Quick Cow-blips

Ruminator

Reaction score
Our defense allowing just one touchdown in the last SIX road games (today's WC game included) is nothing short of incredible. That's flat-out historic.

Very glad Russell Wilson look a quick "peek" to see where the linebackers were that resulted in the snap mishap-turned-long completion to Lockett. What is usually a very ugly result was the best thing that happened all game.

Baldwin's one-hander was pretty pedestrian. Pedestrian named Clark Kent.

I honestly thought Bennett had a torn ACL for a few minutes there. Couldn't believe he was back on the field two plays later.

Never gave up on the team, but will admit this was one of the toughest games to watch in a while. Absolutely tense from kickoff to missed 27-yard FG.

Continue to hope RW improves his longer throws to reduce the frequency of slightly under-throwing his receivers. Too often, Lockett and others have had to pull up a bit to try to make a catch, forcing them to work in a tangle of defender arms or worse. I realize long throws aren't exactly easy, but if Wilson were able to add just 1 to 3 feet of distance when throwing to Locket et al., damn that would bode wonders.

The new Vikings stadium nearing completion that they showed during the game is one wicked looking stadium. Darth Vader's earth base. Maybe someday someone will yell "Now, Luke!" and Luke Willson and the Seahawks will end the Vikings' season once again.

Optimus25

Reaction score
This game felt like nfccg last year.

Brutal on your heart till the very end.

OP
OP
Ruminator

Ruminator

Reaction score
Optimus25":1y36ztdn said:
This game felt like nfccg last year.

Brutal on your heart till the very end.

It reminded me of when the New York Giants came to town in 2005 and the game went to overtime. It wasn't a playoff game, but it was the year Seattle advanced all the way to Super Bowl XL. FG kicker Jay Feely missed two FG attempts including one in overtime -- the one you see TE Jeremy Shockey reacting to after his premature celebration:

Qawy8L8

Seahawks went on to win 24-21. ESPN recap here: http://espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=251127026

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Ruminator":2u5g0ooo said:
Our defense allowing just one touchdown in the last SIX road games (today's WC game included) is nothing short of incredible. That's flat-out historic.

Very glad Russell Wilson look a quick "peek" to see where the linebackers were that resulted in the snap mishap-turned-long completion to Lockett. What is usually a very ugly result was the best thing that happened all game.

Baldwin's one-hander was pretty pedestrian. Pedestrian named Clark Kent.

I honestly thought Bennett had a torn ACL for a few minutes there. Couldn't believe he was back on the field two plays later.

Never gave up on the team, but will admit this was one of the toughest games to watch in a while. Absolutely tense from kickoff to missed 27-yard FG.

Continue to hope RW improves his longer throws to reduce the frequency of slightly under-throwing his receivers. Too often, Lockett and others have had to pull up a bit to try to make a catch, forcing them to work in a tangle of defender arms or worse. I realize long throws aren't exactly easy, but if Wilson were able to add just 1 to 3 feet of distance when throwing to Locket et al., damn that would bode wonders.

The new Vikings stadium nearing completion that they showed during the game is one wicked looking stadium. Darth Vader's earth base. Maybe someday someone will yell "Now, Luke!" and Luke Willson and the Seahawks will end the Vikings' season once again.

I echo the positives, but I can't believe you are talking about accuracy of deep balls in temps like that. RW throws a better deep ball that most QB in the league when it's not colder than a witches teet. Nobody throws a good deep ball in that weather.

OP
OP
Ruminator

Ruminator

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":3pk969k8 said:
I echo the positives, but I can't believe you are talking about accuracy of deep balls in temps like that. RW throws a better deep ball that most QB in the league when it's not colder than a witches teet. Nobody throws a good deep ball in that weather.

Wasn't referring to this icebox game only -- it has actually been a recurring issue in several games going back at least a couple months. If you re-watch some of them you'll see the long passes, to Lockett in particular, slightly under thrown. Possibly because it's still taking RW a while to get used to Lockett's blazing speed. Sometimes Lockett manages to catch them but has had to pull up a bit and oftentimes deal more directly with a defender than he otherwise would if the pass had been placed more in front of him.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
This has been a recurring problem for Russ. His receivers have bailed him out on it numerous times. If he starts hitting those deep balls in stride, this team will be unstoppable.

-bsd

Latest posts