OT Bradley Sowell agrees to 1-year $1.5 million dollar deal

McGruff

Reaction score
Good cotract for a short utility lineman to provide competition and veteran insurance.

mikeak

Reaction score
If this "value" was signed at other positions I would say MEH

Any addition to our offensive line is a plus in my opinion. He was on a very good team last year so intriguing to see what he can do.

Atradees

Reaction score
Yay. We we signed a Tackle....1.5 million? Do fat dudes in the NFL get outta bed for that much money?

Largent80

Reaction score
Looking forward to the draft myself. We got a guy for 1 year with not much to show I'm meh, sue me.
I really want the Hawks to build a decent o line.

Atradees

Reaction score
To be honest. We are terrible at drafting O lineman. We should sign 4 or 5 journeymen free agents and be way better.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
He has experience at multiple positions so he's at the very least a Bailey replacement, which is nice. He could have some potential and become a low key very good signing similar to Rubin last year. In any case I'm happy we're brining in some FA competetion for the O-line.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Awesome. Firebee called this one.

His resume doesn't warrant much more than vet minimum, so this tender-level contract seems to indicate that Schneidy & Co. saw something they liked.

mikeak

Reaction score
nanomoz":r26so442 said:
Awesome. Firebee called this one.

His resume doesn't warrant much more than vet minimum, so this tender-level contract seems to indicate that Schneidy & Co. saw something they liked.

and a one-year deal indicates he believes in himself as well and will be motivated to play hard

MysterMatt

Reaction score
It's a solid depth signing and buys us some flexibility. At the price, we've plenty more room to add more.

Willyeye

Reaction score
I hope Firebee ends up being right about this guy. Not surprising that Sowell could get lost on Arizona's roster trying to compete with Jared Veldheer. Maybe we'll get really lucky and Sowell will end up being the steal of 2016 Free Agency. If he's half as good as Veldheer, that would make him twice as good as Okung. :D

kearly

Reaction score
Had Seattle kept Alvin Bailey on the minimum tender, it would have cost $1.67 million. Money is pretty close. Which tells you that Seattle thinks Sowell is better than Bailey, or at least that Sowell is more palatable than Bailey.