Who's stoked to watch Paul Richardson this season?

King Dog

Reaction score
Me. Came off an acl and pulled his hammy first game in... He's had plenty of time to recover. He either steps up or he doesn't. I thought he looked good towards the end of his rookie season and am looking forward to him contributing as our #4 wr or maybe (hopefully) more.....

sutz

Reaction score
I'm with you. Can't wait and very hopeful.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Yep, this is PRich's make-or-break season. Can't wait to see whether his body folds up like origami paper and he washes out of the NFL, or this is the year he shows he can hold up.

If anything, the defenseless receiver protection rules have improved his odds.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I'm in! I've liked Richardson since before he was drafted. He played really well at the end of his rookie season. Could even make a case that he was the best WR on the team during that stretch. The pulled hammy was just a fluky kind of thing.

sutz

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":8r1eo6xk said:
I'm in! I've liked Richardson since before he was drafted. He played really well at the end of his rookie season. Could even make a case that he was the best WR on the team during that stretch. The pulled hammy was just a fluky kind of thing.
Well, yeah. The pulled hammie is kind of a pre-season injury. The kind of thing that happens when one first gets back. If not for the concurrent problems on the team, he might have been kept active, but late in the season roster spots were getting tight.

Hopefully, he'll be ready and loose for TC and can avoid the hammie strains and such.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
The play he pulled his hammy on was a glimpse of the type of big-play potential Richardson has. If he can stay healthy, he can help stretch the field and open up more opportunities for Baldwin and Lockett. I'm excited to see what he can do.

Laloosh

Reaction score
I am hopeful. Not sure I can bring myself to describe it as excited given how few snaps he's taken.

pehawk

Reaction score
I'm beyond stoked.

About midway through last season opposing defenses began respecting Lockett's deep game. It's a factor often overlooked when crediting Wilson's 2nd half surge. That really, really opened ADB up (along with other factors).

PRich was commanding that same respect late into 2014. He was also getting the best separation out of the group. I think if PRich didn’t get hurt the Hawks put up 35 on the Pats, easily.

Him and Lockett on the field together will command deep help. Every play. That'll leave more mismatches than Wilson can count. As well open things up for Rawls, aka "Muhammad's Gift to Spread Rushing Attacks".

I'm scared to even discuss it because I'm a superstitious fruit - but man will that combo be lethal.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I've said it before but he was developing into a primary option for Wilson late in his rookie year and like Pe mentioned above he was separating better than anyone else in the receiver room. He passes Kearse at some point this year and never looks back assuming he can stay healthy. A Lockett/Richardson/Baldwin trio is going to be as good as anyone in the league imo. People are going to be shocked by Richardson.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Here's hoping he will have a healthy season.

There is no question he has ability to be a special option for RW.

Wouldn't a healthy year for ALL the WRs be nice?

Basis4day

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1uqe8v8j said:
Wouldn't a healthy year for ALL the WRs be nice?

Sure. But there is no such thing as a healthy football player.

original poster

Reaction score
We've gone from an average receiver corps to (presuming PRich stays healthy) one of, if not the best in the league.

You can bet ADB gets locked up long term in the summer, he said earlier in the week he wants to retire in Seattle.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
I was stoked to see him last year, but more injuries.

This year, if he produces and can play the whole season, I'll be happy. Anything more than that is unexpected. To me, he is now our bonus player that we hope just takes off, but won't kill our season if he doesn't.

kearly

Reaction score
Richardson's abilities at running the slant would make him a superstar with Tom Brady. Now that Seattle's offense is beginning to take on a Patriots type feel, it's hard not to be excited about Richardson's potential... health permitting.

hawk45

Reaction score
I'm about as excited for Richardson as I was for Deon Butler.

I'm struggling to recall the list of Seahawk players in recent history who began their careers with multiple years where they missed significant time due to injury then went on to be relatively injury-free later. Of course it's easy to recall the Marcus Tubbss, Russell Okungs, Deon Butlers, Percy Harvins, Deion Branches, I have to stop now my blood pressure has risen too high.

For some reason Anthony Simmons popped into my head but no, he played most of his games first 4 seasons and only broke down later on.

Carpenter might be on track but he was oft-injured due to fatness I'm not sure that's quite the same thing.

Does anyone remember players who overcame early significant (multi-year, multi-games-missed) injury struggles? I'm sure there have been some.

sutz

Reaction score
hawk45":1o6dgxh9 said:

I'm struggling to recall the list of Seahawk players in recent history who began their careers with multiple years where they missed significant time due to injury then went on to be relatively injury-free later. Of course it's easy to recall the Marcus Tubbss, Russell Okungs, Deon Butlers, Percy Harvins, Deion Branches, I have to stop now my blood pressure has risen too high.

For some reason Anthony Simmons popped into my head but no, he played most of his games first 4 seasons and only broke down later on.

Carpenter might be on track but he was oft-injured due to fatness I'm not sure that's quite the same thing.

Does anyone remember players who overcame early significant (multi-year, multi-games-missed) injury struggles? I'm sure there have been some.
Ahem....Walter Jones. IIRC, he missed significant time his first year or so with ankle problems, then went on to be one of our most durable players. ;)

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
He was my adopt a rookie, so I have a vested interest in being right about him. However, I feel like PRich is a microcosm of the 2014 draft class, which has been underwhelming/injured at best. They all need to either make the leap or make room for the next guy. From that draft class, we still have:
PRich
Britt
Marsh
KPL
Pinkins
Seriously, which one of these guys do you see as getting a second contract with the team?

hawk45

Reaction score
sutz":6htvldee said:
hawk45":6htvldee said:

Ahem....Walter Jones. IIRC, he missed significant time his first year or so with ankle problems, then went on to be one of our most durable players. ;)

Walt missed 4 games his first season then went on to play all 16 games in each of the next 4 seasons. That does not meet the significant injury struggles criteria I laid out, to put it mildly.

Nearly every NFL player misses significant time in 1 season. That is why I stated *multiple* years, clustered early.

sutz

Reaction score
jdemps":9dsb7r3j said:
He was my adopt a rookie, so I have a vested interest in being right about him. However, I feel like PRich is a microcosm of the 2014 draft class, which has been underwhelming/injured at best. They all need to either make the leap or make room for the next guy. From that draft class, we still have:
PRich
Britt
Marsh
KPL
Pinkins
Seriously, which one of these guys do you see as getting a second contract with the team?
Actually, I could see KPL and Marsh sticking, and Richardson if he can put in a full season.

Frankly, I'm not completely ready to give up on Britt, either. If he could make a good solid backup, I'd take that.

Now if you mean a top dollar FA contract for these guys, well, I wouldn't go that far. ;)