Hawks favored by 5.5 over Minnesota

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Vegas showing us a lot of respect with this line. It's pretty rare for road playoff teams to be favored by more than a FG. I don't think this line will reach a TD, but I could see it going as high as 6.5.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Seahawks now only favored by 4 :?

I think the line drop had to do with Lynch being out. It went from -5 to -4 with the news of Lynch.

marko358

Reaction score
I think people are making too much out of this Lynch situation. We beat their brains in without him a few weeks ago. No logical reason for the line to change other than too many people overreacting to this development.

sutz

Reaction score
marko358 said:
I think people are making too much out of this Lynch situation. We beat their brains in without him a few weeks ago. No logical reason for the line to change other than too many people overreacting to this development.[/quoteI]

I agree. Too much being made of it. RBBC with Christine Michael as chairman of the board seems to be working quite well these past couple of weeks. Plus, Russ-ADB is a winning combination, and if they do neutralize Doug, Kearse and Lockett have stepped up. And they still need to score on our D.

Cold is a bit of a leveler, but it is starting to look like it won't be quite as bad as originally predicted. Besides, it hits both teams.

chris98251

Reaction score
I look at it this way, if it's just cold and the field is hard then it could be a fast field, keeping warmed up the key but the RB's will be about their normal selves. The ball is harder sometimes but they change out balls regularly and I will bet have them in a warmer somewhere also. Now if it's a snow field the advantage goes to the runner who can cut and everyone else has to react, Peterson may have the advantage, he cuts great, Michael is more a slash guy.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I think one thing that is being missed is that AP is banged up himself, and the freezing temps are not going to help him either.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1ebbhr91 said:
I think one thing that is being missed is that AP is banged up himself, and the freezing temps are not going to help him either.

Why they have to keep warm, a back like Lynch that spasms is susceptible of cold days to stiffen quickly, we typically choose to go on defense so he will be fine 1st half, second half after half time and if we receive the ball he could be sitting a while and stiffen up a lot.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
The line dropped because its a setup bait for ppl to bet on the Seahawks and lose ;-)

BadgerVid

Reaction score
This game worries me for reasons I can't quite identify.

If they win this one, I think they go to the Bowl...I am just not about to bet on this one.

marko358

Reaction score
BadgerVid":1oabmx59 said:
This game worries me for reasons I can't quite identify.

If they win this one, I think they go to the Bowl...I am just not about to bet on this one.
You think the Vikings are the biggest obstacle to the super bowl? Umm, ok

DeeHawks

Reaction score
marko358":3bw91jer said:
I think people are making too much out of this Lynch situation. We beat their brains in without him a few weeks ago. No logical reason for the line to change other than too many people overreacting to this development.
Agree... Lynch or no Lynch we are winning this game...!!

wazzuvius

Reaction score
38-7 without Lynch. No reason to believe V2 should be any scarier. Seahawks should truly be ashamed if they drop this game considering how much they owned that last game not that long ago. NO OFFENSIVE SCORES ALLOWED? On THEIR field!

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Not sure how Vegas can give us the upper hand in this one.

We don't have Rawls, and we did when we played them last. That is a huge loss.

Kam is coming back from injury, so no idea how he does.

And what are the chances of holding the best RB in the game to under 50 again? Not likely.

Worse, the cold weather is going to play havoc with our ability to pass the ball.

SFVikeFan

Reaction score
wazzuvius":1vp61rew said:
38-7 without Lynch. No reason to believe V2 should be any scarier. Seahawks should truly be ashamed if they drop this game considering how much they owned that last game not that long ago. NO OFFENSIVE SCORES ALLOWED? On THEIR field!

38-7 without Lynch, Rawls, or Luke Wilson .... while the Vikings get 4 defensive starters - including their 3 best players on defense - back in the lineup who didn't play last time?

Pretty confident ...

Ambrose83

Reaction score
SFVikeFan":1auwi45w said:
wazzuvius":1auwi45w said:

38-7 without Lynch, Rawls, or Luke Wilson .... while the Vikings get 4 defensive starters - including their 3 best players on defense - back in the lineup who didn't play last time?

Pretty confident ...

you sound pretty confident as well for a fan of a team that struggled to put up 20 pts on the packers D.... your qb looked lost for 3/4 of that game and that was in MUCH better weather then what is in store. " ON paper" the Hawks have advantage at every single pos minus the RB..... but hey any given sunday right.

Optimus25

Reaction score
SFVikeFan":1ff3151o said:
wazzuvius":1ff3151o said:

Pretty confident ...

Palmer was pretty confident last week too.

And little ewok bridgegobbler would choke on carsons jock strap.

Too much?. It's the playoff adrenaline. Whoo!

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1oihvr4i said:
Not sure how Vegas can give us the upper hand in this one.

We don't have Rawls, and we did when we played them last. That is a huge loss.

Kam is coming back from injury, so no idea how he does.

And what are the chances of holding the best RB in the game to under 50 again? Not likely.

Worse, the cold weather is going to play havoc with our ability to pass the ball.
We usually contain Peterson quite well. And he's pretty banged up.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
The odds have dropped to -4.5 for Seattle. After winning tomorrow, the odds makers will favor the Panthers over the Hawks.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2iz468io said:
The odds have dropped to -4.5 for Seattle. After winning tomorrow, the odds makers will favor the Panthers over the Hawks.

And the NFL will hold an emergency meeting so they can move the game to London where it will be played at 6:00am Pacific time on Thursday. They will then assign Bill Leavy as head official to make sure the game is officiated correctly. When the Seahawks win that game, they'll bring back Carey to be the official in the following game to fix what Leavy didn't. When that fails, the NFL owners will hold an emergency meeting where they will vote to get rid of the playoff format and just use the old BCS formula to crown the Packers and Steelers as co-champions...and all will be right in the World.

mort

Reaction score
That made me laugh. Pardon me while I get my tinfoil hat ready for tomorrow.