Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

What position would you take with our 1st round pick?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13

What position would you take with our 1st round pick?

Offensive Tackle
34%
Offensive Guard
7%
Defensive Tackle
16%
Corner
2%
Safety
No votes
Wide Receiver
1%
Running Back
2%
Best Player Available (outside of QB)
34%
Other
5%

Total votes : 170

• I'd go with OL but would consider DL or even RB if a top prospect slipped to us.
    seabowl
    NET Veteran

• BPA but I want a center really bad, a legit one. We could use DT, OG, and even TE.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Rob Nkemdiche :snack:
    City Of Reign
    NET Starter

• Outside of quarterback? If the best player is really a quarterback, I say grab him twice.

Other meaning trade down with great deal.
    AVL
    NET Veteran

• I would take the best center in the draft.

I like D line as is though....

Will scream at tv if we dont go Olineman
    Michael Dickson, P, Texas: 2018 Adopt a Probowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

• City Of Reign wrote:Rob Nkemdiche :snack:

It really isn't popular, but I think that could actually happen. If we want to improve the interior pass rush, this might actually be the pick. I realize his production doesn't match his ability, but his ability is through the roof. If he gets his ish together we probably move Rubin down to 1 and slap dude in at 3. I know Pete like Robin at 3 on run downs, but you're a much better defense if you can still get quality run defense from the 3 while also getting that pass rush potential that the 3 tech is really supposed to be able to provide.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

• Atradees wrote:I would take the best center in the draft.

I like D line as is though....

Will scream at tv if we dont go Olineman

You should probably practice getting your scream on. We're set up to go BPA, whichever player they think that is.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

• The draft is kind of like relationships.

If you go into it needy, you're going to fail. You'll make poor choices and inevitably miss out on better prospects through impatience and desperation.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

• I'd choose Billings, Robinson or a Rankings. I'd love JS/PC to take advantage of this draft class with DT in rounds 1 & 2. The second round I'd love to see more of a versatile DT in Day or Bullard.
    Blaze808
    NET Practice Squad

• Billings, to me, is a somewhat surprising player. Usually the guys with the big bench stats have funny body types and aren't able to straff down the line and play laterally, but he can. His closing burst is also really surprising. He's a player who could challenge at both DT spots and give us some flexibility. I think he and Nkemdiche are probably the two most versatile DTs in the draft at least athletically.

That doesn't necessarily mean that I'm missing out on a Kawaan Short type player, who doesn't really blow up any one physical category. Short was a master at leverage and hand fighting and that's what makes him so good. Admittedly, I haven't gotten as deep into scouting this year as previous years.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

• To me it has to be best OC or an OT that can also play LG. We just have to do something about our interior O-Line play this season. It often times looked like a division 3 college line trying to pass block in the NFL.

If PC and JS just don't want to look O-Line early then the only other choice is the best 3tech DT left on the board.

But I will be pissed if they neglect the interior O-Line again.
    kf3339
    NET Veteran

• OL for me.
    L.O.B.
    Adopt a rookie: Tre Flowers
    raisethe3
    NET Veteran

• I'd say any position on the O-line....more specific OT, C, OG in that order.
    BeanieHawk
    NET Bench Warmer

• vin.couve12 wrote:The draft is kind of like relationships.

If you go into it needy, you're going to fail. You'll make poor choices and inevitably miss out on better prospects through impatience and desperation.

Yes, I can change that though.......
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

• Hard to say without knowing which runs happens in front of them, but this draft is likely going to have friggin awesome DT value at the bottom of the first and top of the second.

It's a positon of need for the Hawks too.

I'd say either get knockout value on one of the DTs or reach a hair on one of the second round OGs.

Behind door three though, if available I'd say trade down. The Hawks increasingly have a depth problem and a cap problem, and stocking up on picks is the way to solve both of those problems at the same time.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

• I went with BPA, reason being this draft isn't stacked and is likely to fall weird as teams move and trade for a QB or GM's go for a target they think is rated high disrupting the many mocks sequence's we have seen. Letting the draft come to us I think is what is going to happen anyway.

I am also thinking the players from like 15 or 20 to 45 to 50 are going to be rated pretty close and we could drop into the second with multiple picks there and the 4th or third.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Atradees wrote:Will scream at tv if we dont go Olineman

So will I. I like that Conklin guy out of Michigan State, but I just don't know if he'll be available by pick 26.
    nrayorr
    NET Rookie

• I don't really see many mock drafts with a Center being taken, nor do i see Center rankings with anyone getting better than a 2nd or 3rd round grade. I'm not going to pretend to know who the best Center is, but it appears as though the Hawks could grab their #1 or #2 ranked Center in the 2nd or 3rd round...maybe even 4th or 5th if they judge with weird metrics.

Because of that, it would make much more sense to trade back and pick up an extra 2nd rounder, unless the hawks see a player they really don't want to miss out on.
    bjornanderson21
    NET Veteran

• I think you have to always approach it as taking BPA .. but I really hope the BPA happens to play on the offensive line.
    ImTheScientist wrote:This guy is the closest thing to beast mode we will ever see. You got a glimpse of that yesterday. He was instantly my favorite player when they signed him. Give the dude a chance and don't overreact or overthink preseason. Go Hawks. Lacy will rush for 1,100 and 10TDs. Bend the knee.
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• I'd go in looking first to OL but I would not reach. The Stanford guard out of puyallup would be nice in the second. Maybe a reach in the first unless he could play center too.
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran

• Better a Tier 1 DT than a Tier 2 OT.
    When a person is dead, he doesn't know he's dead .. Same goes for being stupid.
    chet380
    NET Veteran

• City Of Reign wrote:Rob Nkemdiche :snack:

If Nkemdiche is available and we don't take him I will riot.
    4/27/13 - I was there #humblethug
    "He looked like a bad man," Sherman said, "and I knew we were alright."
    TheRealDTM
    NET Veteran

• TheRealDTM wrote:
    City Of Reign wrote:Rob Nkemdiche :snack:

Reminds me of Suh in a lot of ways. Both the good and the bad...
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

• I think the DT talent at 26 is going to be significantly superior to the oline talent at that point.

There are things about Nkimdiche, Billings, V Butler, and A'Shawn that would get me pumped about either of them.

Particularly A'Shawn and Billings (how young they are and how the proper coaching could develop them into pass rushers), Butler is just an all around nice player. Doug Farrar's write ups on each of them for SI has me really interested in them.
    kobebryant
    NET Veteran

• It really depends on what position(s) on the O-line Pete and John want to improve the most. If they're not sold on Gilliam/Sowell at LT or Webb at RT there could be a good chance we go OT in the first. After late first/early second there won't be a lot of day 1 starting caliber tackles left so we would have to strike there with our first pick. I think Carroll really likes the LT competition we have going on and looking at the contract Webb got they trust him enough to at least hold the fort down this year. Glow also seems to have won over the coaches and will more than likely start at RG but center and especially LG could use an upgrade.

Point is that taking a center in the first round would be a reach. Even Ryan Kelly. The guard position really depends on what they want there. Do they want a guy who can play guard at first to later take over one of the tackle spots (Think guys like Ifedi, Coleman or maybe Whitehair) or do they want a guy like Glowinski who can really make the LG spot his own (Garnett, Mcgovern or Westerman for example)? If it's the first scenario we're looking at a 1st or trading up in the 2nd but the second, and more likely, scenario could be handled by staying put in the 2nd or even waiting for the 3rd and still get a top class guy.

That said, I think the OL situation can be handled without using a first rounder. Then we look at our next biggest holes: RB - we only have 2 on the roster and our leading back is coming off an injury, DT - interior pass rush is still not addressed and Siliga might not be the stop gap some are expecting as a run stuffer either, SAM - last year's starter left and we haven't brought in anyone new to take over and we're thus left with two back ups going at it.

Which one of the three would I choose? Easy, DT. SAM isn't a position worthy of a first rounder and neither is a 3rd down RB (even a number 1 RB can be gotten after the first round quite easily nowadays). DT on the other hand has plenty strong options available when we pick. I wouldn't be surprised if one of those guys is exactly what we're looking for.
    Overseasfan
    NET Veteran

• DL is what I suspect the Hawks will select. And I would select the best pass rusher available.
    Thomas Paine: To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

• Given we gave Wilson 20M a year I'm hoping we draft OL and WR every chance we have until he retires. So obviously that means we will draft some Bruce Irvin type, a running back and a defensive back as soon as possible while drafting some nobody DL guy with the express purposes of starting him at C or LT. In fact we'll probably draft two such projects and start both of them.
    MizzouHawkGal
    .NET Protector of the Hotties

• Funny how we have only been to no less than 2 superbowls under PC/JS and we don't draft what the "experts" or fans think we should every year but still many on here can't get with the program or see the light. These guys draft who THEY believe will fit into our system not the bpa as ranked by the kipers of the world. Our first pick will either a traded away because they don't value the guy they want in the first round, or it will be a guy who everyone else says should go in the later rounds will be a reach that everyone here and the media hates and the guy will make the probowl in his second year. Just saying.... You can expect the unexpected with these guys. We'll get an F from Kiper and he'll have to change it to an A in two years. I'll be happy with whoever we pick because this FO has proven they know what they want when they want it and those guys produce.
    Schadie001
    NET Veteran

• All I would add is that Pete's more excited about the defensive talent in this draft than what's been available in the past couple of drafts. We'll see soon enough.
    "You don't always get to play playoff games at home, or conference championships at home, or superbowls at home. You have to have the mindset that you can play to your potential wherever you are." - Pete Carroll
    nwHawk
    NET Veteran

• Ryan kelly is going to be the best center to come out in a while, would like to see that happen. If William Jackson III falls, would be hard for me to want to see them pass him up. He has L.O.B written all over him in my opinion.
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran

• TheRealDTM wrote:

Burn this mother down.
    Subzero717
    NET Veteran

• Schadie001 wrote:Funny how we have only been to no less than 2 superbowls under PC/JS and we don't draft what the "experts" or fans think we should every year but still many on here can't get with the program or see the light. These guys draft who THEY believe will fit into our system not the bpa as ranked by the kipers of the world. Our first pick will either a traded away because they don't value the guy they want in the first round, or it will be a guy who everyone else says should go in the later rounds will be a reach that everyone here and the media hates and the guy will make the probowl in his second year. Just saying.... You can expect the unexpected with these guys. We'll get an F from Kiper and he'll have to change it to an A in two years. I'll be happy with whoever we pick because this FO has proven they know what they want when they want it and those guys produce.

Others and I have said the same thing pretty much over the last 3 yrs.I understand and agree with the whole post
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• The more I think of it, if Jaylon Smith falls to our spot I, can see JS possibly taking him. The guy is a great talent and we have the players on the roster to fill his spot until he's ready to come back.

Thoughts?
    seabowl
    NET Veteran

• We will find out later this week after medical re-checks whether he is a 1st rd pick or a 4th-5th rd pick. I would say no for us but he is a great kid with a great attitude. Hope it works out for him.
    penihawk
    NET Veteran

• P, because Ryan is getting long in the tooth.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

• PUNTER! :3:
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

• seabowl wrote:The more I think of it, if Jaylon Smith falls to our spot I, can see JS possibly taking him. The guy is a great talent and we have the players on the roster to fill his spot until he's ready to come back.

Thoughts?

If I was the Hawks' GM I'd say no for two reasons:

1) Assuming he can get back to where he was (let alone ever even play again) it would be a waste of his talent to plug him into Irvin's old spot, and Wright and Wagner are playing too well in their spots to start shuffling them around (I think Wright is actually much better on the weak side -- where Jaylon should be -- than on the strong side).

2) While an incredibly talented team, the Seahawks really lack depth, and have also had their non-elite starter talent pilfered off the roster for a couple years now. They're at a place where I think an above average starter in the trenches (on either side) is more important to them than a high-risk/high-reward guy like Jaylon. The Seahawks should be trying to get out of the first run hitting a double, not swinging for a home run with a high chance of striking out.

That said, I'm not the Hawks' GM, and JS/PC seem to have a bit of a pernicious "smartest guy in the room" streak when it comes to their drafting, and this would definitely fit that schtick.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

• seabowl wrote:The more I think of it, if Jaylon Smith falls to our spot I, can see JS possibly taking him. The guy is a great talent and we have the players on the roster to fill his spot until he's ready to come back.

Thoughts?

I don't think you can justify a 1st rd pick on a guy with an injury like that. A later rd flyer is a different matter.
    The FO has done pretty well at finding LB talent. O-Line is another matter.

They need someone with that pick who can take a starting role right away (after brief competition of course).
    Give me some damn skittles...
    Basis4day
    * NET Moderator *

• A lineman. O or D, whichever has the best talent available.

If it's some other position, it's a bit of a disappointment.
    TwilightError
    NET Veteran

• They're going to go pass rushing DT or trade down IMO. I do believe they'll draft several interior o-linemen and/or one T prospect, just not in round 1.
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Best O-lineman available.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    * NET Moderator *

• Using a 1st round pick to actually draft a player in the first round goes against everything JS stands for. Were falling back or trading for a high-profile player that is sure to at least make 2 games this season.
    hawksincebirth wrote:
    So Russell has leverage but marshawn doesn't ? I thought its next man up. Hey we got t jack and bj Daniels right ??
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

• Interior lineman, either offense or defense, pass rusher or running back.
    McGruff
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• nrayorr wrote:
    Atradees wrote:Will scream at tv if we dont go Olineman

So will I. I like that Conklin guy out of Michigan State, but I just don't know if he'll be available by pick 26.

I am startin to like the thought of Le'Raven Clark. Seems like a heady kid. Looong arms. Yeah.

Twenty six might be a tad early for Clark. We may be able to trade down and still get him.

Olson: Do you think you found those hobbies as kind of a peaceful escape?

Clark: For sure, it’s peaceful and nice to get away from the struggles of life, I guess. I don’t party or go out or anything. Usually hunting or fishing is where I’m at. Hanging out in the woods somewhere. Just trying to get away.

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/97824/qa-texas-tech-ot-leraven-clark

A reveiw from Em Diggy!

Atradees
    NET Veteran

• Well if Clark likes hunting and fishing, this is the place for him.

I went BPA, as I think the OT and DT talent at the bottom of the 1st will be deep. I mean, if you really held a gun to my head, I'd go OT and then 3 tech DT but only because I think that the value at OT will be a bit better. I think there will be a run on pass rushers in the first, and then we can get whoever we want in the 2nd or maybe even 3rd in that second tier.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

• vin.couve12 wrote:The draft is kind of like relationships.

So it's your belief that there isn't a high quality O-Lineman in this Draft?
    And what if the BP on your list is gone by the time you make your selection.
    There's a possibility that we luck out and get the BPA and one of our biggest need (Offensive Lineman) and kill two birds with one stone with our first pick, as there's no guarantee that whomever is picked first will become a surefire hit.
    I think it's just as possible that they have a win/win with a player of need....No such thing as fool-proof.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• For me if there is a top teir CB available that fits our LOB mold that would be my choice.

We all saw last year what happens without talent across from Sherman. I am excited we re-signed Lane and he's been one of my favorite non-superstar seahawks since he came into the league; if you search my post history you'll know I was on board with him from the time I saw him loving the game so much he was starting fights with golden tate in practice just trying to compete as much as possible. However picking up another superstar CB would really shore up what was a huge defensive weakness for us last year.

Jalen Ramsey will be long gone but if Eli Apple is available, I would take him all day every day. Rashard Robinson out of LSU could be another good fit and might be available in round 2 or 3 or later. I also like Cyrus Jones out of Alabama even though he is a little smaller than our usual prototype LOB CB. Deiondre' Hall could also be another late round guy with size and arm length.

Eli Apple
    6'1", 199 LBS, 4.4 40, 31 3/8" arm length
    compared to: Trumaine Johnson
    Projected Round: Late 1 / Early 2

Rashard Robinson
    6'1", 179 LBS, 4.49 40, 32 1/4" arm length
    compared to: Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
    Projected Round: Late 3 / Early 4

Cyrus Jones
    5'10", 197 LBS, 4.49 40, 32 3/8 arm length
    compared to: Steven Nelson
    Projected Round: 4-5

Diondre' Hall
    6'2", 199 LBS, 4.68 40, 34 3/8 arm length
    compared to: Trumaine Johnson
    Projected Round: Late 3 / Early 4
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

• Subzero717 wrote:
    TheRealDTM wrote:

Burn this mother down.

What does a three man riot look like?

We might get an OT, but for the most part Pete/John bought in toTom's scheme... learn to live with the DT Hybrid O-line with a possibly drafted OT. Really. Ain't worth a riot, guys.

I predict RB or WR.
    Journalism is dead, it's been replaced by creative writing aka fake news.
    Critical thinking is pretty much dead too. I miss the hearsay rule.
    The concept of "ethic" has been stripped from the Journalism curriculum.
    Rocket
    * .NET Attention Whore *

• Trade down 6-7 spots, get another 5th rounder, pick the best center available and start
    to build your offensive line from there.

This will never happen as long as Tom Cable is here. He views every college lineman as
    a project to be re-trained to his specs. Unfortunately, that takes some time similar to the
    way our cornerbacks have to learn the Seahawk method.

I'm not advocating for Tom Cable's departure. He seems to get good results given the
    lo-ball approach the team takes with respect to their offensive line. It's just a little frustrating
    to see linemen we could have had go elsewhere and play well. All because the Seahawks
    don't seem to value them as much as others who do not feel the need to completely
    re-make them.

After all that I voted for defensive line. Interior pass rush is a big need as well as depth of
    rotation. Those guys seem to go fast so you need a plan B,C, and D. We also have need for
    a running back, SAM backer, additional edge rush, maybe a QB to be mentored, some
    offensive linemen and some more offensive linemen.
    "All in the game yo, all in the game"
    Omar Devon Little
    1980-2007
    two dog
    NET Veteran

• My position would be to take the highest player rated on my board that is left where I would be picking...unless, of course, some other team offered what I consider to be a good deal... That is the position I would take.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:24 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information