Pop Quiz Hotshot

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
You have to pick one:

A. Be ahead by less than 7 with 3 minutes left with Carolina having the ball at their 20.

B. Be behind by less than 7 with 3 minutes left with us having the ball at our 20.

Interesting question to take the forum temperature on who you have the most confidence in right now, our offense and Russell, or our defense's ability to hold a lead late.

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2nraghk7 said:
You have to pick one:

A. Be ahead by less than 7 with 3 minutes left with Carolina having the ball at their 20.

B. Be behind by less than 7 with 3 minutes left with us having the ball at our 20.

Interesting question to take the forum temperature on who you have the most confidence in right now, our offense and Russell, or our defense's ability to hold a lead late.

I guess since we already tried A, I'll go with B

marko358

Reaction score
I'd go with A as well. That's a lot of pressure on an offense that has one main receiving threat and a fully healthy LOB to contend with.

Gametime

Reaction score
On the Road,

Definitely A but this was a great question! I'd be nervous based on last week but rather have the lead on the road with the pressure on the Panthers.

getnasty

Reaction score
Thats easy, rather be up by 7. Now if it was up by 2 or down by 2 then it might be a little tougher. When your up 7, even a TD doesn't beat you.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2p786w6u said:
You have to pick one:

Well depends on how the game has gone.

If its been a shootout, I'm leaning B .. if its been a dominant defensive performance by both sides.. I'm going A.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
marko358":zg0t1z35 said:
I'd go with A as well. That's a lot of pressure on an offense that has one main receiving threat and a fully healthy LOB to contend with.

Normally I'd agree with you, but for THIS season? Our defense hasn't been able to hold a late lead yet, and if not for Blair Walsh missing a chipshot last week, that's ALL we'd be talking about right now, another defensive collapse late.

I'd love to trust our D, but I think I'd choose B if you held a gun to my head. Russell's about as clutch as it comes with late drives to win games.

marko358

Reaction score
getnasty":32s9yck3 said:
Thats easy, rather be up by 7. Now if it was up by 2 or down by 2 then it might be a little tougher. When your up 7, even a TD doesn't beat you.

He specifically stated less than 7 point lead in each scenario.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
getnasty":pzjrfj07 said:

I said less than 7.

Mojambo

Reaction score
I'd need to see the game flow in order to answer this question.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Tough call. And while I'd be fairly optimistic with either scenario, I'd rather have A than B.

Also, that's not really enough information. Up by one is less than seven, but so is up by six. Up by one or two/down by one or two would probably flip the decision for me.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":pksl35fv said:
Tough call. And while I'd be fairly optimistic with either scenario, I'd rather have A than B.

Also, that's not really enough information. Up by one is less than seven, but so is up by six. Up by one or two/down by one or two would probably flip the decision for me.

It's just less than one score, you can decide how many points you're comfortable with each way...........also why I said 3 minutes, because 3 minutes is more than enough time for either offense to drive and score a TD.

seahawksny

Reaction score
B

As much as I love this team we cannot deny the fact that had a lot of trouble with lead in the 4th

Yes I know, the second half of the season it did improve but if walsh kick gone through last week, it would have been a mirror image of what has happened several times already

BadgerVid

Reaction score
Well...it depends somewhat on the timeout situation, but overall I think B.

I've just seen too many big drives given up in the 4th the last couple of seasons...and In Russ I Trust.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
volsunghawk":32xkz0ch said:
Isn't A pretty much how all of our games in Charlotte have gone in the Wilson era?

Yes, but only this year has our D has choked away 5 games late, and should have choked it again last week.

Thus the question, who do you have more confidence in.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
A. I'll take my chances that our D can keep them from winning, especially assuming we might have at least a minute or so left to get in position to win it with a FG (if they do give up a scoring drive) or something to that effect.