Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

12th Man Flags Will Be Allowed (But) lol.....

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • carolinablue wrote:
    Hawkpower wrote:
    carolinablue wrote:Well if you wanted fly big flags might should have won more games in season...just saying.

We don't all get to play in the NFC south.

True.

Did you know that the NFC South and AFC East tied for most wins for a division this year? Little known fact.

Coincidence that the cross over games for each were the AFC South and the NFC East?
    The 2 weakest divisions (by far) this year? Not to mention Carolina was the only team in their division with a winning record so its not like the NFC South was some gauntlet this year.

Look - I think Carolina has a great team and deserves Home Field advantage and all the respect that comes with 15 wins. Bringing up a very weak schedule is valid but 15 wins is still impressive.

Throw all that out the window on Sunday though. This game is a true toss up, IMO and a case can be made for either team winning.
    marymoorhawk
    NET Starter

• And back on topic - this rule is dumb. How about you let fans be fans and keep your star players from ripping down a sign they bring in? As long as its not distracting and someone is flying a flag in the middle of a play so people behind them can't see then whats the harm?
    marymoorhawk
    NET Starter

• marymoorhawk wrote:And back on topic - this rule is dumb. How about you let fans be fans and keep your star players from ripping down a sign they bring in? As long as its not distracting and someone is flying a flag in the middle of a play so people behind them can't see then whats the harm?

Opposing team flags hurt Cam's feelings...that's the harm. Superman with hurt feelings can't be Superman.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

• Can was kind of childish for ripping down the sign, but I don't think it's a big deal he didn't get fined. He probably got a warning. If he did it again, he would undoubtedly be fined.

Not sure why Hawk fans are complaining about the flag rule. If the Seahawks made this rule we wouldn't be disagreeing with it.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• rideaducati wrote:
    marymoorhawk wrote:And back on topic - this rule is dumb. How about you let fans be fans and keep your star players from ripping down a sign they bring in? As long as its not distracting and someone is flying a flag in the middle of a play so people behind them can't see then whats the harm?

Opposing team flags hurt Cam's feelings...that's the harm. Superman with hurt feelings can't be Superman.

There was this monkey, right?
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

• drdiags wrote:Too bad. Maybe I am just a spoiled sport but I wouldn't want a big Steelers/9ers/any team's flag hanging from the stadium walls at the CLink. I laughed at the Packers fan and if any Seahawks fans get their flag confiscated, I will feel bad for them but I agree 100% with the Panthers on this.

You can visit but don't bring no stinking furniture with you.

Not a spoiled sport at all.

You are by far one of the most reasonable posters on the forum!
    “A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein
    DTexHawk
    NET Veteran

• SPIRITOF12 wrote:
    FearTheBlitz wrote:
    Aw Mang wrote:^^so Carolina is scared of the Packers?

Cam took down a packer fans banner before that game. Took it into the locker room and threw it away, so they made a rule change on flags and banners that visiting team fans can bring in. It was all over the news.

Thank you for reminding us of that incident. Another reminder of why I don't like Cam.

Don't forget about this douchebag move. He's lucky he didn't hurt that guy's arm/shoulder, or that it wasn't some kid being pulled into/over the railing.

I have no problem with stadiums enforcing a size rule on signs or flags (that aren't hung along the wall), but it should apply to both sides as they can be very distracting to people sitting behind you. Visiting fans should have just as much of a right to support their team as the home fans. Don't like it? Buy more tickets so it can't happen.
    253hawk
    NET Veteran

• marymoorhawk wrote:
    carolinablue wrote:
    Hawkpower wrote:
    carolinablue wrote:Well if you wanted fly big flags might should have won more games in season...just saying.

True.

Did you know that the NFC South and AFC East tied for most wins for a division this year? Little known fact.

Coincidence that the cross over games for each were the AFC South and the NFC East?
    The 2 weakest divisions (by far) this year? Not to mention Carolina was the only team in their division with a winning record so its not like the NFC South was some gauntlet this year.

Look - I think Carolina has a great team and deserves Home Field advantage and all the respect that comes with 15 wins. Bringing up a very weak schedule is valid but 15 wins is still impressive.

Throw all that out the window on Sunday though. This game is a true toss up, IMO and a case can be made for either team winning.

Ever think that maybe why the NFC East and AFC South looked so bad was because they had to play the NFC South and AFC East? I mean that could have had something to do with it no? And for the record I DO think Seattle had a tougher schedule but we also haven't lost to a team under .500 which your team has.

All that said, I agree that we can throw out the regular season as far as determining who is going to win this game. Personally I think that the pendulum has swung to our side and will be on our side for the next few years. This weekend will tell.
    carolinablue
    NET Rookie

• carolinablue wrote:
    marymoorhawk wrote:
    carolinablue wrote:
    Hawkpower wrote:

True.

Ever think that maybe why the NFC East and AFC South looked so bad was because they had to play the NFC South and AFC East? I mean that could have had something to do with it no? And for the record I DO think Seattle had a tougher schedule but we also haven't lost to a team under .500 which your team has.

All that said, I agree that we can throw out the regular season as far as determining who is going to win this game. Personally I think that the pendulum has swung to our side and will be on our side for the next few years. This weekend will tell.

Either way you look at it, the NFC East and AFC South we're awful and most of the NFC South was right there with them. Congrats on beating EVERY horrible defense in the league this season. All it has done is give your team a false confidence that will be yanked right out from under you on Sunday.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

• carolinablue wrote:Ever think that maybe why the NFC East and AFC South looked so bad was because they had to play the NFC South and AFC East? I mean that could have had something to do with it no? And for the record I DO think Seattle had a tougher schedule but we also haven't lost to a team under .500 which your team has.

Sure I considered it. Then the playoffs handled and the playoffs proved beyond a doubt that our impressions that the NFC East and AFC South were putrid were right all along. Look at what happened to the Houston Texans and how a Green Bay team that was vulnerable to the press-man because it's receivers can't get separation still manhandles a Washington team that clearly didn't belong in the playoffs either.

FWIW both Houston and Washington were "9-7" "winning" teams.
    Polaris
    NET Veteran

• Hawkpower wrote:
    carolinablue wrote:
    Hawkpower wrote:

True.

Playing the AFC south certainly helped that, didnt it?

I prefer to see that the NFC West put two teams in the playoffs.....once again.

Much better barometer.

Okay I see, since you have 2 of the worst teams in the league in your division, it makes sense the top 2 would get in.
    francois.nc
    NET Bench Warmer

• 253hawk wrote:
    SPIRITOF12 wrote:
    FearTheBlitz wrote:

Cam took down a packer fans banner before that game. Took it into the locker room and threw it away, so they made a rule change on flags and banners that visiting team fans can bring in. It was all over the news.

Thank you for reminding us of that incident. Another reminder of why I don't like Cam.

Don't forget about this douchebag move. He's lucky he didn't hurt that guy's arm/shoulder, or that it wasn't some kid being pulled into/over the railing.

I have no problem with stadiums enforcing a size rule on signs or flags (that aren't hung along the wall), but it should apply to both sides as they can be very distracting to people sitting behind you. Visiting fans should have just as much of a right to support their team as the home fans. Don't like it? Buy more tickets so it can't happen.

What a tool.
    That's twice now he's done that.
    Could you imagine anyone on the Seahawks doing that? Of course you can't.
    ZorntoLargent
    NET Veteran

• Polaris wrote:
    carolinablue wrote:Ever think that maybe why the NFC East and AFC South looked so bad was because they had to play the NFC South and AFC East? I mean that could have had something to do with it no? And for the record I DO think Seattle had a tougher schedule but we also haven't lost to a team under .500 which your team has.

Sure I considered it. Then the playoffs handled and the playoffs proved beyond a doubt that our impressions that the NFC East and AFC South were putrid were right all along. Look at what happened to the Houston Texans and how a Green Bay team that was vulnerable to the press-man because it's receivers can't get separation still manhandles a Washington team that clearly didn't belong in the playoffs either.

Fair enough. So Seattle should beat us by 14 then right?
    carolinablue
    NET Rookie

• ZorntoLargent wrote:What a tool.
    Our house. Our rules.
    carolinablue
    NET Rookie

• carolinablue wrote:
    Polaris wrote:
    carolinablue wrote:Ever think that maybe why the NFC East and AFC South looked so bad was because they had to play the NFC South and AFC East? I mean that could have had something to do with it no? And for the record I DO think Seattle had a tougher schedule but we also haven't lost to a team under .500 which your team has.

Fair enough. So Seattle should beat us by 14 then right?

Don't put words in my mouth. I don't appreciate it. I *do* think Seattle wins, but I also think it will be close (because Seattle-Carolina games almost always are) and both teams are really good. I am simply pointing out that IMHO Carolina's record got inflated by weak competition. That isn't Carolina's fault. It is what it is, but the regular season is over. Now it's settled on the field....as it should be.
    Polaris
    NET Veteran

• carolinablue wrote:
    ZorntoLargent wrote:What a tool.
    Our house. Our rules.

Never in question. That said the rule is weak-sauce, and IMHO it was done to prevent your QB from being held accountable for his misbehavior in that regard.
    Polaris
    NET Veteran

• francois.nc wrote:
    Hawkpower wrote:
    carolinablue wrote:
    Hawkpower wrote:

True.

Much better barometer.

Okay I see, since you have 2 of the worst teams in the league in your division, it makes sense the top 2 would get in.

I think you should look at the draft order...you might notice your division picking THREE times in the first 17 picks...which team had the worst teams in their division? I notice a LOT of teams that were on the Prancer schedule picking quite early too. Tough road for the Prancers this year.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

• I'd be absolutely ashamed of this if I were a Panthers fan.
    CodeWarrior
    NET Veteran

• francois.nc wrote:Okay I see, since you have 2 of the worst teams in the league in your division, it makes sense the top 2 would get in.

Say what? San Fransisco I grant you. That team has been a dumpster fire since last year (blame the Yorks). Even so I can name at least two franchises that are worse (Cleveland and Tennessee say hello). Not the Rams. The Rams aren't great but they are nowhere near the bottom of the league. Point in fact the Rams' big problem is they have been persistently average for YEARS [and how does Fisher still have a job? The world wonders.]
    Polaris
    NET Veteran

• Polaris wrote:
    carolinablue wrote:
    Our house. Our rules.

Never in question. That said the rule is weak-sauce, and IMHO it was done to prevent your QB from being held accountable for his misbehavior in that regard.
    Just out of curiosity because I genuinely do not know...if we were to be playing at your house this week would I be able to hang an 8'x10' Carolina banner inside the stadium?
    carolinablue
    NET Rookie

• carolinablue wrote:And for the record I DO think Seattle had a tougher schedule but we also haven't lost to a team under .500 which your team has.

It really doesn't count when we lose to the Rams. In fact, losing to the Rams is a sign that all is well with the Seahawks.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• Polaris wrote:
    carolinablue wrote:
    Our house. Our rules.

It's likely they did it to avoid a lawsuit when Douche Dabber inevitably destroys someone's property or hurts them in the process. It's not good enough to win a game at home and celebrate with his team and the fans, he has to go out of his way to be an a-hole to the visitors.
    253hawk
    NET Veteran

• fenderbender123 wrote:
    carolinablue wrote:And for the record I DO think Seattle had a tougher schedule but we also haven't lost to a team under .500 which your team has.

It really doesn't count when we lose to the Rams. In fact, losing to the Rams is a sign that all is well with the Seahawks.

Not only that but I think most would rate the Rams as a better team than the Falcons record notwithstanding. Look at what happened when Tampa Bay collided with St Louis.
    Polaris
    NET Veteran

• carolinablue wrote:
    Polaris wrote:
    carolinablue wrote:
    Our house. Our rules.

Just out of curiosity because I genuinely do not know...if we were to be playing at your house this week would I be able to hang an 8'x10' Carolina banner inside the stadium?

If you hold it up by yourself and don't block anyone's view... But only an idiot would try to even get in with an 8'x10' banner. Overreact much?
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

• You can bring in and hold a banner that size, but you can't hang it. As far as I know there's no limit on the size, but it's still at the whim of stadium discretion. Act like a jack-ass with it and they'd probably ask you to put it away.

The only reason the Green Bay banner was hanging was because it was during pre-game and the guy was an out-of-town fan who wanted the Packers to see it and go over to sign it; he was going to remove it before the game started.
    253hawk
    NET Veteran

• carolinablue wrote:Well if you wanted fly big flags might should have won more games in season...just saying.

Whew..Sure glad my kids don't take English classes in Carolina...
    Sign37now
    NET Veteran

• We don't all get to play in the NFC south.[/quote]
    True.

Did you know that the NFC South and AFC East tied for most wins for a division this year? Little known fact.[/quote]

Much better barometer.[/quote]

Okay I see, since you have 2 of the worst teams in the league in your division, it makes sense the top 2 would get in.[/quote]

The rams would be in 2nd place in your division with ease.

ONE team in your division with a winning record.....of course I guess that is one more than finished with one last year huh?
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran

• This coming from the region your team represents that has such good taste in flags.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

• sc85sis wrote:
    potatohead wrote:

What?

Translation: "Nanny, nanny boo boo! We're better than you are!"

At least that's how it sounded in my head while reading.

Maybe he was talking about these?
    Hawkaholic
    NET Veteran

• FearTheBlitz wrote:

I can see why that raised alarm bells. The whispers have finally all died away from the last time Cam took somebody else's stuff to his room. No need to remind anybody about that stuff!
    canfan
    NET Starter

• canfan wrote:
    FearTheBlitz wrote:

I can see why that raised alarm bells. The whispers have finally all died away from the last time Cam took somebody else's stuff to his room. No need to remind anybody about that stuff!

Is that what the guy was talking about when he mentioned Theives avenue or whatever it was?
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

• carolinablue wrote:
    Polaris wrote:
    carolinablue wrote:
    Our house. Our rules.

Sure, but some jerk would probably tear it down.
    But I can promise you, our QB wouldn't come tear it down. He has class and isn't bothered by anything so petty.
    ZorntoLargent
    NET Veteran

• Aw Mang wrote:

lol lame.

Man's got a point. We're in Carolina this sunday, because we pissed away how many 4th quarter leads early on?
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• That's on the team. Don't punish the fans and their ability and willingness to support them for it.
    253hawk
    NET Veteran

• hawker84 wrote:
    Aw Mang wrote:

lol lame.

Man's got a point. We're in Carolina this sunday, because we pissed away how many 4th quarter leads early on?

Five, but that has nothing to do with the Carolinas' obsession with flags.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

• The rams would be in 2nd place in your division with ease.

ONE team in your division with a winning record.....of course I guess that is one more than finished with one last year huh?

Kind of funny since you were the first team to do it in NFL history in 2010.... I guess we are just taking after you guys, except for the 15-1 part. Since you didn't do that the following year.
    francois.nc
    NET Bench Warmer

• francois.nc wrote:
    The rams would be in 2nd place in your division with ease.

Kind of funny since you were the first team to do it in NFL history in 2010.... I guess we are just taking after you guys, except for the 15-1 part. Since you didn't do that the following year.

See what the easiest schedule in the league does for average teams? Do you know what the last ten teams with the easiest schedule in the league all have in common? They all lost in the playoffs. Your season ends Sunday.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

• I had a hawks flag in the front row of the 200 level behind the goalposts in Minnesota on Sunday and when I hung it over the rail and out of everyone's way, the Vikings fans ALL made me aware that I was not allowed to hang a flag over the rail. People get pretty pissy about enemy flags.

Still though, F Cam for being a D-bag. Lets roll these clowns.
    KARAVARUS
    NET Veteran

• Speaking of flags, does Carolina fly the US flag, or the other flag? :stirthepot:
    "We have an opportunity to win multiple Super Bowls."
    -Russell Wilson
    Threedee
    NET Veteran

• rideaducati wrote:
    If you hold it up by yourself and don't block anyone's view... But only an idiot would try to even get in with an 8'x10' banner. Overreact much?

Well the banner that Cam tore down wasn't much smaller than that and he got in. I think his might have been 4'x8'. Could I bring that in and hang it from the side like he did at our place?
    carolinablue
    NET Rookie

• rideaducati wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:
    Aw Mang wrote:

lol lame.

Five, but that has nothing to do with the Carolinas' obsession with flags.
    That dude that had his banner tore down just better be glad he wasn't in Philly. I've been to game's in Philly and they aren't quite as nice as Carolina fans are.
    carolinablue
    NET Rookie

• carolinablue wrote:
    rideaducati wrote:

Well the banner that Cam tore down wasn't much smaller than that and he got in. I think his might have been 4'x8'. Could I bring that in and hang it from the side like he did at our place?

All I know is, Russell Wilson wouldn't steal it and throw it in a trashcan like Cam Newton did.
    minormillikin
    NET Veteran

• carolinablue wrote:
    Hawkpower wrote:

True.

^ When you feel adequate for the first time in your life.
    Melencause
    NET Rookie

• Melencause wrote:
    carolinablue wrote:
    Hawkpower wrote:

True.

^ When you feel adequate for the first time in your life.

Carolina's right up there with Tennessee as the armpit of the NFL, so let the dog have it's day.
    AirStrike
    NET Practice Squad

• Hawkaholic wrote:
    sc85sis wrote:
    potatohead wrote:

What?

Translation: "Nanny, nanny boo boo! We're better than you are!"

At least that's how it sounded in my head while reading.

Maybe he was talking about these?

Well we do have 6 division championships and 1 NFC Conference championship in 20 years. I'd say that's not too shabby.
    carolinablue
    NET Rookie

• carolinablue wrote:Five, but that has nothing to do with the Carolinas' obsession with flags.
    That dude that had his banner tore down just better be glad he wasn't in Philly. I've been to game's in Philly and they aren't quite as nice as Carolina fans are.[/quote]

Wasn't it Philly fans that threw snowballs and batteries at Santa?
    Adopt A Rookie: Nick Vannett, TE - Ohio State University
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

• Laloosh wrote:
    Wasn't it Philly fans that threw snowballs and batteries at Santa?
    Yeah LOL. Want to talk about a bunch of losers. I was never so ready to be out of a stadium as I was that one. Oh and I wasn't there when the Santa thing happened.
    carolinablue
    NET Rookie

• So one 24"x24" "1" Flag and one 24"x24" "2" flag side by side.... problem solved
    12th Man: Cant be cut, wont be traded, will NEVER retire!
    Dirtball
    NET Rookie

• peachesenregalia wrote:LOL, sounds like we're already in their heads.

This is 2016, buddy.
    Last edited by Uncle Si on Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Reason: Pack it in...
    SeeHawkRun
    NET Rookie

• I had to take down my 12 flag that was on the rail at the Super Bowl in AZ. The Super Bowl!!!!!!!! Must be a trend???? You pay $1200 on a neutral field and you can't put up a flag to support your team???? NFL might becoming lame. I blame the interception on this lone fact!
    firemanseahawk
    NET Practice Squad

PreviousNext

It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:59 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information