I knew a very key matchup was going to be Chancelor/Olsen

Marlin Man

Reaction score
and indeed it was, I just watched the game again, and frankly guys, Cam is not stopping ANY pass- he can stil wrap em up/knock em down but always AFTER the recption. He is not the player he used to be- time to move on Pete

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yes totally. Let's get rid of one of the best and most destructive Safety's the NFL has seen in the 21st Century because of one semi-down year. Sounds like a plan!

(I will be happy to send you the definition of sarcasm if you request).

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Hes done. he's a complete liability in coverage and hasn't hit anyone hard in a year. This after he said he was the healthiest he has ever been. Something isn't adding up. He looks like a completely different player and not in a good way.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
My worry with Kam wasn't this season, its the seasons on the horizon. I think the hold out didn't help his performance on the field. But I am worried he's going to pull this crap again next year and we just can't afford to deal with that

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":22gzbilg said:
My worry with Kam wasn't this season, its the seasons on the horizon. I think the hold out didn't help his performance on the field. But I am worried he's going to pull this crap again next year and we just can't afford to deal with that
Im not worried about a holdout next year, his performance was so poor he has even less leverage than he did last year.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Not one time did Kam have coverage on Olsen. The only time Kam even tackled the guy is when he came up from his safety position to knock the piss out of him while Shead was trailing Olsen.

Why lie about it?

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Seriously, ya'll need to quit this nonsense. Either making ish up or have some premeditated agenda because you simply don't like the guy.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
vin.couve12":63m4dxne said:
Not one time did Kam have coverage on Olsen. The only time Kam even tackled the guy is when he came up from his safety position to knock the piss out of him while Shead was trailing Olsen.

Why lie about it?

Thanks for mentioning that minor detail.

RussB

Reaction score
I though he had an ok game to be honest. Definataly doesnt play like he used to though.

rcaido

Reaction score
Game winning punchout against the Lions & also the fumble he did on Peterson.

If he's a distraction like this season then ship him out but if he will playout his contract then of course keep one of the most intimidating SS in the game. He is still worth the money!

justafan

Reaction score
The TD to Olsen was a perfect pass that split the double coverage and Olson made a great carch.At the end of the day what did he have 80 yards.He is a very good TE and Newton is a great player who passed for 160 yds,but they didnt beat us.If you told me the passing stats of Newton and Olsen before the game,i would have taken that without hesitation.

TOs lost the game yesterday.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
rcaido":3521tmpw said:

If he's a distraction like this season then ship him out but if he will playout his contract then of course keep one of the most intimidating SS in the game. He is still worth the money!

Show me one big Kam hit this year. There weren't any. I don't know how you could watch him this year and think he is even remotely the same player he has been in the past. Its not about liking the guy, I love him but he's a shadow of his former self.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":20edp7o9 said:
Show me one big Kam hit this year. There weren't any.

kambam.0.gif

RussB

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":3k589nyy said:
rcaido":3k589nyy said:

Show me one big Kam hit this year. There weren't any. I don't know how you could watch him this year and think he is even remotely the same player he has been in the past. Its not about liking the guy, I love him but he's a shadow of his former self.

The hit on calvin above ^^^. He had a hit on olsen yesterday, also injured one of the cardinals players in our first game against them.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Kam did have a near soul stealing hit on Olsen but it wasn't enough to keep Olsen out long enough to not catch that time consuming 1st down.I still cannot believe no one covered him that ball took forever to get there(high pass).I have mixed feelings about Kam due to his baby attitude cost us 1-2 games.I know he saved the Detroit game/AP fumble..Hope he comes back ready to play like he used to all the time

themunn

Reaction score
Could have sworn he batted down a sure TD at one point

And Olsen caught 6 balls for 77 yards:

1 was a 27 yard pass where Sherman was the one that left him wide open
1 was a perfectly thrown TD pass that was covered by Lane and Wright

I know at least one more was wide open on the sideline and wasn't Kam's responsibility, which means that over the course of the game, Chancellor was unable to stop Olsen for 3 passes totalling less than 30 yards.
One of the league's best players.

Get a grip

vin.couve12

Reaction score
justafan":2c6vw1ee said:
The TD to Olsen was a perfect pass that split the double coverage and Olson made a great carch.At the end of the day what did he have 80 yards.He is a very good TE and Newton is a great player who passed for 160 yds,but they didnt beat us.If you told me the passing stats of Newton and Olsen before the game,i would have taken that without hesitation.

TOs lost the game yesterday.
Kam was not on Olsen on tha play. Kam wasn't even in the screen.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Kam right now is the kind of player Bill Belichick would ruthlessly unload. He's right the cusp of completely falling off due to age and injuries, but it hasn't totally happened yet. He's got one more good year at most in him and then the decline will be ultra swift. BB would unload him now for a pick, allocate the big veteran salary to more useful parts of the roster, and keep on winning games. It can hurt fans' feelings, sure. But he's proven its key to long term success. PC and JS should follow suit.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
OK I guess he was in the screen. He was playing deep middle. Technically, Wright trailed and probably shouldn't have and just stayed in the flat. This was Lane's guy.

Also, I've touched on this before, but Kam has played deep middle (FS) more this year and has contributed to him not being in position for the huge hits you crave.If you're playing deep you can't kill someone on a crossing pattern.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/carolina-pant ... e-end-zone

Mojambo

Reaction score
If he's willing to come play on his current deal, I see no reason not to bring him back. But he's not the same player.

They should probably be thinking about grooming a successor this year, that is if they want to keep playing this scheme.