Coin toss today......

pmedic920

Reaction score
So, in my mind, to say the weather won't play a role tomorrow is kind of silly.
I think it absolutely is going to have an effect on both teams, and that the effect will be more so as the game goes on.

With that in mind, I think if we win the coin toss that it would be a good idea to take the ball and try to get points on the board ASAP.

What say you?

sutz

Reaction score
Don't think we ever do that. I like deferring, myself. Put our D out there first.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Never.

Defer, but choose the end so you have the wind in the 4th.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3695a0ig said:
Never.

I don't think it works that way. You choose which end so you have the wind the way you want at the end of a given half. At the beginning of the second half, both choices are made again.

Right?

halps80

Reaction score
Always defer, particularly in a game that you think could be close due to conditions. Deferring guarantees you will have at least as many offensive possessions as the opponent in the second half, with a 50% chance you'll have an extra possession. If you don't defer, you could end up with one fewer possession.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
jkitsune":u6hy4sij said:
Scottemojo":u6hy4sij said:
Never.

I don't think it works that way. You choose which end so you have the wind the way you want at the end of a given half. At the beginning of the second half, both choices are made again.

Right?
I have no idea. I guess I always assumed the choice was made one time to begin the game.

CHawk

Reaction score
If you defer, you are getting to choose your option the second half (receive) other team picks direction of kick.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
My prediction: if hawk fans get restless waiting for the game there will be a thread about the coin toss.

BASF

Reaction score
Does Tarvaris Jackson always do the coin flip? If so, did the Vikings fans boo him at the first game we played there this season? Will they boo him for the coin flip for this game?

mort

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":15dzzrqi said:
My prediction: if hawk fans get restless waiting for the game there will be a thread about the coin toss.
Now that's funny.

sutz

Reaction score
BASF":kq6ljhor said:
Does Tarvaris Jackson always do the coin flip? If so, did the Vikings fans boo him at the first game we played there this season? Will they boo him for the coin flip for this game?
I think he only does overtime tosses, if necessary.

seattlesportsfan24

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":6jj5vhdy said:

:lol: :lol: nice one.

But hell, I was restless Monday morning...today I'm a wreck