Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Funny Story -- Blair Walsh

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Funny Story -- Blair Walsh
Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:18 am
  • Quick background: Born and raised in Seattle, been a Hawks fan my whole life and have never bought another team's jersey.... until two weeks ago.

    Blair Walsh scored 23(!) points on Sunday Night Football in week 16 which gave me a seemingly impossible fantasy football victory by a few points to win me the championship and a nice chunk of change. On a whim I went online and found his jersey half off and ordered it.

    Little did I know he would miss a chip shot field goal to give the Hawks an amazing playoff win!! I was laying on the floor waiting to get stabbed in the heart, barely able to watch. When he missed it I ran straight to my room for the jersey and held it up as the whole room of Hawks fans went nuts. Safe to say this one is staying on my wall for a while.

    Image

    Does this mean I need to buy a Graham Gano jersey right now??

    Go Hawks!
    Go Hawks!!!
    Image
    User avatar
    amac360
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 23
    Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:01 am


Re: Funny Story -- Blair Walsh
Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:23 am
  • I can't fathom why in the hell any fan of the Seahawks would spend money on another team's jersey. This is why I hate fantasy football.
    There was this monkey, right?
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 14322
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Down at the old Milk Plus


Re: Funny Story -- Blair Walsh
Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:27 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:I can't fathom why in the hell any fan of the Seahawks would spend money on another team's jersey. This is why I hate fantasy football.



    Shonuff!
    Love, Peace & Elbow Grease. Let's ROLL, Hawks!
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2543
    Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:17 pm


Re: Funny Story -- Blair Walsh
Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:27 am
  • Ah don't mind peaches, that's a helluva story and pretty freakin' awesome!!

    (Even though I am not a fantasy football fan)...
    Image

    "Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    User avatar
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 12414
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
    Location: Just 4 miles from Richard Sherman!


Re: Funny Story -- Blair Walsh
Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:28 am
  • See if you can find a Cam Newton home Jersey, I'll pitch in.





    :|
    Love, Peace & Elbow Grease. Let's ROLL, Hawks!
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2543
    Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:17 pm


Re: Funny Story -- Blair Walsh
Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:28 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:I can't fathom why in the hell any fan of the Seahawks would spend money on another team's jersey. This is why I hate fantasy football.


    I have no problem with people buying other team's jerseys with a good reason. All time great players' throwback jerseys are always respected, IMO, regardless of team preference. That said, not sure could ever buy a jersey over something as silly as fantasy football...let alone buying a kicker's jersey.
    User avatar
    FlyHawksFly
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1613
    Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:23 pm


Re: Funny Story -- Blair Walsh
Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:30 am
  • GREAT story!!!! And I love fantasy football.

    I ended up yelling so loud when he missed it, both my kids started crying. After which we did the "daddy's not mad" dance around the kitchen island!
    User avatar
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1653
    Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:32 am


Re: Funny Story -- Blair Walsh
Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:33 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:I can't fathom why in the hell any fan of the Seahawks would spend money on another team's jersey. This is why I hate fantasy football.


    If you hold fandom as sacred as marriage, then I can see why having a second, indeed a third favorite team may stink of polygamy, but most people I know have another jersey to don on Thursday nights, during by weeks, or even just Sunday evening.

    I approve of the purchase, sir! (Not like it's my money anyway)
    User avatar
    WindCityHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2502
    Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:51 pm


Re: Funny Story -- Blair Walsh
Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:36 am
  • WindCityHawk wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:I can't fathom why in the hell any fan of the Seahawks would spend money on another team's jersey. This is why I hate fantasy football.


    If you hold fandom as sacred as marriage, then I can see why having a second, indeed a third favorite team may stink of polygamy, but most people I know have another jersey to don on Thursday nights, during by weeks, or even just Sunday evening.

    I approve of the purchase, sir! (Not like it's my money anyway)


    Just stop.
    User avatar
    FlyHawksFly
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1613
    Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:23 pm


Re: Funny Story -- Blair Walsh
Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:45 am
  • Figured I'd get these kind of responses... :thcoffee: Like I said I have never bought any jersey besides a Seahawks jersey before this... I won $500 + bucks and spent $50 just for the sentimental value to wear it to our draft next summer with all the buds.

    Regardless, go Hawks!! It's going to be a long work week leading up to this one.
    Go Hawks!!!
    Image
    User avatar
    amac360
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 23
    Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:01 am


Re: Funny Story -- Blair Walsh
Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:46 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:I can't fathom why in the hell any fan of the Seahawks would spend money on another team's jersey. This is why I hate fantasy football.


    Because other people aren't as tribal as you and it hurts your heart?
    mrt144
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2994
    Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:21 pm


Re: Funny Story -- Blair Walsh
Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:51 am
  • So are you ruxin, Andre, or taco?
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23888
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: Funny Story -- Blair Walsh
Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:52 am
  • I think this is hilarious.
    Image
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    User avatar
    HawkFan72
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 16328
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:50 am
    Location: Antioch, CA


Re: Funny Story -- Blair Walsh
Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:52 am
  • My Brother's a Vikings Fan...
    His birthday is coming up!
    Where did you get that Walsh Jersey for half off?
    User avatar
    Wartooth
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1174
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:29 pm


Re: Funny Story -- Blair Walsh
Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:05 am
  • mrt144 wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:I can't fathom why in the hell any fan of the Seahawks would spend money on another team's jersey. This is why I hate fantasy football.


    Because other people aren't as tribal as you and it hurts your heart?


    Yeah, that's exactly it.
    There was this monkey, right?
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 14322
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Down at the old Milk Plus


Re: Funny Story -- Blair Walsh
Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:08 am
  • Personally, I hate that kickers and defense are even part of fantasy football. Their value each week is extremely random and all it does is essentially invalidate or murk up strategic decisions made at more predictive positions. You could have the better team and make better decisions, but still lose because you got random crap luck at K and D/ST while your opponent had random awesome luck.

    If I won a fantasy championship solely because my kicker happened to have a random lucky game that weekend, I'd take the win, but I wouldn't feel great about it. I Definitely wouldn't buy the kicker's jersey.

    It is a funny story though. A Walsh jersey actually makes great sense as an offbeat piece of Hawks memorabilia now, especially if Seattle goes all the way this season.
    User avatar
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *
     
    Posts: 15975
    Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 am


Re: Funny Story -- Blair Walsh
Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:11 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:I can't fathom why in the hell any fan of the Seahawks would spend money on another team's jersey. This is why I hate fantasy football.


    Cheer up sassypants.

    Cool story bro, I definitely chortled.
    "I knocked you on your ass tho, that's all I'm sayin'. And imma do it again! Imma continue to do it. Imma do it again, Imma do it again and again!" Kam Chancellor.
    User avatar
    SomersetHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2904
    Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 6:33 am
    Location: United Kingdom


Re: Funny Story -- Blair Walsh
Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:17 am
  • Awesome story! Great story to tell the kids someday when giving the full picture of our SB50 winning season.
    "The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there."---LP Hartley
    User avatar
    Trenchbroom
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2834
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:47 am
    Location: Spokangeles


Re: Funny Story -- Blair Walsh
Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:23 am
  • gowazzu02 wrote:GREAT story!!!! And I love fantasy football.

    I ended up yelling so loud when he missed it, both my kids started crying. After which we did the "daddy's not mad" dance around the kitchen island!



    HAHA I think many of us did the "daddy is not mad" dance around our kitchens yesterday afternoon.

    I had to apologize to the dog.
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2086
    Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:53 am
    Location: Phoenix az


Re: Funny Story -- Blair Walsh
Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:26 am
  • amac360 wrote:Figured I'd get these kind of responses... :thcoffee: Like I said I have never bought any jersey besides a Seahawks jersey before this... I won $500 + bucks and spent $50 just for the sentimental value to wear it to our draft next summer with all the buds.

    Regardless, go Hawks!! It's going to be a long work week leading up to this one.


    Should be able to pick it up for $25 now........... :D
    mikeak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7246
    Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


Re: Funny Story -- Blair Walsh
Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:26 am
  • Were you at the game? I think I saw you on TV.

    Image
    User avatar
    253hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3112
    Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:36 am
    Location: PNW


Re: Funny Story -- Blair Walsh
Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:09 pm
  • Wartooth wrote:My Brother's a Vikings Fan...
    His birthday is coming up!
    Where did you get that Walsh Jersey for half off?


    You are a cruel mofo!!! hahaha!!!
    Vancanhawksfan
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 257
    Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:47 pm


Re: Funny Story -- Blair Walsh
Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:22 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:I can't fathom why in the hell any fan of the Seahawks would spend money on another team's jersey. This is why I hate fantasy football.


    100% agree. Fantasy football gives fantasies a bad name. For me it's homo-erotic fantasies about Pehawk or nothing...
    FREE PEHAWK
    User avatar
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *
     
    Posts: 12046
    Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
    Location: PoCompton, BC Canada


Re: Funny Story -- Blair Walsh
Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:15 pm
  • Wartooth wrote:My Brother's a Vikings Fan...
    His birthday is coming up!
    Where did you get that Walsh Jersey for half off?

    After Sunday they will be selling for 10 cent.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 14663
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


Re: Funny Story -- Blair Walsh
Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:00 pm
  • There are a few jerseys I would like to have that aren't Hawks. Bo Jackson, Jim Brown, Barry Sanders... Just to name a few. But I wouldn't wear them. They would sit in a drawer or on my wall. I got a Calvin Johnson one for xmas 2014 but that just sits in the dresser.
    Sherman Penitentiary
    Where there is no possibility of parole.

    LOCKED UP
    User avatar
    JaiSeaSea
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 538
    Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 11:32 pm


Re: Funny Story -- Blair Walsh
Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:18 pm
  • kearly wrote:Personally, I hate that kickers and defense are even part of fantasy football. Their value each week is extremely random and all it does is essentially invalidate or murk up strategic decisions made at more predictive positions. You could have the better team and make better decisions, but still lose because you got random crap luck at K and D/ST while your opponent had random awesome luck.

    If I won a fantasy championship solely because my kicker happened to have a random lucky game that weekend, I'd take the win, but I wouldn't feel great about it. I Definitely wouldn't buy the kicker's jersey.

    It is a funny story though. A Walsh jersey actually makes great sense as an offbeat piece of Hawks memorabilia now, especially if Seattle goes all the way this season.



    Fantasy football (in the head to head format) is absolutely more luck than skill. I have been in a 12 team league where I was in the top 4 scores every week, finished with high score of the year and missed the playoffs (fortunately finished making money with several high scores of the week and the high score of the year prizes.) It isn't like your team can impact the team you are head to head against.
    I used to be Bitter.
    User avatar
    JustTheTip
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1378
    Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:38 pm


Re: Funny Story -- Blair Walsh
Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:21 pm
  • count me in on the dont get it bus.. I also think fantasy football is a waste of time for grown men and it has ruined the way football is watched and judged.
    User avatar
    Ambrose83
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 683
    Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:54 pm


Re: Funny Story -- Blair Walsh
Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:34 pm
  • But of uptight people here.. good lord.
    ImTheScientist wrote:This guy is the closest thing to beast mode we will ever see. You got a glimpse of that yesterday. He was instantly my favorite player when they signed him. Give the dude a chance and don't overreact or overthink preseason. Go Hawks. Lacy will rush for 1,100 and 10TDs. Bend the knee.
    User avatar
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *
     
    Posts: 11368
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 4:55 pm


Re: Funny Story -- Blair Walsh
Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:43 pm
  • Actually, you needed to buy the holder's jersey.

    Laces out!
    hawkfan1975
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 725
    Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:14 pm


Re: Funny Story -- Blair Walsh
Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:16 am
  • Hawkpower wrote:
    gowazzu02 wrote:GREAT story!!!! And I love fantasy football.

    I ended up yelling so loud when he missed it, both my kids started crying. After which we did the "daddy's not mad" dance around the kitchen island!



    HAHA I think many of us did the "daddy is not mad" dance around our kitchens yesterday afternoon.

    I had to apologize to the dog.


    That is priceless! My daughter, who does not follow sport, always said when she was young "They can't hear you, dad!"

    Charles
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 560
    Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:37 pm
    Location: Adelaide, South Australia


Re: Funny Story -- Blair Walsh
Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:37 am
  • Wartooth wrote:My Brother's a Vikings Fan...
    His birthday is coming up!
    Where did you get that Walsh Jersey for half off?


    Still laughing... He'll love it! And you can probably find it at 95% off today.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5414
    Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:18 pm


Re: Funny Story -- Blair Walsh
Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:44 am
  • Ambrose83 wrote:count me in on the dont get it bus.. I also think fantasy football is a waste of time for grown men and it has ruined the way football is watched and judged.


    It is a great way for fans of bad teams to remain interested in the NFL. Plus, being in a league with a bunch of your buddies with significant coin on the line makes for great fun and smack talk. Having a huge trophy for last place is fun too.

    Watch "The League"...very similar to many fantasy football leagues...it's fun.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5414
    Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:18 pm


Re: Funny Story -- Blair Walsh
Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:25 am
  • Fantasy sports are fine, but being absolutely swarmed with ads at every turn (especially in a state that doesn't allow online gambling to begin with) and hearing people blather on about their teams or who they need to do what as games are happening is an assault on sanity. No one cares about your fantasy teams, just like they don't care about pictures of your newly-born crotch spawn on facebook. Keep it to yourself and everyone is happy.
    User avatar
    253hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3112
    Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:36 am
    Location: PNW


Re: Funny Story -- Blair Walsh
Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:41 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:I can't fathom why in the hell any fan of the Seahawks would spend money on another team's jersey. This is why I hate fantasy football.


    I can't fathom someone being a football fan and hating fantasy football.
    Hasselbeck wrote:Matt Flynn should be our starter. Wilson is nothing more than a backup and will never amount to anything in this league.
    User avatar
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3353
    Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:14 am


Re: Funny Story -- Blair Walsh
Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:41 am
  • This jersey is worth nothing if you don't get it signed.
    "The ultimate number is W's, and that’s what matters in Santa Clara. As such, Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does." - Paul Gutierrez
    User avatar
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *
     
    Posts: 22085
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
    Location: Mandaue City, Cebu, Philippines


Re: Funny Story -- Blair Walsh
Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:43 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:So are you ruxin, Andre, or taco?

    Buying this jersey feels like an act of a relationship chameleon, so I'll guess he's Andre. The jersey probably came with a matching fedora.
    User avatar
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *
     
    Posts: 5026
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:42 pm
    Location: Grand Rapids, MI


Re: Funny Story -- Blair Walsh
Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:47 am
  • Rat wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:So are you ruxin, Andre, or taco?

    Buying this jersey feels like an act of a relationship chameleon, so I'll guess he's Andre. The jersey probably came with a matching fedora.


    I'm definitely Rafi.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5414
    Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:18 pm


Re: Funny Story -- Blair Walsh
Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:13 pm
  • Bitter wrote:
    kearly wrote:Personally, I hate that kickers and defense are even part of fantasy football. Their value each week is extremely random and all it does is essentially invalidate or murk up strategic decisions made at more predictive positions. You could have the better team and make better decisions, but still lose because you got random crap luck at K and D/ST while your opponent had random awesome luck.

    If I won a fantasy championship solely because my kicker happened to have a random lucky game that weekend, I'd take the win, but I wouldn't feel great about it. I Definitely wouldn't buy the kicker's jersey.

    It is a funny story though. A Walsh jersey actually makes great sense as an offbeat piece of Hawks memorabilia now, especially if Seattle goes all the way this season.



    Fantasy football (in the head to head format) is absolutely more luck than skill. I have been in a 12 team league where I was in the top 4 scores every week, finished with high score of the year and missed the playoffs (fortunately finished making money with several high scores of the week and the high score of the year prizes.) It isn't like your team can impact the team you are head to head against.


    Oh its definitely a huge amount of luck. I've been top 4 in scoring in all 8 of my FF seasons (and led the league in 4 of those), but just won my first championship this year. I totally agree that luck is a part of the game.

    What I am referring to is non-predictive variance, or basically, "pure" luck. There is far more random variance at K and D/ST than other positions. So if I barely won because my kicker randomly outscored the other kicker by 15 points, I'd probably feel more bad for my opponent than feel good about the win.
    User avatar
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *
     
    Posts: 15975
    Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 am


Re: Funny Story -- Blair Walsh
Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:57 pm
  • Wartooth wrote:My Brother's a Vikings Fan...
    His birthday is coming up!
    Where did you get that Walsh Jersey for half off?


    Omg do it. Ultimate troll job
    User avatar
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1792
    Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:12 am


Re: Funny Story -- Blair Walsh
Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:20 pm
  • I'm not sure if it's worse that people who don't play fantasy bother to badmouth it or that I sometimes get agitated that they do. Granted, I am a casual player who is in a state Air Guard league with some fellow troops, and half of us are Hawks fans, and I am pretty terrible at it. FF has zero impact on the real game and fandom thereof. It does encourage participants to watch more, and to learn more about the league than they otherwise would, though...
    "We have an opportunity to win multiple Super Bowls."
    -Russell Wilson
    User avatar
    Threedee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1737
    Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:08 pm
    Location: Federal Way, WA


Re: Funny Story -- Blair Walsh
Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:17 pm
  • If you wear this to the first Seahawks home game next season, you won't need to buy a drink all day.
    User avatar
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9977
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am


Re: Funny Story -- Blair Walsh
Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:45 pm
  • Threedee wrote:I'm not sure if it's worse that people who don't play fantasy bother to badmouth it or that I sometimes get agitated that they do. Granted, I am a casual player who is in a state Air Guard league with some fellow troops, and half of us are Hawks fans, and I am pretty terrible at it. FF has zero impact on the real game and fandom thereof. It does encourage participants to watch more, and to learn more about the league than they otherwise would, though...


    Ah but it causes people to learn the game the wrong way. They become misinformed stat monkies who think numbers in the box scores are more important than what happens on the field. Up until this year, the fantasy minded among us are the same people who would call Doug Baldwin pedestrian simply because his stats weren't sexy. But anyone actually watching games with an ounce of football knowledge knew better.

    Old school football pools are much better for learning able the game.

    But honestly, I wouldn't begrudge FF so much if people would just shut the hell up about "their team" or "owning" some dude in fantasy. STOP IT! That dude makes enough money to own YOU in real life!
    FREE PEHAWK
    User avatar
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *
     
    Posts: 12046
    Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
    Location: PoCompton, BC Canada


Re: Funny Story -- Blair Walsh
Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:55 pm
  • CANHawk wrote:
    Threedee wrote:I'm not sure if it's worse that people who don't play fantasy bother to badmouth it or that I sometimes get agitated that they do. Granted, I am a casual player who is in a state Air Guard league with some fellow troops, and half of us are Hawks fans, and I am pretty terrible at it. FF has zero impact on the real game and fandom thereof. It does encourage participants to watch more, and to learn more about the league than they otherwise would, though...


    Ah but it causes people to learn the game the wrong way. They become misinformed stat monkies who think numbers in the box scores are more important than what happens on the field. Up until this year, the fantasy minded among us are the same people who would call Doug Baldwin pedestrian simply because his stats weren't sexy. But anyone actually watching games with an ounce of football knowledge knew better.

    Old school football pools are much better for learning able the game.

    But honestly, I wouldn't begrudge FF so much if people would just shut the hell up about "their team" or "owning" some dude in fantasy. STOP IT! That dude makes enough money to own YOU in real life!


    Semantics... When did everyone become so offended by every little thing? I have heard NFL players bragging about "owning" other players in their fantasy leagues. I just don't care about anyone else's team...that's why I don't want to hear about their team.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5414
    Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:18 pm




It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:01 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information