So finally who's the better QB...

jake206

Reaction score
Cam or Russ. You know this is the storyline. Vanity vs. Virtuous. Carolina vs. Seattle. Bring it on.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Remember when the huge board argument used to be Wilson or karpernick?

:lol:

I think cam and Russell are both perfect for their teams. I doubt either fan base would trade their guy. So it's a useless argument.

Fade

Reaction score
It's lose lose for Russell.

If Russell wins the game it's his team. If Wilson loses the game, "It's see! Cam is better."

on the flipside for Cam. It's win win.

If Cam Wins. -MVP. If Cam loses, we will here about how he carried his team to playoffs, and is still the MVP. "Only if they had more talent around him?" They will say. (Despite having 5 probowlers on offense to Wilson's 0.)

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Fade":1p3tsse0 said:

If Russell wins the game it's his team. If Wilson loses the game, "It's see! Cam is better."

If Cam Wins. -MVP. If Cam loses, we will here about how he carried his team to playoffs, and is still the MVP. "Only if they had more talent around him?" They will say. (Despite having 5 probowlers on offense to Wilson's 0.)
I guess maybe you didn't hear the month and a half of glowing praise Wilson has received recently? The "Wilson as game manager" narrative is dead.

Smellyman

Reaction score
volsunghawk":3cpj0r5e said:
Fade":3cpj0r5e said:

I guess maybe you didn't hear the month and a half of glowing praise Wilson has received recently? The "Wilson as game manager" narrative is dead.

4 years of being the best playmaker in the game and finally starting to shake the narrative. Yet a bad game 'they' can take it away again.

Wilson will always be an * in many minds because they can't believe he is doing it.

Even though he owns tons of records and a super bowl.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Fade":26llrl6c said:

Or Cam could throw for three picks and be labelled a play-off choker.

Wouldn't surprise me.

CoastalJuan

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1gobyk0c said:

I think cam and Russell are both perfect for their teams. I doubt either fan base would trade their guy. So it's a useless argument.

This.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
volsunghawk":2zirr3t8 said:

Not dead yet. Just hibernating.

-bsd

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Smellyman":acpfmxyk said:
volsunghawk":acpfmxyk said:
Fade":acpfmxyk said:

4 years of being the best playmaker in the game and finally starting to shake the narrative. Yet a bad game 'they' can take it away again.

Wilson will always be an * in many minds because they can't believe he is doing it.

Even though he owns tons of records and a super bowl.

Do you see any hot takes about Wilson being a game manager again, or an asterisk, after the Vikings game?

Because any "haters" could legitimately point to the defense as the reason that Seattle had a chance to come back in that game, and could point to a single broken-play-turned-35-yard-gain as the only real offense generated by the Hawks all day long.

Wilson was in the MVP conversation the second half of the season, and it wasn't just that he was putting up numbers... it's that he was doing it as a pocket passer. He's even forced Prisco to eat his words this season.

We've got to get over that inferiority complex, fellas. We don't have to be so sensitive.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Using this game to decide who is the better QB is a barometer of football yin and yang, tribalism and football intelligence. The two are not playing tennis. THey are not squaring off in a one on one basketball game. So deciding one is better than the other based on one game has a lot more to do with who your tribe is than what is true.

LargentFan

Reaction score
HomerJHawk":o06bdqzr said:
who's

[in before Ro]

Thank you. I'm not one for correcting people on things like this, but I am very glad you did.

pmedic920

Reaction score
This one game coming up won't answer the question.

Win, lose or draw will not matter. It will only add to each guys body of work.
It's their body of work the we must use to determine who is the better QB.
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it :{)

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
"Who's the better quarterback, RGIII or Wilson?"

*RGIII implodes in a ball of fiery dust, gets a clipboard, then gets it taken away*

"Okay then, who's the better quarterback, Kaepernick or Wilson?"

*Kaepernick spazzes out in a ball of twitchy emotions holding a clipboard*

"Fine. Who's the better quarterback, Luck or Wilson?"

*Luck hobbles off the field after a trifecta of interceptions and watches his season sputter to a close*

"Alright, for the last time, who's the better quarterback, Newton or Wilson?"

Your move, Cam.

Cary Kollins

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3fvyc5qb said:

*RGIII implodes in a ball of fiery dust, gets a clipboard, then gets it taken away*

*Luck hobbles off the field after a trifecta of interceptions and watches his season sputter to a close*

Your move, Cam.

*Cam wins MVP*

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Cary Kollins":28iv2jcs said:
Seahawk Sailor":28iv2jcs said:

Your move, Cam.

*Cam wins MVP*

Nfl honors rg3

45Hawker

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2npjqjmr said:
Using this game to decide who is the better QB is a barometer of football yin and yang, tribalism and football intelligence. The two are not playing tennis. THey are not squaring off in a one on one basketball game. So deciding one is better than the other based on one game has a lot more to do with who your tribe is than what is true.
I completely agree.

Cam scored 45 touchdowns this year. 45. He's been consistent. His team is 15-1. Say what you will about their schedule, they still went 15-1. Russell has had a great year - historic in a stretch, but not as consistent and his team lost 5 more games. Why does it matter who is "better"?

If Cam outplays Russell on Sunday but the Seahawks win, what does that tell us? Nothing.

carolinablue

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2spz853c said:

I agree. Personally I don't think either QB would do as well if they switched places.