Any one else think Sherman had one of his best games ever?

firemanseahawk

Reaction score
The All Pro has had many great games but in the Minnesota he seemed like he was everywhere. Total game, pass and run Defense. Hard to see on TV but it seemed like he was doing well on Special teams also.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
He had a GREAT game. My husband said his overall effort was amazing and he had to apologize to me because of an argument we had the week before about him. Don't ask. :lol:

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Last season I'd say it was arguable, but this season Sherman has clearly emerged as the top banana in the LOB.

marko358

Reaction score
Yeah he was straight up balling. Pretty effective in the run game. I noticed him come up and help tackle on more than a handful of plays.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Agreed. Great play by Sherm. And he came a hair's width away from blocking a field goal too.

No way to know for sure whether that affected the final FG attempt, but I wouldn't be surprised if that near-block occupied a tiny spot in Walsh's subconscious.

formido

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":2niox534 said:
Agreed. Great play by Sherm. And he came a hair's width away from blocking a field goal too.

No way to know for sure whether that affected the final FG attempt, but I wouldn't be surprised if that near-block occupied a tiny spot in Walsh's subconscious.

Almost certainly did. In that article by a former college kicker:

http://insidethepylon.com/film-study/fi ... ield-goal/

He goes into great detail about what went wrong on the kick. Probably the most important thing is that Walsh planted his foot almost 50% closer than he normally does. This is not mentioned in the article, but it's likely he rushed his approach due to fear of Sherman, leading to him covering slightly more ground than usual.

Another factor was that the holder didn't want to risk turning the ball with cold weather gloves on. So Minnesota got a big advantage from the cold weather--the fact they were in the game at all--but ultimately was hoist on its own petard.

But anyway, Sherman probably won us that game. Clutch player.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
I got to go with Sherman on this. I'm a believer that he made Walsh hurry his approach, which caused his plant foot to be too deep and heeling his kick.

seahawksny

Reaction score
when youre D holds AP to 45 yards on 23 carries, its an earned victory

Dizzlepdx

Reaction score
Largent80":3a9gprp3 said:
FlyHawksFly":3a9gprp3 said:
Largent80":3a9gprp3 said:
He was the best player on the field yesterday.

Bennett and it wasn't even close. Bennett was the best player on the field in any game this weekend.

72 was good but not 25 good.

Taking nothing away from Sherman because he did have a fantastic day, but Bennett was an absolute monster in this game. The stats don't show it, but Minny O-linemen will see him in their nightmares.

hawker84

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":19ulzbka said:
Largent80":19ulzbka said:
FlyHawksFly":19ulzbka said:
Largent80":19ulzbka said:
He was the best player on the field yesterday.

Bennett and it wasn't even close. Bennett was the best player on the field in any game this weekend.

72 was good but not 25 good.

I suggest you go back and watch Bennett. He was almost unblockable and majorly disrupted their offense. Sherm played a hell of a game, and maybe affected the kicker's motion, but make no mistake Bennett was the MVP on the field.

Yep I would agree

sutz

Reaction score
Wasn't it Sherm that was holding AP up when Kam stripped the ball for the fumble? I know he was in the area.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
sutz":2bh64cn5 said:
Wasn't it Sherm that was holding AP up when Kam stripped the ball for the fumble? I know he was in the area.

No, that was KJ.