Dallas wanted Paxton at 26

jhern87

Reaction score
The fact that Seattle didn't want to risk losing Ifedi so much so that they turned that offer down, says a lot to me about how high they are on him. Looking forward to seeing who else we add in the coming days.

OP
OP
OneLofaTatupu

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
Yep, he was targeted and John has ESP. Now we have 3 in the 3rd almost back to back - imagine what he'll make out of that.

Throw talent at more talent and let them fight it out - it's like my marriage, with so much talent (kids included) someone is going to eventually make everyone else

I just lost my train of thought and don't care about the draft until the 3rd round - something crazy will happen - OR we just take 3 picks, which would be sick/tight.

sekiuHAWK

Reaction score
I think John wanted to keep Kap in SanFran.... Started a different thread on that....

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Besides, Dallas was out of 1sts, now if they wanted to slide over one of their tackles..

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Just heard on NFL live a quote from Jerry saying knowing what he knows now they might of given up a bit more for him.

Laloosh

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":2rtenfkv said:
Just heard on NFL live a quote from Jerry saying knowing what he knows now they might of given up a bit more for him.
I really wish they had.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I doubt we would have traded out if the first, the 5th year option is so appealing especially for a lineman.

pehawk

Reaction score
Laloosh":nb4u440k said:
WilsonMVP":nb4u440k said:
I really wish they had.

Jerry had to have offered Leary. Right? Speaks to either how high the Seahawks had Germain and/or how high they were on Toni Braxton Miller Marshaun Lynch.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
jhern87":19gfynfu said:
The fact that Seattle didn't want to risk losing Ifedi so much so that they turned that offer down, says a lot to me about how high they are on him. Looking forward to seeing who else we add in the coming days.
They didn't necessarily turn down the offer for Ifedi.

For instance, if a team has 3 guys they like, and they feel they can move back 5 spots and still get one of the guys, but they feel that all 3 would be gone if they moved back 7 spots, then it means the team can trade back between 1 and 6 spots.

Ifedi wasn't "their guy" he was "one of their guys".

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Hawknballs":102fx1t5 said:
I doubt we would have traded out if the first, the 5th year option is so appealing especially for a lineman.
It's actually not.

OL gets grouped together, so using the 5th year option would pay him like a LT even though he most likely won't play LT.

Every team has a franchise tag, but how often do they use it? Rarely, because it is almost always a bad deal for the team.

How many 5th year options are getting picked up by teams? Not many because the financials don't work out.

If a player is really good then teams probably want him MORE than just one extra year, and the player would prefer a longterm deal for security. Teams don't want to overpay with the franchise tag or the 5th year option, so the 5th year option only makes sense when:

1. The 5th year price tag is a bargain (basically impossible for an OL who doesnt play LT)

2. The team only "needs" him for 1 more year and can move on to someone else.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
To me, a late 1st and a late 3rd to a team out of our division is so much better than an early 2nd and early 3rd within the division, not to mention the risk of our player not being there at 3 in the 2nd.

Seafan

Reaction score
Per reports the Cowboys were offering a 3rd from next year. JC wants picks in this draft.

mikeak

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":2cylncrl said:

What would they know today that they didn't yesterday?

Latest posts