John Clayton - Seahawks should sign Vernon Adams

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Here again, we need to let Pete & Co. assess, and decide on who would be the best overall fit at EVERY position.
Not saying that Adams would or wouldn't be a good fit, but it's not really John Clayton's place to make that statement.

kearly

Reaction score
I hope to see Adams in a Seahawks preseason game. If they do decline to sign him, I hope they have a reason other than "he's short." I trust the FO, but I do find the league wide caution with Adams to be very hard to understand.

With Ifedi, it's pretty cool to have a RG with Okung tools.

The RBs will be fun to track this preseason.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
kearly":1wcqru67 said:
I hope to see Adams in a Seahawks preseason game. If they do decline to sign him, I hope they have a reason other than "he's short." I trust the FO, but I do find the league wide caution with Adams to be very hard to understand.

I wonder how different perception of VA would be if he hadnt broken his finger on a cheap shot first game if the season. He really needed to prove he could stay healthy.

I know one thing for sure, in shorts and t'shirt he can throw the ball as well as anyone on the seahawks roster, including Wilson.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Honestly, the team would do well to have 3 Russell Wilson-esque dual threat QBs in practice this TC as it will help keep the play-book open as well as help every new guy get used to Wilson's playing style.

Im fine with Boykins and Adams as long as you dont tell me Heaps is going to be the next Kurt Warner or something.

chris98251

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":9cq5et5j said:
Honestly, the team would do well to have 3 Russell Wilson-esque dual threat QBs in practice this TC as it will help keep the play-book open as well as help every new guy get used to Wilson's playing style.

Im fine with Boykins and Adams as long as you dont tell me Heaps is going to be the next Kurt Warner or something.

No no they were saying that about Goff not Heaps.

Seafan

Reaction score
Transitioning from the college spread to the NFL is a challenge for most QBs.

I would love to see Adams in preseason and hope the Hawks keep him for camp.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":bxqo6ee6 said:

Adams is no where near the athletes or dual threat like Boykin and RW.

He has good pocket awareness and elsuviness in the pocket, but his 4.83 forty and small frame would get him killed.

He can sling it though and I love his movement in the pocket. He is a flat winner. I would like to see him stay on.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
kearly":35i8yans said:

Same. If anything I want to see Boykin and Adams go at it for a roster spot.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
There was a report a couple of days ago that if Seattle didn't sign him, Adams was going to Washington for a tryout with the Skins.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
If they don't sign Adams, Boykin sounds like he's been having a solid rookie camp. I would be happy with either of them as back up qb.

Despite all the knocks on Adams due to his height, hand size and poor 40 time, the field tilts in his favor. He was lighting up Pac 12 defenses on a fbs team out here at ewu. He's proven he deserves a shot at being a back up

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Kamcussion":146gvbsb said:
Need more Perkins info

Yes.....What tape I'm seeing with this kid, I like a bunch...for the most part, he has a nice high point pass release, seems to always keep his eyes down field without telegraphing his intended target.
Pretty good mechanics, very athletic at the college level, how would it translate at the PRO level?

Wrong Perkins :oops:

Hawks46

Reaction score
JSeahawks":adz48ir4 said:
kearly":adz48ir4 said:

I wonder how different perception of VA would be if he hadnt broken his finger on a cheap shot first game if the season. He really needed to prove he could stay healthy.

I know one thing for sure, in shorts and t'shirt he can throw the ball as well as anyone on the seahawks roster, including Wilson.

Well I know he seems to have that "it" factor, but he's slower than both RW and Boykin, and has a smaller frame than both. He's a winner though, and that's one thing you can't teach. That and he's stayed out of trouble and Boykin hasn't. Either seem like a good option, and I can see us keeping both into TC. Roster starts out at like 90 into TC doesn't it ? There's room to carry both and figure it out.

cheese22

Reaction score
RW coming out of college measured 5'11" and 204 lbs, VA is 5'11" and 200 lbs. Don't say he has a slight frame. Boykin is only 6' and 212 lbs but nobody mentions his size. VA gets bad reviews for his 40 time of 4.83, Boykin ran 4.77. If not for the concussion he leads Oregon to a title game. He was the best QB in the Senior Bowl. I would think that any Seahawk fan would have learned a lesson about dismissing a QB because of their not being the prototypical sized NFL QB. Fortunately for VA and the Seahawks, he has faced the same scrutiny at every level and keeps proving the talking heads (and wannabe forum GM's) wrong. I'm gonna laugh when he makes it and helps the team at some point and a lot of doubters are gonna claim they knew it all along.

two dog

Reaction score
I don't have the cred of John Clayton but is it all right if I tell the Seahawks they should
sign Vernon Adams? I wouldn't exactly be the first .netter to suggest to the front office
what they should do.

I have been on my Vernon Adams bicycle since well before the draft and I'm not
going to get off it now. The "intangibles" are much more important at the quarterback
position than any other position, in my view. The timing more precise, the decisions
more split second, the downfield vision required exceeds that of any other position.

Vernon adams has intangibles up the kazoo, not to mention hands that are, still, larger
than Jared Goff's. It would be nice if we could let that one go.

His demeanor, on and off the field, just impresses the hell out of me and makes me
hopeful he can handle the requirements and the playbook of an NFL team.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Count me in as someone who thinks VA will make the team. In fact if it comes down to Treyvon or Vernon I think Vernon will win out.

Smellyman

Reaction score
cheese22":2vvx80j5 said:
RW coming out of college measured 5'11" and 204 lbs, VA is 5'11" and 200 lbs. Don't say he has a slight frame. Boykin is only 6' and 212 lbs but nobody mentions his size. VA gets bad reviews for his 40 time of 4.83, Boykin ran 4.77. If not for the concussion he leads Oregon to a title game. He was the best QB in the Senior Bowl. I would think that any Seahawk fan would have learned a lesson about dismissing a QB because of their not being the prototypical sized NFL QB. Fortunately for VA and the Seahawks, he has faced the same scrutiny at every level and keeps proving the talking heads (and wannabe forum GM's) wrong. I'm gonna laugh when he makes it and helps the team at some point and a lot of doubters are gonna claim they knew it all along.

Not all 200 pounds are equal. See them standing next to each other and RW is a thick block.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
This will probably sound real stupid but it would not hurt my feelings if Jackson stayed gone and we kept both rookies.