Back to back 10am games

seabowl

Reaction score
Not saying it's a conspiracy but out of the 8 games played last week and this week 2 of them were at 10am and we happened to play in both. We scored 0 in the first halves and 34 in the 2nd halves. I don't think it is a coincidence that the difference in performance between halves was that dramatic. The NFL could easily make the early games start no earlier then noon if they want to make it as fair as possible especially when handcuffing a west co east team on the road playing back to back weeks.

Again not saying it was done purposely but the results between the 2 first and second halves speak for themselves. Thoughts?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Just like the field, its not an excuse, but its a factor. Its been proven that its tougher for west coast teams to play early games.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Can't complain when you are a WC. As a WC, you are not going to get your way. If we don't want to play b2b games at 10AM PST, then win your division.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Beat the Rams, Bengals and Panthers and we have a BYE and home game.

6th seeds relinquish their claim to any scheduling control.

Sign37now

Reaction score
Total bullcrap. Only two 10am games and we get them both..BS

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":it9svgd5 said:

Point I'm trying to make is you should not have to worry about start times. Away game yea, crowd noise yes, unfamiliar territory yes, but start time should not have to be a factor.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Every team has their burden to bear. Do you think the Bills complain that it's unfair they have to play the Pats twice a year? Or that GB complains about playing in the cold at home? Sack up and meet the demands of the game.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
We just weren't as good this year. We lost three home games.

Great teams win these types of games. We were good. Not great.

getnasty

Reaction score
It's called home field advantage for a reason, enough with the 10:00am game thing. In fact i'm pretty sure our win percentage is better in 10:00am games then non 10:00am games this year.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Sign37now":3mmgb0gt said:

And the Panthers would still have played the early game today if we hadn't made the playoffs.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
seabowl":yu7llel4 said:
TDOTSEAHAWK":yu7llel4 said:

Point I'm trying to make is you should not have to worry about start times. Away game yea, crowd noise yes, unfamiliar territory yes, but start time should not have to be a factor.

It is always going to be a factor - every road game in general is. This counts triple when it is your third road game in a row and just after finishing a life zapping all-time cold weather game.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Seanhawk":24pa64gb said:
Sign37now":24pa64gb said:

And the Panthers would still have played the early game today if we hadn't made the playoffs.

Only thing to that is it wouldn't matter because their not a west coast team

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":jq8di4vz said:
We just weren't as good this year. We lost three home games.

Great teams win these types of games. We were good. Not great.
Agree 100%, but I believe that's a separate discussion. There's just no reason to make Pacific Time Zone teams play at 10 AM. Sunday games on WC and Divisional round weekends could be 1:30 and 5:15 starts just like Saturdays are. The NFL does NOT want a level playing field for western teams. I am hopeful that changes with a team in LA now, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
dopeboy206":26zacl29 said:
Seanhawk":26zacl29 said:
Sign37now":26zacl29 said:

My point is, it is not a conspiracy against the Seahawks. The Panthers would have been playing at that time regardless.

OpHawk

Reaction score
Don't worry cuz I was convinced by a majority of posters on this site that this Seahawks team was "over the 10 am start". Give me a break, the 10 am start is real hindrance . Spare me the "should have won your division" crap. The NFL loves guys like you you that help mask the reality of whats going on. Until people raise up and shed more light on this issue we will continue to get bent over the barrel.

francois.nc

Reaction score
You were the number 6 seed, that is the worst, did you expect to get to play at home or something. Maybe you should relocate to the East Coast somewhere so you won't have to complain about 10am games anymore.

bigwrm

Reaction score
Ugh, there's no conspiracy.

In fact, I think we were lucky not to get scheduled on either Saturday. Would much rather play the early game on Sunday rather than be the road team playing on a short week.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Seanhawk":nbhosau4 said:
dopeboy206":nbhosau4 said:
Seanhawk":nbhosau4 said:
Sign37now":nbhosau4 said:

My point is, it is not a conspiracy against the Seahawks. The Panthers would have been playing at that time regardless.
Yeah, it's best programming time based on time zone. 4 early playoff games (ATL, GB, MINN, CAR), 4 poor 1st-half performances. HFA almost a must.

I just think Pete's reasoning is crazy in this regard. He somehow thinks doing 10am practices in preseason makes this a non-issue, even though practices are later in reg season.

kearly

Reaction score
The late night games thing hurts east coast teams as much as the 10am start does for West coast teams. And two of the eight games played so far were played after dark. So it's actually pretty balanced.

That said, it does kind of feel like a conspiracy that Seattle got BOTH 10am games, while the AFC combined for zero of them. It kind of fits in with the theme of 2015 though, which maximized pre-game and in-game disadvantages like I have never seen for the Seahawks before.