoy Baldwin while we can because we may not be able to afford him going forward. We'll see.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
He's effective, but not an overwhelming physical specimen. He gets a lot of production because he doesn't get injured and Wilson has a lot of time to practice with him.

chris98251

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":ybiecz08 said:
He's effective, but not an overwhelming physical specimen. He gets a lot of production because he doesn't get injured and Wilson has a lot of time to practice with him.

Yeah Largent and Rice were Physical Freaks.

sutz

Reaction score
chris98251":1zp8anf9 said:
Lords of Scythia":1zp8anf9 said:

Yeah Largent and Rice were Physical Freaks.
Actually, I think Rice kind of was. ;)

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
There are those somewhat rare players that their worth isn't necessarily just how many yds and TDs they catch. It sounds like, coupled with Wilson, he has taken over this offense. He has the passion and intensity that the offense needs to help replace Lynch