New to the Net

BendHawk

Reaction score
Long time lurker, first time posting. I've been a Hawk fan since the early 80's living in So Cal, for the past dozen years living in the NW. The Seahawks sure have come a long way in the 30 years I've been a fan. My first game was at the Kingdome in 98', it was a loss to the Raiders, but still a great experience. Since then I have had the good fortune to see several at the Clink .

I just wanted to introduce myself, Go Hawks!! :2:

Correction: First home game was in 1998, actual first game was the 1983 AFC Championship game against the Raiders.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
BendHawk":2eaouf57 said:
Long time lurker, first time posting. I've been a Hawk fan since the early 80's living in So Cal, for the past dozen years living in the NW. The Seahawks sure have come a long way in the 30 years I've been a fan. My first game was at the Kingdome in 98', it was a loss to the Raiders, but still a great experience. Since then I have had the good fortune to see several at the Clink .

I just wanted to introduce myself, Go Hawks!! :2:

Nope. No good. You haven't been a fan since '76, so how are we supposed to take you seriously?

Kidding. Welcome! :2:

Sac

Reaction score
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of digit fans, and the tyranny of Goodell. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and good 12s-man-ship shepherd the new through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost members. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those that attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is THE LORD, when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Welcome to .NET!

Sac

Reaction score
pmedic920":31sgj3mu said:
Welcome, glad you found us.

For you own safety and enjoyment of our site, stay away from that Sachawk guy.
He's trouble in many forms.
:{)

chris98251

Reaction score
Welcome and glad to have another California transplant on board the good ship Seahawk!

whidbeast

Reaction score
Welcome! I'm also a shameless bandwagon fan, didn't start rooting for the Hawks until the early 80's when I was born.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Welcome.

That 1983 AFC Championship game your first game. Wow, what a first game to get to attend. I was one depressed kid that day. The Seahawks should have won that game and obliterated the Redskins in that Super Bowl instead of the Raiders. Sigh. It was an amazing season, though.

rjdriver

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":oppxviqd said:
Welcome.

That 1983 AFC Championship game your first game. Wow, what a first game to get to attend. I was one depressed kid that day. The Seahawks should have won that game and obliterated the Redskins in that Super Bowl instead of the Raiders. Sigh. It was an amazing season, though.

Hard to beat a division opponent thrice in one year. That was a tough loss, and I lost my sixth grade lunch money on a bet with a Raider fan.

Welcome to .Net!! Keep posting, and have thick skin when someone disagrees with you!

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Welcome to the net. I missed that game as I was over in the Philippines working. I think all of these people have had great contributions to your intro....especially that Pmedic dude.

In all honesty, have fun, discuss things you like and want to, and teach where you can, learn where you would like. We are a pretty decent lot here.

P.S. if people get goofy, remember your friends and foes....on your profile page.

Laloosh

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":16w61kxm said:
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of digit fans, and the tyranny of Goodell. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and good 12s-man-ship shepherd the new through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost members. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those that attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is THE LORD, when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Welcome to .NET!

Aww Hell, Sac's off of his meds again... Someone get the tranq gun.

OP, welcome to posting on .net. :)

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Laloosh":3g2hzoko said:
SacHawk2.0":3g2hzoko said:

Welcome to .NET!

Are you sure Loosh?? Could be he is back on his meds again???? :twisted: :stirthepot:

RussB

Reaction score
Bandwagoner.................only been a fan since the 80's and you live in socal.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":1csw9kbf said:
Laloosh":1csw9kbf said:
SacHawk2.0":1csw9kbf said:

Welcome to .NET!

Are you sure Loosh?? Could be he is back on his meds again???? :twisted: :stirthepot:

Sac's on meds????, if so, how can anyone tell the difference????

Welcome aboard Bend.
Since my good buddy Retired and moved there a couple Years back, I thought they would have renamed it either Bent, or Broken. :stirthepot:

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
rjdriver":2qylw6cu said:
TeamoftheCentury":2qylw6cu said:
Welcome.

Hard to beat a division opponent thrice in one year. That was a tough loss, and I lost my sixth grade lunch money on a bet with a Raider fan.

Welcome to .Net!! Keep posting, and have thick skin when someone disagrees with you!

I'd say it's hard to win ANY game in the NFL... period. But, yeah... I'm familiar with what you've said. Also, Minnesota didn't have some of it's starters in the earlier game this year. ;) Without looking it up, I think the score was something like 33-14. So, it wasn't seemingly close. IIRC, though... seems like the Hawks just shot themselves in the foot early and then it was too little too late. It was an uncharacteristic game for that team. That's why I say they should have won.

.... But, I'm not BITTER STILL!!!!! Lol

Go Hawks