Hypothetical Free Agency "Mock Draft" Gives Seahawks LT

ShermanIsland

Reaction score
I found this interesting twist on a mock draft today, giving each team one free agent pick in draft order.

Some interesting notes:

- Russell Okung, Bruce Irvin, and Walter Thurmond all went before our pick.
- We took a 33 year old LT (yuck).
- Lamar Miller, Doug Martin, and Nick Fairly all made it us, but we passed.
- The Cardinals took a safety from the Rams.

Here is the full thing: http://walterfootball.com/draft2016freeagent_1.php

Obviously this would be a nightmare situation, but what are the chances we have to settle for a guy like Penn as the only new addition we can afford?

I would really like us to grab either Irvin, Okung or a suitable replacement for one of those guys in FA. We need to address DT, OG, C, and CB in the draft, and we don't have the picks to have to draft a LT and OLB as well.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
I don't really get it... This isn't how free agency works, what's the point?

AgentDib

Reaction score
walterfootball":2oyskucs said:
One such inept franchise is Seattle. What the hell is Pete Carroll doing? James Carpenter was a horrific reach at No. 25 last year, but Bruce Irvin was a billion times worse. He's just an athlete playing football, and he can only do one thing on the field. Plus, he was arrested for robbery earlier in his life and recently was arrested again for ruining public property. There's no way he should have gone in the top four rounds. Check out my 2012 NFL Draft Grades because I gave Seattle the worst grade in the history of this Web site.
For those with short memories 2012 is the year we drafted Irvin, Wagner, Wilson, Turbin, Lane, and Sweezy. Arguably one of the best drafts ever.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Lost all credibility when I read "If Okung wasn't injured as often he'd be the number one pick in this free agency mock draft." Okung is a good player, probably above average at left tackle. He is not a stud. I want him back on this roster only on a team friendly deal, even without the injury history and the fact that he is currently recovering from shoulder surgery.

firebee

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":3co6ew2z said:
Lost all credibility when I read "If Okung wasn't injured as often he'd be the number one pick in this free agency mock draft." Okung is a good player, probably above average at left tackle. He is not a stud. I want him back on this roster only on a team friendly deal, even without the injury history and the fact that he is currently recovering from shoulder surgery.

Walter Football.. only good for spotting a name or two that might not be on other people's boards, but not a great scouting or ranking source.

Basis4day

Reaction score
AgentDib":30k4e4gr said:
walterfootball":30k4e4gr said:
One such inept franchise is Seattle. What the hell is Pete Carroll doing? James Carpenter was a horrific reach at No. 25 last year, but Bruce Irvin was a billion times worse. He's just an athlete playing football, and he can only do one thing on the field. Plus, he was arrested for robbery earlier in his life and recently was arrested again for ruining public property. There's no way he should have gone in the top four rounds. Check out my 2012 NFL Draft Grades because I gave Seattle the worst grade in the history of this Web site.
For those with short memories 2012 is the year we drafted Irvin, Wagner, Wilson, Turbin, Lane, and Sweezy. Arguably one of the best drafts ever.

And Jaye Howard. Great player for the Chiefs.

Latest posts