Can someone who was at the game...

whidbeast

Reaction score
Please talk about how painful it was just to be outside today?

I think some people are bummed our offense didn't perform better in conditions so brutal your grapes retract into your chest cavity. You could offer some reassurance.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Nobody that was at the game survived. You won't hear from anyone.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I wasn't but both teams played in the same conditions and almost lost, some say we should have. So what's the excuse for that?

minormillikin

Reaction score
Yeah, I'd also like to hear about the cold, the general atmosphere, noise level, fan reaction to the ending, and how you were treated on the way out.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I just know it was worse for the fans than it was the players. They at least got to go inside at halftime and sit on heated benches when they were on the sidelines.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
HawkFan72":a6xkon1k said:
I just know it was worse for the fans than it was the players. They at least got to go inside at halftime and sit on heated benches when they were on the sidelines.

Lol .. No.. The fans have layers and blankets.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":1k61meai said:
I wasn't but both teams played in the same conditions and almost lost, some say we should have. So what's the excuse for that?

I don't understand the point of your post. Sure, the Hawks almost lost, but the Vikings did lose and didn't even crack 200 total yards of offense. They had just as many issues with the conditions.

Russdaman

Reaction score
It was brutal And Vikings fans are a bunch of A-holes. Russell missed a few open throws he wouldn't miss if not for the cold. It was downright miserable.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
My friend posted a picture of her beer that froze up right after she opened it. How do you handle such conditions?!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Ambrose83":1gx3817t said:
HawkFan72":1gx3817t said:

You think the players on the sidelines don't? Heated benches, helmet warmers, unlimited foot and hand warmers, NFL-authentic cold weather gear. It was probably pretty nice on the sidelines, actually.

minormillikin

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":1gros01e said:
My friend posted a picture of her beer that froze up right after she opened it. How do you handle such conditions?!

This is horrific!

irocdave

Reaction score
Guess we have a lot of people that have never experienced temperatures like what this game was played in today and need some reference to prove some point about the temps not mattering. LAME. Listening to people that have actually been in them and or the players take mean nothing.

If you want to know what it feels like go sit in a minus 10 freezer for 4 hours. If your really interested I'm sure one of the fish processing plants on the water front will let you do it. But you wont, just like you wouldn't spend much time outside if the temps get down to that in Seattle again.

I worked in these temps in the early 90's in Seattle, maybe 92 or 93 then again in the winter of 95. Betting most of these new hawk "fans" have never experienced these temps, and are looking for some one to justify their opinion of what did or didn't happen because of the weather.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
HawkFan72":345d8vsg said:
Ambrose83":345d8vsg said:
HawkFan72":345d8vsg said:

You think the players on the sidelines don't? Heated benches, helmet warmers, unlimited foot and hand warmers, NFL-authentic cold weather gear. It was probably pretty nice on the sidelines, actually.

Ya bet the defense loved all that being out on the field for basically the entire first qtr

sc85sis

Reaction score
I have a scar on my thumb. I got it brushing snow off a satellite dish late at night when it was sleeting, about -5 out and the wind chill was about 40 below (I was in small market radio and had to clean the dish so the news feed would come in instead of the sound of fuzz). The edge of the old-school dish sliced me. I never felt it until about ten minutes after I went back inside. I took off my gloves and wondered why I had blood on my hand. I was lucky the cut wasn't deeper.

There is a reason I moved from MI to CA. Temps that cold aren't meant to be lived in let alone be outside playing football.

Allweatherfan

Reaction score
irocdave":i3rlsk8o said:
Guess we have a lot of people that have never experienced temperatures like what this game was played in today and need some reference to prove some point about the temps not mattering. LAME. Listening to people that have actually been in them and or the players take mean nothing.

If you want to know what it feels like go sit in a minus 10 freezer for 4 hours. If your really interested I'm sure one of the fish processing plants on the water front will let you do it. But you wont, just like you wouldn't spend much time outside if the temps get down to that in Seattle again.

I worked in these temps in the early 90's in Seattle, maybe 92 or 93 then again in the winter of 95. Betting most of these new hawk "fans" have never experienced these temps, and are looking for some one to justify their opinion of what did or didn't happen because of the weather.
Tell us more stories about being salty

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
irocdave":zw4839q4 said:

What is the point of this post, other than telling us how awesome you are?

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I was at the 03 Wildcard game. It was damn cold and I had snowmobile gear on under my jersey. I had an alcohol dispenser that was at car Temps in the lot outside, but by the 3rd quarter it was literally ice cold but not frozen solid. I was drinking it straight the whole time through a tube because I couldn't hold a cup.

Sign37now

Reaction score
I wasn't there but Russ looked like he was in physical pain. Like his damn face was frozen while trying to talk in the huddle. I live in Moses Lake and it's not uncommon to get single digit temps here. My job requires me to be outside in these temps and just after a few minutes it is absolutely miserable. Both teams were effected by it today and I'm just glad the better team won and gets to advance.