Seahawks' Carroll makes quite an impression on Treadwell

Erebus

Reaction score
What I find most interesting is Pete spending time talking with a WR that is projected to be a 1st round pick. I understand the need for due diligence with all players, but they only have time to interview a certain amount of players.

randomation

Reaction score
Erebus":wbfyb5px said:
What I find most interesting is Pete spending time talking with a WR that is projected to be a 1st round pick. I understand the need for due diligence with all players, but they only have time to interview a certain amount of players.

There are a lot of people projecting his teammate as falling to around our pick and he is a risky pick has all the physical tools but worry about his drive. Pete could be using the meeting to also get a read on him.

Davidess

Reaction score
Most likely doing his do diligence. there have been talks of Treadwell falling in this draft due to him not running at the combine (not advocating for the pick just saying)

JS said they will pick BPA and not force a pick because it does more harm than good. so if the hawks have Treadwell as a 1st rounder on their board and he slides to 26 I wouldn't be surprised if they take him and attack the depth this draft has with DTs and Interior OL later on. Having him there at 26 is unlikely and again I am not advocating just pointing out haha.

AgentDib

Reaction score
If he's a guy that we like a lot then it's worth talking to him even if we think he might be going elsewhere; he could not work out on that other team and become available a couple years down the road. I'm not surprised by our interest given that he was outstanding at Ole Miss in the split end possession receiver role that we'd love to complement our other receivers with.

Not running the 40 when the primary knock on him was speed puts a big emphasis on his pro day and widens the range of outcomes significantly.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
AgentDib":1s7vylru said:
If he's a guy that we like a lot then it's worth talking to him even if we think he might be going elsewhere; he could not work out on that other team and become available a couple years down the road. I'm not surprised by our interest given that he was outstanding at Ole Miss in the split end possession receiver role that we'd love to complement our other receivers with.

Not running the 40 when the primary knock on him was speed puts a big emphasis on his pro day and widens the range of outcomes significantly.

Glad you brought this up. I have read articles in the past that talk about how the FO does just that. That they spend time recruiting guys they know they have no chance in drafting now in case of future trade and free agent interest. Very smart, I'm sure we are not the team that does though.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Well if JS PC drafts have taught us anything. Treadwell isn't anywhere near our draft board. PS/JC don't ever get linked to the guys they ultimately end up drafting. Their ability to keep the leaks from leaking is quite amazing in todays technology age.