Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Dallas wanted Paxton at 26

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Dallas wanted Paxton at 26
Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:50 pm

Re: Dallas wanted Paxton at 26
Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:51 pm
  • Lot of different ways to go with 3 3rds.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:56 pm
  • The fact that Seattle didn't want to risk losing Ifedi so much so that they turned that offer down, says a lot to me about how high they are on him. Looking forward to seeing who else we add in the coming days.
    jhern87
    NET Rookie

Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:22 pm
  • Yep, he was targeted and John has ESP. Now we have 3 in the 3rd almost back to back - imagine what he'll make out of that.

Throw talent at more talent and let them fight it out - it's like my marriage, with so much talent (kids included) someone is going to eventually make everyone else

I just lost my train of thought and don't care about the draft until the 3rd round - something crazy will happen - OR we just take 3 picks, which would be sick/tight.
    OneLofaTatupu
    * NET Shrink *

Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:06 am
  • I think John wanted to keep Kap in SanFran.... Started a different thread on that....
    Thank you :les: ... RIP
    sekiuHAWK
    NET Starter

Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:59 pm
  • Besides, Dallas was out of 1sts, now if they wanted to slide over one of their tackles..
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:04 pm
  • Just heard on NFL live a quote from Jerry saying knowing what he knows now they might of given up a bit more for him.

"Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does"
    WilsonMVP
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:18 pm
  • WilsonMVP wrote:Just heard on NFL live a quote from Jerry saying knowing what he knows now they might of given up a bit more for him.

I really wish they had.
    Adopt A Rookie: Nick Vannett, TE - Ohio State University
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:21 pm
  • I doubt we would have traded out if the first, the 5th year option is so appealing especially for a lineman.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:25 pm
  • Laloosh wrote:
    WilsonMVP wrote:Just heard on NFL live a quote from Jerry saying knowing what he knows now they might of given up a bit more for him.

I really wish they had.

Jerry had to have offered Leary. Right? Speaks to either how high the Seahawks had Germain and/or how high they were on Toni Braxton Miller Marshaun Lynch.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:41 pm
  • jhern87 wrote:The fact that Seattle didn't want to risk losing Ifedi so much so that they turned that offer down, says a lot to me about how high they are on him. Looking forward to seeing who else we add in the coming days.

They didn't necessarily turn down the offer for Ifedi.

For instance, if a team has 3 guys they like, and they feel they can move back 5 spots and still get one of the guys, but they feel that all 3 would be gone if they moved back 7 spots, then it means the team can trade back between 1 and 6 spots.

Ifedi wasn't "their guy" he was "one of their guys".
    bjornanderson21
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:53 pm
  • Hawknballs wrote:I doubt we would have traded out if the first, the 5th year option is so appealing especially for a lineman.

It's actually not.

OL gets grouped together, so using the 5th year option would pay him like a LT even though he most likely won't play LT.

Every team has a franchise tag, but how often do they use it? Rarely, because it is almost always a bad deal for the team.

How many 5th year options are getting picked up by teams? Not many because the financials don't work out.

If a player is really good then teams probably want him MORE than just one extra year, and the player would prefer a longterm deal for security. Teams don't want to overpay with the franchise tag or the 5th year option, so the 5th year option only makes sense when:

1. The 5th year price tag is a bargain (basically impossible for an OL who doesnt play LT)

2. The team only "needs" him for 1 more year and can move on to someone else.
    bjornanderson21
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:45 pm
  • To me, a late 1st and a late 3rd to a team out of our division is so much better than an early 2nd and early 3rd within the division, not to mention the risk of our player not being there at 3 in the 2nd.
    BullHawk33
    NET Starter

Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:40 pm
  • Per reports the Cowboys were offering a 3rd from next year. JC wants picks in this draft.
    Thomas Paine: To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:44 pm
  • WilsonMVP wrote:Just heard on NFL live a quote from Jerry saying knowing what he knows now they might of given up a bit more for him.

What would they know today that they didn't yesterday?
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:10 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information