Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

FG Analysis of Kam's game against MIN

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
FG Analysis of Kam's game against MIN
Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:10 pm
  • All in all, Kam allowed 68 yards in coverage on a day when Minnesota only gained 183 total yards. 43 of those came on the last drive of the game and put the Vikings in a position to kick a field goal to win the game. While there are several mitigating factors, the cold and his return from injury, for Kam’s poor play, the bottom line is that Seattle needs Kam to return to form against Carolina and beyond if they’re able to advance in the playoffs. Especially with Kelcie McCray, who played well in Kam’s absence, as a strong alternative.

http://www.fieldgulls.com/football-brea ... l-playoffs
    Adopt A Rookie: Nick Vannett, TE - Ohio State University
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

• Thanks for posting that here - goes to show it really wasn't just a questionable penalty and 'one near-miss' in this game. He has struggled all year, and IMO is the defensive player most likely to cost us this coming week.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

• jkitsune wrote:Thanks for posting that here - goes to show it really wasn't just a questionable penalty and 'one near-miss' in this game. He has struggled all year, and IMO is the defensive player most likely to cost us this coming week.

Agree all the way around. Too worried about the $.
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Ring Of Honor

• A little harsh.

He made two game-saving stops in this game.

Obviously, the forced fumble on AP.

But also watch AP's last run just before the missed FG. Kam comes all the way from the strong-side to stop AP from extending for the 1st down. Underrated but crucial play. I think MN wins if AP converts -- they can line up off the left hash, get closer, and milk the rest of the clock.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

• There's a reason that I often post these and do not provide my own thoughts. They're usually not well informed and likely fly in the face of reality. Just thought it was an interesting read.
    Adopt A Rookie: Nick Vannett, TE - Ohio State University
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

• Good god.

The second play where "McKinnon beats Kam again" he has the flat. He's not supposed to trail that guy. That is literally Earl's man, who makes the play because Kam slowed him a little.

The missed tackle is crap. I saw everyone on the team slide off a guy at least once. It was our worst tackling game I've seen, but luckily was also our best swarming game I've seen. We had layers upon layers of tacklers.

I didn't remember the one where he trailed the guy across the field though. That's a real tough one when you give up inside leverage off the snap in a trail position.

Overall, this whole Kam thing is horse $%^%. We never even get a lead without him.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

• The big play Kam gave up to Rudolph happened because Kam correctly believed it was a play worth gambling on. If Kam had just gone for the tackle the Vikings still would have been in the fringes of fieldgoal range with over a minute to work with. He tried to go for the pass breakup / pick and came up short. I totally understand why he gambled.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• No question Kam has been rusty this year, but he has also made a couple of huge plays. Covering good tight ends still seems to be a problem so the jury will have to wait to see how Greg Olsen does this weekend to determine how Kam performed, when he played, this year. If Kam cant cover the tight end this weekend this will be the last game of the 2015 season for the Hawks. Don't count him out just yet though, he is a play maker.

It will be interesting to see how things play out for him next year. Going to be hard to ask for more money after his production so far. That's a discussion for later though.
    irocdave
    NET Veteran

• He had one other really bad game this year, IIRC. And bounced back with his best showing of the year vs Detroit.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• He is coming off an injury after several weeks off. Cut the guy some slack. The beginning of the season he came in rusty but I also believe Williams was a pox on our defense. This affected everyone around him. Earl probably most of all. I don't think Kam is having a All Pro year but not what many are saying here. What other safety would you rather have right now?
    Year of The Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Read that this afternoon. I'm wondering if the injury compounded by the cold contributed to some of that. I mean we are pretty spoiled (point the finger at myself) and putting any player under the microscope like that will show missed plays and assignments. However, the TE has been our Achilles heel all year and that gives cause for concern. I trust Pete will make adjustments and maybe even mix in McCray?

I think Kam can be much more effective if the front 7 stuffs the run effectively. I know it sounds obvious like "this game will be won/lost in the trenches," but the LOB plays at its best when that DL is generating pressure and then can wreak havoc with WRs and TEs.

Laloosh wrote:
    All in all, Kam allowed 68 yards in coverage on a day when Minnesota only gained 183 total yards. 43 of those came on the last drive of the game and put the Vikings in a position to kick a field goal to win the game. While there are several mitigating factors, the cold and his return from injury, for Kam’s poor play, the bottom line is that Seattle needs Kam to return to form against Carolina and beyond if they’re able to advance in the playoffs. Especially with Kelcie McCray, who played well in Kam’s absence, as a strong alternative.

http://www.fieldgulls.com/football-brea ... l-playoffs
    idahohawk
    NET Starter

• irocdave wrote:No question Kam has been rusty this year, but he has also made a couple of huge plays. Covering good tight ends still seems to be a problem so the jury will have to wait to see how Greg Olsen does this weekend to determine how Kam performed, when he played, this year. If Kam cant cover the tight end this weekend this will be the last game of the 2015 season for the Hawks. Don't count him out just yet though, he is a play maker.

It will be interesting to see how things play out for him next year. Going to be hard to ask for more money after his production so far. That's a discussion for later though.

One has to be wearing "blinders" not to observe that Kam is in the "sunset years" of his NFL career. That said, I feel that he has two productive years left in his NFL life.....if he can play uninjured. The real question will be, "What is he worth over this time frame of diminished output?"
    Proud Member of the .Net Old Farts Society
    Bigpumpkin
    NET Veteran

• I was kind of wondering before the game if we would see McCray in there on 3rd downs.
    King Dog
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:38 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information