Now we go back to being the Hunters

BadGuy711

Reaction score
I remember playing the Bears in 2006. We rolled in for a Primetime Game, nursing some major injuries with the the SB Hangover. And Chicago was JACKED. The hot team that year, they wanted to send a message: they were the team to beat in the NFC. The Hawks got beat up pretty bad.

Watching the Panthers last week, same thing. Newton and Thompson's antics only re enforced how badly they wanted to beat the Hawks. The Panthers, in my opinion, were simply the next team to play for the Seahawks players. They've been dealing with haymakers for 2 years.

This team, with obvious locker room issues and a few roster deficiencies, tired after 2 long seasons, first place schedules and the SB Hangover again, get a longer offseason to heal: Bodies and Spirits.

Happy to be the team next year that goes back on the hunt again. Rest of the NFL better not underestimate them.

Seymour

Reaction score
For the most part I agree with your analogy but am curious about what you believe "the obvious locker room issues" are. I too believe that played a factor and have my own ideas on possibilities but would not call them obvious.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Carroll compared the mentality and vibe after the loss in Carolina to when we lost to the Falcons in 2012.

So let's hope he's right and that's the kind of fire, hunger and focus we see next summer. I think it's possible, as long as we get all the contract distractions out of the way before August.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":ilvn3ey4 said:
Carroll compared the mentality and vibe after the loss in Carolina to when we lost to the Falcons in 2012.

So let's hope he's right and that's the kind of fire, hunger and focus we see next summer. I think it's possible, as long as we get all the contract distractions out of the way before August.

With all due respect, Pete also explained the loss as "we just ran out of time", so it could be his pro Pete spin on things.

I would love to ask Pete if we gave him more time, say 4 minutes, but it had to be in first half would he take it??

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":2gpg6oig said:
Sgt. Largent":2gpg6oig said:

With all due respect, Pete also explained the loss as "we just ran out of time", so it could be his pro Pete spin on things.

I would love to ask Pete if we gave him more time, say 4 minutes, but it had to be in first half would he take it??

Oh it's a pure Pete-ism.

But there's still some truth there, in 2012 we ALMOST had the right pieces and depth in place. If we shore up the O-line, take care of the contracts that need taking care of and add a couple free agents. We're back.

Obviously most important part is the dedication, fire and focus. The 2012 team was about as hungry for legitimacy as a team can get. Can this group that all got paid and already has a ring recreate that? Idk.

Jac

Reaction score
Seymour":1euz8faj said:
Sgt. Largent":1euz8faj said:

As a fan, I kind of feel the same way Carroll is describing it (which I appreciate is completely irrelevant). The SB loss was soul crushing. Even as a fan, I had a football hangover all offseason, all preseason, even into the season. It was like I needed a break too. I feel like this loss--and the way it played out--is going to light a fire.

RussB

Reaction score
I think the players will get hungry again now that they got knocked out of the playoffs and arent the NFC kings anymore.

BigMeach

Reaction score
How can you note feel that this is much like 2012?

It's almost exactly like 2012. The only difference is we've won a Superbowl in between.

Team loaded with talent, injuries at some bad positions or to great players. Traveling Thousands of miles for playoff games. Getting beat in first playoff game but comes back to win it, 2nd game gets whooped in the first half but makes a miraculous come back in 2nd half that's almost enough to win.

I am having trouble finding ways it isn't like 2012.

Zorn76

Reaction score
All things considered, this was good season.
We were 4-5, had to go 6-1 at that point just to make the playoffs, and did it.

Escaped with a win in Minny, before seeing things unravel in Carolina. Even then, still managed to play through until we came up short.

We were looking to be the 1st NFC team to reach 3 straight SB's, so there's no shame whatsoever that it didn't happen.
Cornerstone pieces are still in tact, the collective mental toughness is still strong, and we have a great F.O. to help add to it for the draft in April.

Like others, I think we do regroup and make another serious run at a Lombardi this fall. So many other teams would've folded at 4-5, we ended up becoming stronger. We played the toughest part of our schedule when you least like too - at the beginning of season - and (as we all know) blew a couple of games that we really should've had (Car, Cincy).

We'll be right there. We have some personnel issues to address this off season, but so does everybody else, and we're much closer than plenty of other teams to win it all again. We're in a good spot, folks.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
BigMeach":2tcawbo0 said:
How can you note feel that this is much like 2012?

It's almost exactly like 2012. The only difference is we've won a Superbowl in between.

Team loaded with talent, injuries at some bad positions or to great players. Traveling Thousands of miles for playoff games. Getting beat in first playoff game but comes back to win it, 2nd game gets whooped in the first half but makes a miraculous come back in 2nd half that's almost enough to win.

I am having trouble finding ways it isn't like 2012.

Like I said above, the only way it's different is do we know if the drive, hunger and focus is the same as it was after that Falcons playoff loss?

Most of stars are now paid, and some still aren't happy and want more money. So does the core group of this team still have the hunger and focus needed to make another run? idk, throw in other distractions like Hollywood, endorsements and family and it's a valid question.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
BadGuy711":3jfvp5t9 said:
I remember playing the Bears in 2006. We rolled in for a Primetime Game, nursing some major injuries with the the SB Hangover. And Chicago was JACKED. The hot team that year, they wanted to send a message: they were the team to beat in the NFC. The Hawks got beat up pretty bad.

Watching the Panthers last week, same thing. Newton and Thompson's antics only re enforced how badly they wanted to beat the Hawks. The Panthers, in my opinion, were simply the next team to play for the Seahawks players. They've been dealing with haymakers for 2 years.

This team, with obvious locker room issues and a few roster deficiencies, tired after 2 long seasons, first place schedules and the SB Hangover again, get a longer offseason to heal: Bodies and Spirits.

Happy to be the team next year that goes back on the hunt again. Rest of the NFL better not underestimate them.

Agreed.

The Panthers previously was kind of like us the couple of times we ran into the Niners before we really had their number and they whooped us.

The Seahawks were finally able to close the door on that rivalry with the Niners in a big way in front of a nationally televised audience for the NFC crown. This year was the Panthers year for payback. And it so happen to be during a big stage, the Divisional round.

I'm not even mad or angry. If the Seahawks were gonna get knocked off, I'm glad it was against Carolina. I never really had a problem with Carolina. They are now what the Seahawks used to be. They play with swagger, physicality, talk smack, and they are a young team. The Panthers have a good a shot as any remaining team to win it all.

Matter of fact, I hope they win. I'd rather see Carolina win than the Cards. But my first pick would be to see Manning get another ring. Manning is a very classy and respected player even to his opponents. I'd like to see him (Manning) get a second ring but I don't see him winning another one, not even going to another Bowl.

Should the Panthers win the Bowl and get their fame, their players and depth will get raided, it always does. Their players will get new contracts and it'll be tough for them to keep that swagger and edge of staying hungry. It's exactly what happened to the Seahawks. The Seahawks lost their fire.