DeShawn Shead signed

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Ignore the typo on the tweet

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/720728595639853056[/tweet]

hawknation2016

Reaction score
I could have sworn Shead was signed more than a month ago. Perhaps he waited until now to sign his ERFA tender.

He gets $760,000 and is a RFA next year.

Basis4day

Reaction score
hawknation2016":2hz4f058 said:
I could have sworn Shead was signed more than a month ago. Perhaps he waited until now to sign his ERFA tender.

He gets $760,000 and is a RFA next year.

Yeah. He was tendered about a month ago. He has now signed it.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Solid. He's a good player.

Sent from my iPhone, which is way better than Roland's Nokia.

sutz

Reaction score
Good sign. He's not Sherm, but he's done well for us.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
A guy who could play every DB spot at a pseudo-starter level is the definition of best possible back-up and that only for $760.000, not bad.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Yup good signing. It will be his last year here though. Dat guy gon get payed when he hits FA.

sutz

Reaction score
RichNhansom":4ok32ps0 said:
Yup good signing. It will be his last year here though. Dat guy gon get payed when he hits FA.
Nice not to have to worry about it this year, though. :D

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Great, I have been wondering about this. Played every db position last year, except earls fs spot that is. He was a key component in the mid season turn around. Plus, he is playing at the nfl poverty level, lol. 750,000 is damn cheap for a guy on an upward trajectory. I'm kind of surprised someone didn't try signing him away from us for 6 mil a year. Maybe next year.

sutz

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":op5ushgh said:
Great, I have been wondering about this. Played every db position last year, except earls fs spot that is. He was a key component in the mid season turn around. Plus, he is playing at the nfl poverty level, lol. 750,000 is damn cheap for a guy on an upward trajectory. I'm kind of surprised someone didn't try signing him away from us for 6 mil a year. Maybe next year.
Pretty sure he was Exclusive rights FA, so nobody allowed to talk to him after we tendered. I may be wrong.

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
Great signing. That Snead has the best hair on the team.
Snead_Feature_420_310.jpg

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
sutz":2nekv6ap said:

Dont get why youd compare him to Sherm. Few players are in this league.

Id argue that Shead has been one of the more successful DBs we've developed over the years for the fact hes has survived cuts, still remains within the system, and hes carved out a niche as a versatile player as an undrafted small school prospect.

Hes just now entering his prime as a player and the Seahawks easily can have him on the cheap for the next two seasons.

sutz

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":26ddcb16 said:
sutz":26ddcb16 said:

Dont get why youd compare him to Sherm. Few players are in this league.

Id argue that Shead has been one of the more successful DBs we've developed over the years for the fact hes has survived cuts, still remains within the system, and hes carved out a niche as a versatile player as an undrafted small school prospect.

Hes just now entering his prime as a player and the Seahawks easily can have him on the cheap for the next two seasons.
Well, just saying he's not a superstar, but I agree that as a utility player he has done well, and may have starter potential in his future. I like the signing. It's great value to be sure. I know that when his name has been mentioned as being on the field, I don't cringe like I did with some others we've had over the years.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Hard to believe Shead was still only an ERFA, feels like he's been on the team for a half-dozen years already.