Paul Richardson.

RussB

Reaction score
Will he ever stay healthy. Obviously talented but hasnt ever been healthy for a full season. Even had injury problems in college. Look at who was selected after him, Jarvis landry, martavis bryant and allen robinson, all big playmakers. Was he a waste of a pick since he cant stay healthy ?

King Dog

Reaction score
I'm thinking (hoping) he will be fine. Came back pretty quick from his ACL and just had bad luck with pulling his hammy. Should be ready to go next season.

He did look good on his one reception this year :)

McGruff

Reaction score
Barthawk":2vc2f0rj said:
too early.. he was starting to make plays late in the year including the play he tore his ACL.

Now, Chris McIntosh was a waste of pick.

That is really quite ironic since their stories are very similar.

McIntosh started 10 games as a rookie, and towards the end of his rookie season was developing into a dominant right tackle. One of the best. Then an injury derailed his career and he was never able to come back.

In fact, Chris would probably be LESS of a bust than Richardson because Chris' injury was a very isolated incident. He had no significant injury history prior to his pro career, whereas Richardson had significant injuries in college.

Evaluating them both based on their 1st two years, Chris was far more productive.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I have a feeling Richardson is going to be a surprise next year and really help out the offense. He was started to look really good before getting hurt his rookie year.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Richardson and Lockett on the field at the same time is going to be fun to see. They both have the ability to burn guys deep (was happy Richardson got a chance to show he can still do that on his one reception) and both have really good hands.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Would be a real shame if he can't get and stay health6. Exciting player.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
I'm quietly confident that Paul can contribute consistently in 2016.

From reports and indeed the albeit very limited evidence it appeared that Paul had recovered well from his surgery. The hamstring injury smacked of a guy being rushed back into physical activity, it's a common injury for explosive athletes making comebacks from long lay-offs. A full pre-season should serve him well.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
RussB":1xsv3vmd said:
Will he ever stay healthy. Obviously talented but hasnt ever been healthy for a full season. Even had injury problems in college. Look at who was selected after him, Jarvis landry, martavis bryant and allen robinson, all big playmakers. Was he a waste of a pick since he cant stay healthy ?
He is still cheap and still has potential, but the Hawks have to ASSUME that he will not stay healthy and make sure they have a replacement for him.

It is foolish to enter a season expecting an injury-prone player to help you.

When you build a roster you can't just assume the best. You have to assume that players who are always hurt will continue to get hurt. You have to assume that players who had a career year will not have a career year twice in a row (Baldwin).

At this point Richardson looks to be an injury bust, but as long as he is cheap he will be given chances to compete and produce for us.

blazen2392

Reaction score
seriously. what do people see in paul richardson?

He never showed any close to the potential Lockett has. What am i missing here?

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
blazen2392":2qred3aw said:

Go back and watch his college highlights tape.

He was the offense at Colorado and he still got his catches and TDs.

At this point, it's easy to see that Lockett has a much higher ceiling but Richardson has showed that he's a starter as well.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
So if we have Lockett, Baldwin, and eventually Richardson as quality starters, as much as we love Kearse I imagine getting him re-signed is on the lower end of priorities and definitely something they will not over pay for?

King Dog

Reaction score
blazen2392":slvmxr20 said:

I didn't see anything from Golden Tate early in his career. Some games he wasn't even active. He turned out fine.

Agreed about Richardson's college film. Nice

Silver Hawk

Reaction score
King Dog":1utzuznx said:
I'm thinking (hoping) he will be fine. Came back pretty quick from his ACL and just had bad luck with pulling his hammy. Should be ready to go next season.

He did look good on his one reception this year :)

This. He came back too soon. He still has a great opportunity.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
blazen2392":29ahunei said:

Why must Lockett be the measuring stick? Richardson was developing into one of our better WRs, until the process derailed when he injured his ACL. He's shown enough promise, but durability is the big question.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
King Dog":5woc7o7r said:
blazen2392":5woc7o7r said:

I didn't see anything from Golden Tate early in his career. Some games he wasn't even active. He turned out fine.

Naw, you got it all wrong. Every one of the great WR's, past and present, busted out in their first year just as Lockett did. Cut all of 'em that don't meet that standard! SARCASM OFF. :D

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
King Dog":204xd6qg said:
blazen2392":204xd6qg said:

What you saw from Tate was durability. Not so with small Paul.

Bwarren

Reaction score
Richardson is a bust. Can't stay healthy to save his life. 90% of people don't improve after ACL surgery. Time to find the next Lockette in the draft only BIGGER.