Lynch on 3rd down

j hawk

Reaction score
All due respect to Fred Jackson BUT wouldn't you prefer Lynch on 3rd down. Lynch is as good at pass pro and receiving but far more of a run threat. Third down and 1 or 2 the defense would really fear the run possibility. Hit Lynch in the open field with a swing pass in frigid weather , who would want to tackle him. I think this would be a good way to ease him back into action 8-12 plays.

Basis4day

Reaction score
j hawk":1ik4rg9o said:
All due respect to Fred Jackson BUT wouldn't you prefer Lynch on 3rd down. Lynch is as good at pass pro and receiving but far more of a run threat. Third down and 1 or 2 the defense would really fear the run possibility. Hit Lynch in the open field with a swing pass in frigid weather , who would want to tackle him. I think this would be a good way to ease him back into action 8-12 plays.

The term "third down back" is just a name, not a rule. The use of Lynch won't be limited to 1st and 2nd down alone. It never has.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
j hawk":20ecfch0 said:
Hit Lynch in the open field with a swing pass in frigid weather , who would want to tackle him. I think this would be a good way to ease him back into action 8-12 plays.

We are all interested to see which "Marshawn" will show up this Sunday. If he is getting at least five yards with every carry, then more power to him!

Boycie

Reaction score
j hawk":2wxulv7d said:

I think that they brought in Fred Jackson as a third down back because he can catch the ball well, and that is something that is needed on third down situations. They also brought him in to give Lynch a break as well.