Preliminary Expectations For The 2016 Hawks

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It's always a bit fun to look ahead. It's our right as fans. Clearly this is meant for fun and not any hardcore analysis since we have no idea what our 53 man roster is going to look like come late August.

Okay, maybe we have some kind of idea given the obvious main stays.

So just for fun, what are your expectations for the 2016 Seahawks?

Russell has cemented himself in the conversation as truly one of the elite QB's in the game. Lynch is gone, I can only assume Rawls is going to step up and continue his trajectory which should be Pro Bowl caliber running. A HUGE concern is our OL to state the obvious. Our DL has shifted as well with the losses in FA. It's great to get Lane back, and I ain't mad at Kearse being back.

Again, there are many variables yet to be played out so based on what we know at this moment, in March, what are your expectations for 2016?

Here's mine:

Seahawks win the division at 11-5.

Seahawks beat the Panthers in the NFCCG.

Seahawks beat the Patriots in a fantastic rematch in SB51.

Erebus

Reaction score
I also expect a Super Bowl win, but I think we'll do better than 11-5. To get there, first I expect another good draft like '10, '11, '12, or '15.

I expect Russell to be in the MVP conversation all year. I know we got this excited after Russell blew up in the second half of 2012 and we expected more of the same in 2013, but this time it's more reasonable to expect it considering his stage of development.

I expect Rawls to pick up right where he left off.

Although the offensive line is a concern, I expect it to be fixed in the draft (and maybe even some late-addition free agents) and not the liability it was last year.

I expect the defense to be better with a rebound year from Kam, improved play all year at RCB without Cary Williams, and probably improved pass rush with a year of development under Frank Clark's belt and a draft pick.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
I like to keep my expectations low, it helps prevent disappointment. I'm going to say 9-7 and miss the playoffs.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I am expecting a team similar to last year: 10-6 or 11-5 and we complain about the O-line struggles all season.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
My wife asked me last night how I thought our team would do next season. My response was "we have a chance to win the Super Bowl. Anytime you have a great QB, you have a chance. The position is that important in football. Of course you don't always win it, but you're always in the hunt with the great QB. Remember I told you his rookie season he'd win 3 as our QB before he retired? He should already have 2 but unfortunately, he's got one so far. But I'm sticking with at least 3. Maybe this year will be number 2."

Pete said at the end of the year there would be increased competition at the o-line and I'm hopeful that means at least one FA and a couple of draft choices. If we get better o-line play and keep the DBs healthy and Bennett healthy I think we're a 12-4 kind of team.

drdiags

Reaction score
I am expecting Rawls to have some problems due to his injury recovery coming out the gate. Same with Graham. Not sure what to think about the OL, I suspect it will be nip and tuck for awhile.

I think the team will have its usual dog-fight within the division.

For some more positive thoughts, I think the team will win the division and have a decent showing from this year's draft class.

kf3339

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":j7a6xl8m said:
My wife asked me last night how I thought our team would do next season. My response was "we have a chance to win the Super Bowl. Anytime you have a great QB, you have a chance. The position is that important in football. Of course you don't always win it, but you're always in the hunt with the great QB. Remember I told you his rookie season he'd win 3 as our QB before he retired? He should already have 2 but unfortunately, he's got one so far. But I'm sticking with at least 3. Maybe this year will be number 2."

Pete said at the end of the year there would be increased competition at the o-line and I'm hopeful that means at least one FA and a couple of draft choices. If we get better o-line play and keep the DBs healthy and Bennett healthy I think we're a 12-4 kind of team.

The question of more competition at the O-Line position is not the point to me. The answer is better initial talent. The amount of time given to coaches to teach in the off season and training camp I think limits the ability to prepare raw and especially conversion projects for the demands of playing in the NFL. That is why I have such a problem with how we have minimized our O-Line priority the last few seasons.

So the OP's question right now is very hard to even project other than just a wild guess.

For me I will say 9-7 to 10-6 either missing the playoffs, or early playoff exit. Not at all what I want, but unless the line can quickly be brought up to even an average level of competence that is what I see right now. So far they have done absolutely nothing to improve the O-Line.

dadof3

Reaction score
It's quite obvious they will be 19-0, the only question is do they win all of the pre-season games?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1czz55m6 said:
I am expecting a team similar to last year: 10-6 or 11-5 and we complain about the O-line struggles all season.
Right now before the second/third wave of free agency and the draft this is my exact expectation. But given neither has happened and we have the one thing that always gives you a realistic chance to win a Superbowl every year (a 1st tier quarterback) I expect my expectation to change upwards pretty quickly.

RussB

Reaction score
1st round bye in playoffs this year. Beat vikings and panthers in playoffs.

RussB

Reaction score
:?
HawkFan72":3saagkqg said:
I dont think it will be like that. The secondary will be ready and wont have distractions like cary williams and the kam holdout. O line should be better.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Defensively it will depend on who Mebanes replacement is and if we can generate a better pass rush on 3rd down. If we do I expect a 5th straoght season leading the league in scoring.

Offensively, it all comes down to the OL. If the OL can move up from 30th to even 20th in the league for pass blocking, I expect Russ to stake his claim as the best QB in the game. I'm talking 4000 yds 45TD 7 INT 70% kind of year. If the OL continues to blow, probably another good offense in the top 10 but not the elite offense we saw the 2nd half of 2015.

kearly

Reaction score
I'm super excited to see that offense back on the field. I have some big questions but I suspect that Seattle will finish #1 in DVOA yet again.

If the breaks go their way, they'll win the SB. If not, they won't.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I expect the same M.O.:

Look like shit in the first half of the season, 12's pound their heads against the wall wondering what the hell is wrong with the Seahawks, and then they take off in the second half of the season, looking like the team we thought they were coming out of the gates in September.

As long as we win the division (and beyond), I'm good with that.

northseahawk

Reaction score
We need to get that #1 nfc spot. It's crucial now a days than before. We got to start fast .. season and each game. Can't do this 4th Qr stuff anymore.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Agreed. I just don't see how we break the pattern of slow starts and fast finishes. Whether it's in the game itself (slow first half, roar back in the second half) or the season, we can't seem to end this trend.

kearly

Reaction score
RussB":2yqi7wbm said:
:?
HawkFan72":2yqi7wbm said:
I dont think it will be like that. The secondary will be ready and wont have distractions like cary williams and the kam holdout. O line should be better.

The OL was much better after switching to a spread heavy offense. And the secondary was starting to look like it's old self towards the end.

And we can probably thank the SB hangover for the 4th quarter collapses and 2-4 start. It's going to be a new year with new problems. Hopefully the new issues will be minor.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Depends entirely on the draft. All we've done so far in free agency is let people walk.

crosfam

Reaction score
12-4, division winners. Win at home, then win NFC championship on the road, and beat the Cinderella Buffalo Bills in SB51.

kearly

Reaction score
Aros":nqu3i4jh said:
Agreed. I just don't see how we break the pattern of slow starts and fast finishes. Whether it's in the game itself (slow first half, roar back in the second half) or the season, we can't seem to end this trend.

The in game stuff is either a result of game conditions, or Bevell. It seemed like Bevell got a lot better at calling games after switching to spread heavy since it took the guessing out of his game plan.

In terms of season starts, it seems like the NFL always bones Seattle in their early games and then stacks all their easiest opponents in the second half of the year. Not sure why it keeps happening.

Latest posts