[tweet]https://twitter.com/scohenPI/status/728683861274599424[/tweet]

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/728684821497544704[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/KennethArthuRS/status/728683606999064576[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/728688563399712768[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/728681625303666688[/tweet]

2016 Seattle Seahawks Rookie Minicamp Alphabetical Roster link to .com >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/news/2016/05/06/seattle-seahawks-2016-rookie-minicamp-roster[/urltargetblank]

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
Dam, I had Lawler penciled in to take the 5th spot over KW and KS, but now McEvoy as a big target will make it a tough call.

If McEvoy can play WR, Safety, and ST, he could provide a lot of value for a single roster spot.

Basis4day

Reaction score
HunnyBadger":32jyy1pg said:
Dam, I had Lawler penciled in to take the 5th spot over KW and KS, but now McEvoy as a big target will make it a tough call.

If McEvoy can play WR, Safety, and ST, he could provide a lot of value for a single roster spot.

Does he really have a high likelihood of getting snatched off the practice squad?

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
Basis4day":30z6lp4n said:
HunnyBadger":30z6lp4n said:

Does he really have a high likelihood of getting snatched off the practice squad?

Lawler? Probably not.

Basis4day

Reaction score
HunnyBadger":12yexeal said:
Basis4day":12yexeal said:
HunnyBadger":12yexeal said:

Lawler? Probably not.

I meant McEvoy.

His athleticism is intriguing, but he still went UDFA and wasn't really talked about until less than a week ago.
I just don't know where the hype is coming from.

His versatility could be very useful on the PS to mimic opponents.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Basis4day":ab5gyti2 said:
HunnyBadger":ab5gyti2 said:
Basis4day":ab5gyti2 said:
HunnyBadger":ab5gyti2 said:

Lawler? Probably not.

I meant McEvoy.

His athleticism is intriguing, but he still went UDFA and wasn't really talked about until less than a week ago.
I just don't know where the hype is coming from.

His versatility could be very useful on the PS to mimic opponents.
Agreed, Mcevoy is an interesting project but unlikely to make the 53. Especially this year.

Willyeye

Reaction score
Rookie Minicamp competition by position group:

QB- Trevone Boykin, Vernon Adams, Jake Heaps
RB- C.J. Prosise, Alex Collins, Zac Brooks, Tre Madden, Giavanni Ruffin, D.J. Morgan, Cameron Marshall
FB- Taniela Tupou, Kyle Coleman, Cody Fulleton
WR- Kenny Lawler, Tanner McEvoy, DeAnthony Arnett, Deontrae Cooper, Devin Fosselman, David Dudek, Jeff Fuller, Deshon Foxx, Tyler Slavin, Atwan Goodley, Douglas McNeil III
TE- Nick Vannett, George Fant (could be Tackle project), Ben Landry, Clayton Echard, Ronnie Shields
T- Lene Maiava, Terry Poole, Marcus Hutchins
G- Germain Ifedi (listed as G/T), Rees Odhiambo, Jaylen Hunter, Chad West, Hershey Walton
C- Joey Hunt, Will Pericak

DT- Jarran Reed, Quinton Jefferson, Brandin Bryant (also listed as FB), Lars Koht, Tylor Harris, Justin Hamilton
DE- David Perkins, Montese Overton, Christian French, Branden Jackson
LB- Steve Longa, Chris Edwards, Nick Holt, Aaron Karlen, Darzil Washington, Pete Robertson, Deon Clarke
CB- DeAndre Elliott, Darvell Harris, Jamal Marshall, Jonathan Rose, George Farmer, Trovon Reed
SS- Tyvis Powell, Marwin Evans, Robert Smith
FS- Denzel Thompson

K/P- Chris Lider
LS- Drew Ferris

This list includes our 10 Draft Picks and our 13 UDFA signings. It also includes 33 unsigned invitees. It also includes 12 players that were on the Seahawks roster prior to this week.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Any one person can make the roster if they want it enough.

McEnvoy has something no one else has... Elite Length × Athleticism.

I feel though his best role with his all-around experience would make an elite STer especially at Gunner.

Ricardo Lockette with size and defensive experience.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":162myx53 said:

I feel though his best role with his all-around experience would make an elite STer especially at Gunner.

Absolutely. I won't argue that he can make the team.

But what does anyone really know about him beyond youtube highlights? Had anyone really heard about him before Saturday?

But elite length+Athleticism just sounds like Jameson Konz to me at this juncture. And there were a lot more spots on the roster unclaimed by established players when Konz was around. There are only so many spots on the roster.

My opinion could absolutely change in the future, and positive or negative, will change during the preseason.

I'm not trying to belittle him for being undrafted. But we are only a week removed from the draft. It makes you ask why he wasn't drafted and another player was.

titan3131

Reaction score
Basis4day":23df2avo said:
Pandion Haliaetus":23df2avo said:

But what does anyone really know about him beyond youtube highlights? Had anyone really heard about him before Saturday?

But elite length+Athleticism just sounds like Jameson Konz to me at this juncture. And there were a lot more spots on the roster unclaimed by established players when Konz was around. There are only so many spots on the roster.

My opinion could absolutely change in the future, and positive or negative, will change during the preseason.

I'm not trying to belittle him for being undrafted. But we are only a week removed from the draft. It makes you ask why he wasn't drafted and another player was.

Yes us sick draft folk knew about him, He has his own thread in the draft area.

Also Pete said that MvEvoy would get a shot @ safety... Which contradicts what Davis hsu tweeted.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Largent80":qi8m03je said:
Is it just me but I'm pretty excited to watch this draft and UDFA class.?
Definitely, could be our most intriguing haul yet. I think Brandin Bryant is one who has a great shot of making this team.

titan3131

Reaction score
yes largent, this draft class is super exciting and I suspect will be better then 2012 minus the insane Qb Value from wilson.

Realistically I think 2 drafted guys wont make the roster AT THE VERY MOST.

Brooks and Jefferson being the guys on the bubble.

Every other draft pick makes this team.

UDFA

I see powell making it and then come combination of DE/lb guys we have signed as well
Brandin Bryant a lock imo
and of course our backup qbs

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":1s9o7nbp said:
Pandion Haliaetus":1s9o7nbp said:

I'll state the obvious.... how did Doug Baldwin go undrafted and yet make the team and become one of the best players on an elite team? How did Thomas Rawls go undrafted and make the team, then become the heir apparent to Marshawn Lynch? So, we mere mortals haven't heard of McEvoy before...obviously the team had, and their opinion is really the only one that matters after all.

randomation

Reaction score
Put McEvoy at SS damn it :( at WR he will be okay but honestly won't crack the top 3 for a while teach him to tackle and with his field vision he could be pushing for playing time this year. This isn't being optimistic he has that level of potential and he can cover TEs. Also for those who didn't watch him at Wisconsin

[youtube]C4ojKBcmAWQ[/youtube]

[youtube]Jj8ZKFpczeM[/youtube]

kf3339

Reaction score
Seafan":32vuk88i said:
Quinton Jefferson will make this team.

^This. He would pretty much have to piss of the coaches, front office, players and everone else to really not make this team. Us trading up to get him in the 5th round of this draft is like us picking him in the 2nd or 3rd round most other draft years. It was that deep of a class.

He will make it.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Exactly. Its not like our WR depth is settled on the back end.

Rawls made this team with Lynch, Jackson, Turbin, and Michael ahead of him on the depth chart.

Like I said McEnvoy is just interesting because he played multiple positions and imo did so adequately.

He has what WR, TE, S, LBer, QB maybe DE on his resume and he did it for a big program. I think the difference between McEnvoy and Konz is that Konz was an athlete without a position, McEnvoy is an actual football player with the intelligence to play multiple roles.

Ill say it again McEnvoys experience and skillsetis a recipe for a highly dangerous STer. Even if McEnvoy never finds a true position he has remarkable potential on ST as a gunner, blocker, and even a holder.

This is a team that highly values not only STs but versatility as well as length and athleticism.

Not saying McEnvoy is going to make the team but I can definately see the potential value he has with or without a true position.