Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Vegas favors Hawks out of the NFC.

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Vegas favors Hawks out of the NFC.
Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:31 pm

Re: Vegas favors Hawks out of the NFC.
Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:38 pm
  • Can we jump in a time machine and get to September please? Can't wait for this season to start and see this team bounce back as champions. :thirishdrinkers:

Although, I prefer when we're underdogs and overlooked. Seems to motivate these guys more.
    semiahmoo wrote:I'll say it again - this is Pete's last season in Seattle if the teams doesn't make a legit hard run deep into the playoffs.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:03 pm
  • I agree sort of with the underdog thing. Buuut I also think that we have been good enough for long enough that being overlooked is not a go to source of motivation for these guys. I like the fact that the legion of boom is back. This I hope will bring that swagger back that we seemed to be missing last year. Also I feel our offense will take a step forward as well *front line be damned). As of now there is no one guy that they can over-focus on (besides Russell). I loved ML but IMHO he hindered Russell's overall leadership in the locker room. Plus another year with our core guys together and Tyler Locket and Frank Clark second years. Lots of draft picks. The future looks bright guys. Soak it in.
    Year of The Hawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:45 pm
  • Whatever, it's April. Haven't even drafted yet and the o-line is.....ummmmm.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:56 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:Whatever, it's April.

vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:31 pm
  • Weren't we a favorite last year too?

How did that impact the "almost missing the playoffs entirely" reality, followed by the "lucky to even get out of the first game"?

I get that Vegas is more often right than wrong, but their blessing isn't foolproof.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:50 pm
  • The thread title had me thinking that we were leaving the NFC (i.e. for realignment). This had been mentioned before. Whew.
    Seahawks fan since Topps 1985.
    Our Man in Chicago
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:52 pm
  • We are moving. It's a new conference called the XFC (Xenu Football Conference).

Frank Clark has also moved to LB full time.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:14 pm
  • It's not fulltime. He's gone from 275 to 253. He's just trending to safety and linebacker is a stop along the way.
    austinslater25
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:29 pm
  • austinslater25 wrote:It's not fulltime. He's gone from 275 to 253. He's just trending to safety and linebacker is a stop along the way.

Hey hey now...be careful of what you post...someone may blow a gasket for posting such misinformed things. Make sure you get this approved from the judge of all knowing things related to the Seahawks :)
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:55 pm
  • Good point, need to run it by a couple of guys first obviously.
    austinslater25
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:01 pm
  • As long as Russell Wilson is in his prime, PC and JS are in place, and the core of our defense (Wagner, Sherman, Thomas, Bennett, Avril) is in their "glory" years (and not coming off significant injury)...we will always be in the discussion for NFC favorite.
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *

Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:59 pm
  • Year of The Hawk wrote:I agree sort of with the underdog thing. Buuut I also think that we have been good enough for long enough that being overlooked is not a go to source of motivation for these guys. I like the fact that the legion of boom is back. This I hope will bring that swagger back that we seemed to be missing last year. Also I feel our offense will take a step forward as well *front line be damned). As of now there is no one guy that they can over-focus on (besides Russell). I loved ML but IMHO he hindered Russell's overall leadership in the locker room. Plus another year with our core guys together and Tyler Locket and Frank Clark second years. Lots of draft picks. The future looks bright guys. Soak it in.

I agree with you. Reading the article quoting doug, BB is a family member in the locker room. These guys are pumped go have him and clem back. And for the money he's getting paid, I think we have to keep him around. But can you imagine if he has a resurgence and is able to start, we would have serious depth at db. We have good depth, but I don't have to tell anyone on this sight what kind of a beast BB is. I'm willing to put up with some penalties, it sends a message. Man, get some bully back. I love it and hope lime hell it works out. Have him cover the big recievers and stud tight ends, and have guys like lane and shead cover the smaller, faster guys. I may be wishful thinking, but I just hope.
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:03 am
  • I also favor the Hawks but we'll have to wait and see what happens.
    Overseasfan
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:23 am
  • austinslater25 wrote:It's not fulltime. He's gone from 275 to 253. He's just trending to safety and linebacker is a stop along the way.

He is not going to be a safety hes too big..

:sarcasm_on:
    "It takes a big man to sit when he pees. its takes an even bigger man to tell someone he does"
    Davidess
    NET Rookie

Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:19 am

Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:02 am

Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:20 pm
  • vin.couve12 wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:Whatever, it's April.

I don't see where everyone here is absolutely fixated on the offensive line. We win with what we throw out there. It's been this way from the start.

People are going to have a melt down when we trade back in the first or second round.
    morgulon1
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:22 pm
  • Jimjones0384 wrote:
    Year of The Hawk wrote:I agree sort of with the underdog thing. Buuut I also think that we have been good enough for long enough that being overlooked is not a go to source of motivation for these guys. I like the fact that the legion of boom is back. This I hope will bring that swagger back that we seemed to be missing last year. Also I feel our offense will take a step forward as well *front line be damned). As of now there is no one guy that they can over-focus on (besides Russell). I loved ML but IMHO he hindered Russell's overall leadership in the locker room. Plus another year with our core guys together and Tyler Locket and Frank Clark second years. Lots of draft picks. The future looks bright guys. Soak it in.

I agree with you. Reading the article quoting doug, BB is a family member in the locker room. These guys are pumped go have him and clem back. And for the money he's getting paid, I think we have to keep him around. But can you imagine if he has a resurgence and is able to start, we would have serious depth at db. We have good depth, but I don't have to tell anyone on this sight what kind of a beast BB is. I'm willing to put up with some penalties, it sends a message. Man, get some bully back. I love it and hope lime hell it works out. Have him cover the big recievers and stud tight ends, and have guys like lane and shead cover the smaller, faster guys. I may be wishful thinking, but I just hope.

No, youre 100 % correct. There is more to this than just getting a "guy" on the team. BB is a big part of what was started and the message Seattle sent to other teams.
    morgulon1
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:23 pm

Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:48 am
  • Hawks46 wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:http://espn.go.com/blog/seattle-seahawks/post/_/id/19445/vegas-has-seahawks-pegged-as-favorites-to-come-out-of-the-nfc

I wonder how our Panther and Cardinal fan members feel about this. :D

Disrespected.

Not at all. The Hawks won the NFC 2 of 3 years so it's not like they pulled it completely from the sky. The only thing that's somewhat puzzling is that now that the Broncos/Panthers line is even, there's only one game the Panthers are an underdog all year, @Seattle (+3), whereas the Hawks are slight underdogs @NE, @Arizona, @GB. There may be some "value" in the Panthers not being a legacy franchise in a small market with less casual betters playing futures odds, but who knows. No disrespect here, comfortable as one could possibly be.
    ctrcat
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:02 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information