Funny thing Bevell did Sunday

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Pick-slant. The infamous. Surprised it wasn't brought up till now.

Troll grade: A+. Love it.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Lol didn't notice that, damn they should of used Kearse for that play last year.

kamikazehawk

Reaction score
Honestly, that was my only complaint against the call originally was the target of choice. Maybe that was meant to catch them off guard but we had at least 3 receivers on the team that make that catch or at the least avoid the interception.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Good try but it was neither the stacked formation nor was it against the same defensive look.
It would have been better to call the slant play from the 1 yd line following Russe!!'s unsuccessful slide to the endzone.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
We're damn lucky we have Bevell! Great fit for our team's success

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
kamikazehawk":1dil3xrx said:
Honestly, that was my only complaint against the call originally was the target of choice. Maybe that was meant to catch them off guard but we had at least 3 receivers on the team that make that catch or at the least avoid the interception.

That is also my only beef with the play...personnel assignments. Kearse is MUCH better at contested balls and Lockette is sturdy enough to have a better chance against Browner. Right play call for the situation, but big matchup mistake by not respecting Browner's physicality.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":yz2ouznx said:

......and there he goes again :lol: :mrgreen:

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
kamikazehawk":2r3a7krt said:

I think this is Bevell's fundamental philosophy--the best play is the least expected play, even when the expected play is expected because it's the right play.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
GeekHawk":3h98sohc said:
Siouxhawk":3h98sohc said:
:pukeface: :pukeface:
On his best days he doesn't screw up too badly.
:roll:

And still people refuse to give him credit.

I seriously wouldn't swap him for any other OC in the league. And I suspect Pete Carroll wouldn't do either, after another bout of unprovoked gushing praise for Bevell and Cable in his latest press conference.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that people constantly want to complain about Bevell. Fans need something to complain about -- especially as some people's expectations are near flawless seasons and 14-16 wins these days. But I am shocked that people seem to think they know better than Pete Carroll.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Absolutely I can understand the early season criticism. I think too much of it was focused on Bevell -- Cable's O-line hammered the offense more than the play calling (which was arguably directly impacted by the terrible line). But it was understandable nonetheless with the team losing and people getting frustrated/concerned about a possible lost season.

What I don't get is the continued negativity around Bevell and the total unwillingness by some to give credit where it is due. The passing offense has been as good as any in the NFL since the bye week. The line is better, Wilson is playing brilliantly. The creative play design is on another level. You throw to the full back out of the backfield on one TD, then on your next red zone possession fake the same throw and go to a TE on a crossing route at the other side? It's stuff like that where you realise how frickin creative the Seahawks are compared to so many tired, predictable, boring offenses.

Seattle finished with the second best offense in the league per DVOA. That is a beautiful thing.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1zaynpta said:
Seattle finished with the second best offense in the league per DVOA. That is a beautiful thing.

There is no way we get the 2nd place offense with only a decent O-cordinator for 6-7 games in a season. For us to end up this high, here was more success in the offensive scheme than some will give credit for even when we had things to rightly criticize at the start of this year.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":2ild6ihm said:
Siouxhawk":2ild6ihm said:

......and there he goes again :lol: :mrgreen:
And you should be eating crow and thanking your lucky stars that management wasn't in line with your misguided thoughts

HawkGA

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":2wbcgvoz said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/FieldGulls/status/684558635054186497[/tweet]

Baldwin did a nice job showig Kearse how to run the rub part of that route.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3qf27lpp said:

And we have been top 10 for a while with probably the least amount of offensive capital in the league. The whole offensive staff from the WR coaches, offensive line quality control coaches to Bevell and Cable deserve much much more credit than they have got.

I still marvel that a malcontented former first round RB, an undersized 3rd round QB, a bunch of undrafted receivers and a merry-go-round offensive line has been so succesful for so long.

There is no other offense in football that has been in the top 7 in DVOA every year for the past 4 except for New England. Not Green Bay. Not New Orleans. Not Denver.

What drives me nuts is that people only want to give him credit for the past two months as if that is the only good stretch we have had and we have been the Chiefs or Lions the rest of the time.