"This loss was like a divorce."

Rob12

Reaction score
Not trying to stir things up, but that's what Michael Bennett said in the locker room after the game...

I hope I'm just sensitive and reading into it too much, but I hope those words don't mean what I think they mean.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Bennett is always making (often funny) analogies to life. I think he's just comparing the pain.

He's locked up to an extension until 2018. He could sit out and miss games (and lose money), but as the team showed with Kam Chancellor, they will hold firm.

OP
OP
Rob12

Rob12

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2razv3td said:
Bennett is always making (often funny) analogies to life. I think he's just comparing the pain.

I think so, too. But it just got my attention is all.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Rob12":223yyx7d said:
hawknation2015":223yyx7d said:

I think so, too. But it just got my attention is all.

Yeah, I mean, it's open to interpretation. But if Bennett was not willing to sit and out lose money last year, I'm not sure why he would be willing to sit out and lose money this year.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I think Bennett is gone. As much as I love that guy and what he brings to our defense, he seems more motivated by payday than he does being on a perennial contender. Don't kill the messenger folks, it's likely the truth.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Aros":1nmnd6cw said:
I think Bennett is gone. As much as I love that guy and what he brings to our defense, he seems more motivated by payday than he does being on a perennial contender. Don't kill the messenger folks, it's likely the truth.

No it's not.

I think we can say with some degree of certainty that he isn't going anywhere.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Asked why he didn't hold out like Kam did, he said his wife wouldn't let him. Don't underestimate the power of a woman. :141847_bnono:

OP
OP
Rob12

Rob12

Reaction score
Aros":2lzb3rjr said:

I kind of feel the same way, but dude is such a beast. I just wish he'd quit acting like he can't feed his family, or crashing post game press conferences and calling Paul Allen out. Whether it was a joke or not, it was disrespectful. Maybe not his intent, but it was disrespectful. No need for that. You make more money than like 99.9 percent of Americans and people adore you... Let that be enough.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
The NFC trophy was the Seahawks' bride for the last two years. It's running off with the Cardinals or Panthers this year.

That's what he meant. They were married to the Super Bowl.

OP
OP
Rob12

Rob12

Reaction score
DavidSeven":177hfjnd said:
The NFC trophy was the Seahawks' bride for the last two years. It's running off with the Cardinals or Panthers this year.

That's what he meant. They were married to the Super Bowl.

Ah, now that makes sense.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":1948qi4p said:
Asked why he didn't hold out like Kam did, he said his wife wouldn't let him. Don't underestimate the power of a woman. :141847_bnono:

Very true. Using that same measuring stick, Kam should go before Bennett since he actually held out in regular season, and negatively impacted the D in a major way. I'm glad the coaches don't act purely out of emotion.

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1hza7zrd said:
Very true. Using that same measuring stick, Kam should go before Bennett since he actually held out in regular season, and negatively impacted the D in a major way. I'm glad the coaches don't act purely out of emotion.

I remember reading quite a few "pay that man" posts from many here. I agree, very glad our FO did not. That's not to say I don't like Kam with this team because I do (but not sure he's "with" this team this year).