Tyler Lockett is better than Percy Harvin

smashmouth59

Reaction score
I was just listening to nfll network and one of the analysts said very assertively that "Tyler Locket is better than Percy Harvin."

It took me a minute to process this but the magnitude of that statement hit me like a ton of bricks. This guy has arrived and it is obvious. I can't get you stats, we know his drop rate is at the top along with Baldwin and Kearse.

He is clearly a better route runner with better hands, just as elusive, a better returner, and twice the focus, dedication and intelligence as Percy Harvin. He gives this offense the screen game, the deep ball, a guy you go to deep in 1 on 1 coverage and trust that he is getting it or no-one is.

We know Cooper or Gurley will get offensive rookie of the year, but arguably neither have been as consistent as Tyler Locket has been over the last 8 games.

This team is stacked with talent and our offense is no longer the little brother to the defense. Tyler "The Kid" Locket is the receiver we have been looking for since we traded for Percy Harvin.

Go hawks.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Understatement of the year.

If you just talk about attitude, commitment to team over self and football IQ puts Lockett above Harvin. Add in route running and toughness? Not even close for me.

I love everything about this kid, he's gonna be a star in this league.

sutz

Reaction score
That might be the biggest "D'uh!" statement of the century. :laugh:

Don't mean to pee in your cheerios, bro, I actually full on agree with what you said 100%.

No-E seems to have very similar talent and speed level compared to Harvin while having a far better attitude and brain for the game. We wasted a lot of resources on the Harvin experiment, sorry about that. Lock is demonstrating why Schneid gave so much to move up in the draft and snag this kid. Frankly, he's looking like first round talent right now. A couple of 3rd day picks used to get this guy is a steal.

samwize77

Reaction score
How does he match up numbers wise to Gurly or Cooper?

Someone posted NoE had 1700 all purpose yards and 8 td's. Do any of these guys even come close in yards?

seahawksny

Reaction score
attitude and work ethic leads to success
harvin ruined himself by deciding to show up when he wanted to

kjreid

Reaction score
Biggest steal of the draft imo, he was a good pick for a returner and special teams guy but what he has brought to our offense is Tim Brownish in a way.
ROOKIE YEARS
--------------------------- Tim Brown __________________ Tyler Lockett
receptions ----------------- 43 _____________________ 51
receiving yds-------------- 725 _____________________ 664
receiving TD's ------------- 5 _____________________ 6
Rushing yds ---------------50 _____________________ 20
Rushing TD's ----------------1 ______________________ 0
Kick off returns -------------41 ______________________ 33
Kick off yds ----------------1,098 _____________________ 852
Kick off yds avg------------ 26.8 _____________________ 25.8
Punt returns------------------- 49 _____________________ 40
punt yds ---------------------- 444 _____________________ 379
Punt yd avg------------------ 9.1 _____________________ 9.5
return TD's----------------------1 _____________________ 2
Draft round------------------1st/ 8 overall _________________3rd/ 69 overall

OP
OP
smashmouth59

smashmouth59

Reaction score
I am not a stat guy, but if someone wants to look up the numbers I would be grateful.

"That might be the biggest "D'uh!" statement of the century. :laugh:"- I didn't say it, I just heard it said and found it significant.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Putting the uniform on doesn't make the player a Seahawk.

I don't think PH ever became a Seahawk.

IMHO Tyler Lockett is a Seahawk and that's the #1 reason he is better for us.

Seymour

Reaction score
Not only do I agree, but have believed this to be true since around mid season. Lockett was a huge score from this years draft class. And Rawls as well (UDFA)

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
I think Harvin is faster and probably a little quicker but that doesn't make him a better football player.

Lockett is a better all around football player and teammate easily.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
No, no people. Don't you know that the Seahawks gave up too much to move up in the draft to get this guy. A lot of the "expurts" said so!

peachesenregalia":bz7kbln1 said:
I don't want to get crap for this, but Russell has over/underthrown this kid at least a dozen times this season on would-be TDs. Had Russ been able to hit him in stride, he'd have twice as many TDs and a crapload more yards.
I agree. It has taken Russ a while to adjust to NoE. I think he's faster than he looks in pads and while route running. I feel like they're getting close to being on the same page most of the time now based on that pass yesterday. He lead Tyler perfectly giving him a chance to accelerate to the ball (but not too far) while making it possible to use his body to shield the DB. It was a thing of beauty.

Seymour

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":26hh0oy1 said:
I think Harvin is faster and probably a little quicker but that doesn't make him a better football player.

They are nearly identical in 40 times.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
peachesenregalia":21lhnza5 said:
I don't want to get crap for this, but Russell has over/underthrown this kid at least a dozen times this season on would-be TDs. Had Russ been able to hit him in stride, he'd have twice as many TDs and a crapload more yards.

I've noticed that too. A lot. While they've had some plays that were stellar, and right on the money, they've also missed with that connection probably more than they've succeeded. In fact, Wilson's last interception was one he mis-threw to Lockett if I remember correctly. And he had him in the end zone a number of times that he overthrew. As eye-popping as Wilson's accuracy was this year, he gets that connection right with Lockett and we're gonna see some real fireworks!

HawkerD

Reaction score
And when you look at the value proposition it isn't close. TL 4 years for $3.3M and PH who we paid $18.3M for 8 games not to mention the draft choice we lost. Sickening!

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Well considering Harvin apparently was not capable of returning punts, of course Tyler is better. He's the man!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2h6imx7d said:

Harvin came out of college with a 4.41, Lockett.........................4.40.

Lockett looks much smoother as he's avoiding tackles, Harvin is more lateral like a running back. So maybe that's what you're seeing. But no, Lockett is every bit as fast and quick as Harvin.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Here are the guys the Redskins drafted from the Tyler Lockett pick

Matt Jones RB 794 yards running and receiving yards 4 TD
Arie Kouandjio OG played only 4 games, backup probably
Kyshoen Jarrett SS Played all 16 games logged 38 tackles 4 pass defended.

Definitely a steal of the year

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Again, as much as we hate the Harvin trade, I feel if we never traded for Harvin, we never lose Tate.

If Tate is on this team in 2015, I truly doubt Seahawks draft Lockett.

So as bad as the Harvin trade was, I think gaining Lockett through all that attrition paid off. Eventhough we traded 4 picks to move up for Thundercat. Mostly because Wilson and Lockett could grow into an elite combo moving forward.

Note: That Unger not only helped net us Jimmy Graham who I think will come back better in this offense next year but that 4th round pick also helped the Seahawks trade up for No E.