This stinks...............

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Still cannot shake this game. The build up for it, coming out flat, getting blown out and fighting back just to fall short...............it just sucks. I cannot believe this season is over and will be the last time we see this version of the Hawks again. Well, I don't know where I was going with this thread, but there you have it.

Rob12

Reaction score
Blitzer88":f99mkamj said:
Still cannot shake this game. The build up for it, coming out flat, getting blown out and fighting back just to fall short...............it just sucks. I cannot believe this season is over and will be the last time we see this version of the Hawks again. Well, I don't know where I was going with this thread, but there you have it.

It's OK, man.

It just wasn't our season. It never was. Some egos had a huge effect on this team this season. I trust, perhaps against my better judgment, that those egos will be dealt with.

On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the worst pain, last year's SB was a 15 for me. Today's loss was about a 5. You just have to shake it off. The players will get a slightly extended break this season, and will stew on this loss for the entirety of the offseason. It wasn't pretty, but this was a game that we were going to lose. It sucks, but accept it and move on. Six months from now, most of these guys and a few new young rookies will be reporting for training camp.

Clean slate, and hopefully some lessons learned.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Blitzer88":b5sd2i8d said:

There's better things to obsess over. No surprise here. Pete decided the 'new season' should start the same as the regular season, so back to run, run, PA until Cable slapped him upside the head (my version) at halftime. This angle actually has merit, because it was Cable who said (way before this game) that Marshawn would have to adjust to the new offense.

That didn't happed in the first half, so most likely it was Pete overriding him. Cabs is assistant HC, so Bevell couldn't override Cabs if he wanted to. Then, something funny happened in the second half...we went back to what was successful, Marshawn adjusted just fine, and we ROLLED. Too little to late though. There is no mystery here to keep you up at night...same HC we've had since 2010.

Zorn76

Reaction score
1st half disaster I did not see coming at all, and the complete loss of composure that came with. Total panic, which is understandable to a certain degree, but there was still 11 minutes or so left in the 1st QT when we were down 14-0.

Just one TD before halftime could've made a big difference.

Beyond that - really hoping some changes come coaching wise. IMO, the Tom and Darrell show has run its course.
Those who want them to stay probably get their wish, however.

Crizilla

Reaction score
barring injury, we will be better next season. This season was riddled with injuries and weird stuff.

justafan

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1k2sit9r said:
Blitzer88":1k2sit9r said:

There's better things to obsess over. No surprise here. Pete decided the 'new season' should start the same as the regular season, so back to run, run, PA until Cable slapped him upside the head (my version) at halftime. This angle actually has merit, because it was Cable who said (way before this game) that Marshawn would have to adjust to the new offense.

That didn't happed in the first half, so most likely it was Pete overriding him. Cabs is assistant HC, so Bevell couldn't override Cabs if he wanted to. Then, something funny happened in the second half...we went back to what was successful, Marshawn adjusted just fine, and we ROLLED. Too little to late though. There is no mystery here to keep you up at night...same HC we've had since 2010.

I doubt we went run run pa once in the 1st half.
If we would have we may have won.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
justafan":2jwq5elp said:
HawKnPeppa":2jwq5elp said:
Blitzer88":2jwq5elp said:

WOW!

This tells me either.

1. You didn't watch the game.
2. You didn't know what you were watching, when you watched the game.

hawker84

Reaction score
well to be fair he might be right, we fell so far behind so quick, I don't think we had time to run our regular game plan, could be wrong. but either way, soon as we went down 21, I said to myself, good now Pete & Bevell will be forced to put the ball in Russ's hands and stop with the Run Run Pass crap....

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Zorn76":mgel3nml said:
Beyond that - really hoping some changes come coaching wise. IMO, the Tom and Darrell show has run its course.
Those who want them to stay probably get their wish, however.

Yeah, I wouldn't even bother hoping for that.

Teams don't fire their coordinators after going 10-6 and winning a playoff game. It just doesn't happen.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Crizilla":3f6k6eto said:
barring injury, we will be better next season. This season was riddled with injuries and weird stuff.

I think most of the players were still going through the five phases of loss at the beginning of the season. They just were...off. They still played well enough to beat the average teams, but being off against good teams was their undoing.

On to next season.

The WORST part of this season for me is that there aren't many good games to go back and watch. Close losses and blowouts...time for some 2013 reruns.

Largent80

Reaction score
I'm already over it, and look forward to next year and going to New Orleans to party and watch the Hawks !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":3t1x5rr2 said:
justafan":3t1x5rr2 said:
HawKnPeppa":3t1x5rr2 said:
Blitzer88":3t1x5rr2 said:

WOW!

This tells me either.

1. You didn't watch the game.
2. You didn't know what you were watching, when you watched the game.

Hawks had 12 total offensive run plays, including Shead's. Lynch carried the ball 5 times in the first half. Only in the Hawks' 2nd possession did he have 2 or more carries (5 yards and 1 yard, both on 1st downs). There were never 2 consecutive run plays on any 1st half possession. IMO that does not explain 31-0.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
rideaducati":33tgko80 said:
Crizilla":33tgko80 said:

I think most of the players were still going through the five phases of loss at the beginning of the season. They just were...off. They still played well enough to beat the average teams, but being off against good teams was their undoing.

On to next season.

The WORST part of this season for me is that there aren't many good games to go back and watch. Close losses and blowouts...time for some 2013 reruns.

What about the minne playoff game? he he he..

I am done with the season too. On to New Orleans...like Largent80 says, and he put his pic up in his avatar. That is not like him. LOL

I will be watching the other games, tho as we need to scout out the competition, for next season...

Optimus25

Reaction score
If it makes you feel any better, last year's nfccg shouldn't have happened. Even after the onsides, scoring was awesome. But that two point conversion by russ to Luke was crazy. Without it, Rodgers setting up that field goal was Atlanta all over again. So the statistical probability overall was miniscule, but we witnessed it.

Same with the Vikings. For obvious reasons. But we still witnessed an amazing finish.

So all in all we could have lost a nfccg at home and or got bounced in the wild card round this year, rather easily in either case, but instead we won the roll of the dice both times and it's been a cool era. Plus we have the most electric rookie in the nfl, someone i certainly wouldn't trade for Cooper. Wouldn't trade him for Megatron, Tate, jeesh. Let me think of who i WOULD trade him for. I can't think of anyone. Steal of the draft. Again, by Pete and JS.

Then there's rawls. Simply amazing. Going into an offseason with the starters. Getting that chemistry going.

Jimmy. Could have made the difference yesterday. Carolina had olsen, we didn't have our equivalent.

Stinks, flat out sucks, but the way the nfl is operated these days especially it takes a lot to continually make the playoffs and remain competitive. We've done it and we actually look brighter for next year and the immediate future than any other team.

Denver. QB situation. Want that?

New England. Age. They're on the clock with Tom. We're a full decade ahead of that era.

Arizona. Age. Fitz and Palmer. See new England above.

San Fran. Hahaha

Pittsburgh. Age. It takes a healthy qb to utilize those weapons. Ben has taken hits for a decade.

Carolina. Definitely gotta put them in their place next year. They have to pay Norman if they want him back, so that could potentially be seriously mis managed. Otherwise, it'll at least put a damper on their ability to fill other needs. But after next year their two great interior d lineman are ufa, so they will have plenty of management challenges in the future. But overall i see them as our threat because they are like us in terms of having the young guys locked up.

We need to draft to beat los Angeles and Carolina. We have to take back the division next year. Two losses a year to LA will sink us. It's a bright future and a great time to be a Seahawk.

EWA

Reaction score
I figured the way this season went any game past the regular season was a blessing. Last season 15+ on the hurt factor, this season around a 5.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
I understand. The Super Bowl just won't be Super without the Hawks.

It takes me a couple of days to get over frustrating things like this. So, maybe you just need to give yourself a bit of time. For me, I know this Hawks team is just as good as the remaining four. They just failed to prove it on the scoreboard when it was time to do so. So, the "what could have been" plays in one's mind.

Yeah, the Seahawks have a lot of talent, but you only get so many shots. We have every good reason to believe they'll remain competitive and will be back. But, there's no guarantee's. So, missed opportunities weigh heavily. Just ask Dan Marino, Boomer Esiason, Jim Kelly, etc.

The look on Doug Baldwin during his post game presser is how I feel. But, just as we'll see him looking a bit more chipper again soon, so will we. The sting of the loss is still fresh. It will pass.

The fact that we KNOW this is a special team of talent that can potentially win multiple championships, it truly does "stink" when they fall short - especially in inexplicable ways. It just doesn't sit well. In one sense, it shouldn't.

But, that's football. Onward to next season.

chevelle03

Reaction score
rideaducati":24aredkb said:
Crizilla":24aredkb said:

On to next season.

The Steelers game is worth watching. And how is a blowout not fun to watch? Especially when they all happened during Russ and Doug's historic run. It was a fun season.

hawkfan51

Reaction score
I am as disappointed as anyone after yesterdays loss ! HOWEVER, I must agree, ''IT'S A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN" ! Coach C summed it up after the game when he said the game was like a miicroism of the entire season, don't quote me on that exactly and don't do a spellchek ok, all I want to say is THANK YOU PLAYERS for fulfilling my need for NFL FOOTBALL and most importantly the watching the SEAHAWKS, THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLY.

GO SEAHAWKS AND FROM ALL MY MONTANA FAMILY OF 12'S HERE, "ONTO 2016", CAN'T WAIT !!!

RussB

Reaction score
Im not really that bothered by it . It was a tough season starting out 2-4, dealing with cary williams along with oline problems.. Then Rawls replacing lynch and getting injured and us not having a runningback. Also graham injured. But we still went on a run and learned the team is great with rawls and the spread offense. Still made the playoffs and fell short. Im just excited for next season.