Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

12th Man Flags Will Be Allowed (But) lol.....

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • SeeHawkRun wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:LOL, sounds like we're already in their heads.

This is 2016, buddy.

Back in the old days there was a saying "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me". People didn't get offended for anyone else, but instead let the people that weren't even offended in the first place laugh with them. It sucks that we can't say anything funny anymore without someone getting fake offended for someone else. I miss those days.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

• SeeHawkRun wrote:

This is 2016, buddy.

Nothing sexist about that.
    Last edited by Uncle Si on Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Reason: Let's move on
    There was this monkey, right?
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

• 253hawk wrote:
    SPIRITOF12 wrote:
    FearTheBlitz wrote:
    Aw Mang wrote:^^so Carolina is scared of the Packers?

Cam took down a packer fans banner before that game. Took it into the locker room and threw it away, so they made a rule change on flags and banners that visiting team fans can bring in. It was all over the news.

Thank you for reminding us of that incident. Another reminder of why I don't like Cam.

Don't forget about this douchebag move. He's lucky he didn't hurt that guy's arm/shoulder, or that it wasn't some kid being pulled into/over the railing.

I have no problem with stadiums enforcing a size rule on signs or flags (that aren't hung along the wall), but it should apply to both sides as they can be very distracting to people sitting behind you. Visiting fans should have just as much of a right to support their team as the home fans. Don't like it? Buy more tickets so it can't happen.

Good thing the guy wasn't holding out a laptop, Cam would have had to transfer to another team. Again.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• SeeHawkRun wrote:

WThis is 2016, buddy.

Ok
    Last edited by Uncle Si on Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Reason: Unnecessary
    Aw Mang
    NET Rookie

• So, bring your giant 12 flag.

If the Hawks win, wave that thing like a sumbish the last minute or two. Dare them to do something then.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• Aw Mang wrote:
    SeeHawkRun wrote:

This is 2016, buddy.

Ok

Somehow, I don't find either of these responses offensive.
    Last edited by Uncle Si on Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Reason: Let's not contribute to posts that are already derailing the thread
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

• What a bunch of

"WHOA, NELLIE!"

RIP Keith Jackson, 1928-2018
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• SeeHawkRun wrote:

This is 2016, buddy.

Calm down...
    Last edited by Uncle Si on Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Reason: Again... let's keep things on topic
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran

• :34853_doh:
    New stadium rules: Cry baby Cam flicks a cheese head form hat, hitting a Carolina fan and hurting his hand so no oversized head gear allowed in BofA stadium.

New stadium rules: Cry baby Cam grabs a Steelers Terrible towel causing rug burn on his hand so opposing fans can not bring towels to BofA stadium.

New stadium rules: Cry bay Cam says opposing fan screamed in his ear causing discomfort, so opposing fans cannot scream while Carolina offense is on the field.
    truehawksfan
    NET Veteran

• drdiags wrote:Too bad. Maybe I am just a spoiled sport but I wouldn't want a big Steelers/9ers/any team's flag hanging from the stadium walls at the CLink. I laughed at the Packers fan and if any Seahawks fans get their flag confiscated, I will feel bad for them but I agree 100% with the Panthers on this.

You can visit but don't bring no stinking furniture with you.

I'm more with you on this side of it. But, I'd say that beyond banners that hang and are not obstructing the view of other fans, the size of flags and such should apply to anyone with a game ticket, no matter what team you're rooting for. Sitting behind someone waving something THEY think adds to the game while obstructing my view as well as others isn't the reason I go to any game.

Cam Newton ripping the Jersey from the Bucs fan was a punk move. My 12-year-old son (who scores more TD's than Cam Newton) asked why Newton "celebrates" in 6 different ways after any play he makes, not just TD's. That says a lot about Narcissist Newton.
    Fan since team Est. 1976
    Winner of 2013 and 2015 .net annual draft contests
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran

• SeeHawkRun wrote:

This is 2016, buddy.

Yeah! Please "trigger warning" your posts in the future! :lol:
    CodeWarrior
    NET Veteran

• Ughhh.

People realize that the changing of the stadium policy after the Packers game as it relates to flags and banners is for EVERYONE right?

Panthers fans can only have flags that are equal to or less than two by two feet, just as Seahawks fans are held to the same rules.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

• Popeyejones wrote:Ughhh.

People realize that the changing of the stadium policy after the Packers game as it relates to flags and banners is for EVERYONE right?

Panthers fans can only have flags that are equal to or less than two by two feet, just as Seahawks fans are held to the same rules.

Ughhh. Not as much incentive to bring flags when your team logo is already plastered around the building and on the jumbotron.
    CodeWarrior
    NET Veteran

• CodeWarrior wrote:
    SeeHawkRun wrote:

This is 2016, buddy.

Yeah! Please "trigger warning" your posts in the future! :lol:

T R I G G E R E D B O Y S
    Last edited by Uncle Si on Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Reason: Peaches owes me 8 minutes of my life back
    There was this monkey, right?
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

• CodeWarrior wrote:
    Popeyejones wrote:Ughhh.

Ughhh. Not as much incentive to bring flags when your team logo is already plastered around the building and on the jumbotron.

So you're saying Seahawks fans don't have flags and signs at the CLink?

Really? This is the argument you're making?
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

• Popeyejones wrote:
    CodeWarrior wrote:
    Popeyejones wrote:Ughhh.

So you're saying Seahawks fans don't have flags and signs at the CLink?

Really? This is the argument you're making?

Yes, that's the argument I'm making. The 12th man flag is well known and prevalent. Carolina doesn't have an equivalent. Are you calling the rule equitable?
    CodeWarrior
    NET Veteran

• CodeWarrior wrote:Yes, that's the argument I'm making. The 12th man flag is well known and prevalent. Carolina doesn't have an equivalent. Are you calling the rule equitable?

First, it's not a rule about flags. It's a rule about flags, signs and banners.

More importantly, the rule was made earlier this year and applies absolutely equally to all fans of all teams across the NFL, regardless of if they are home team fans or not.

Yes, that's what equitable is called.

On a somewhat unrelated point, IMO If someone has a stupidly large flag for the sole purpose of flying it on other people's stadiums they're being deliberately obnoxious, and I have absolutely no problem with them being treated as such. The Panthers on the other hand, don't do that, as the home fans and the deliberately obnoxious are subjected to the exact same rules.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

• Popeyejones wrote:
    CodeWarrior wrote:Yes, that's the argument I'm making. The 12th man flag is well known and prevalent. Carolina doesn't have an equivalent. Are you calling the rule equitable?

More importantly, the rule was made earlier this year and applies absolutely equally to all fans of all teams across the NFL, regardless of if they are home team fans or not.

On a somewhat unrelated point, IMO If someone has a stupidly large flag for the sole purpose of flying it on other people's stadiums they're being deliberately obnoxious, and I have absolutely no problem with them being treated as such. The Panthers on the other hand, don't do that, as the home fans and the deliberately obnoxious are subjected to the exact same rules.

Fair enough. Now here's my take: I have no issue with the rule itself provided it's enforced in an evenhanded manner. It's their house; it's their rules. My problem is that this was a change in policy designed to placate the unprofessional and undesirable behavior by Cam Newton against the fans, and that's a no-go in my book. It shows a city and franchise that is bending over and enabling bad behavior. It's also why I don't respect Marvin Lewis of the Bengals.
    Polaris
    NET Veteran

• Popeyejones wrote:
    CodeWarrior wrote:Yes, that's the argument I'm making. The 12th man flag is well known and prevalent. Carolina doesn't have an equivalent. Are you calling the rule equitable?

That's fine as long as you're willing to ignore the practicalities of this thing we call real life. Team A is known for its flag. Team B has no such flag. Team B passes a regulation governing flags in their stadium prior to playing team A.

Which team does this affect more?
    CodeWarrior
    NET Veteran

• There should also be a rule for Lee Corso and his big heads. If he sits in front of me again, I'm not going to be able to control myself
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:51 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information